PDA

View Full Version : Got checked out today

Ken07AOVette
05-10-2010, 11:06 PM
On the way back from Cold Lake we stopped at the Lea Park bridge, well under it actually, and were just standing there looking at the water, when F&W drove up.

Real nice guy; Greg from Vermilion.

Funny rules, you can keep walleye from the Vermilion River, right where it meets the NSR, but cant keep them out of the NSR.

Also- one of the 2 is open now, don't remember which because I don't river fish.

Geezle
05-11-2010, 06:30 AM
Yep, there are definitely some funny rules when it comes to that river. I didn't look at the map to see which region PV is in, but I'm assuming that it's the NSR that is open all year since it's open all year over this way :)

As for keeping walleye from one but not the other, that definitely is a strange one, particularly where the waters meet. I wonder how they'd enforce that one if you're fishing right where they meet? :huh:

I've been checked out a couple times this year already. One guy out by Legends was kind of a jerk...looked *very* closely at my paperwork, and then made me produce ID and gave me a hard time because my signatures weren't exactly the same :rolleyes: My chicken scratch of a signature has never been consistent :lol:

I've also been checked a couple times at my new spot by two guys who work together (didn't get their names) and they were great. Checked my license, barbs, chatted for a bit and then went on their way. Actually the first time they checked me, the second time they didn't even bother, but instead were asking me about the guys who were fishing near me...turns out one of them was fishing without a license :rolleye2:

I hope to see more of those two officers down there :)