PDA

View Full Version : Lake Sundance Perch removal Friday night 6:30 PM

Sundancefisher
05-11-2010, 07:21 AM
Who wants to help net perch? By popular request I can do a Friday night perch removal.

Please come to Lake Sundance at 6:30 pm on May 14, 2010 if interested.

Address:
Sundance Lake Residents Association Ltd.
63 Suncrest Way S.E.
Calgary, Alberta. T2X 1T9

Please be there at 6:30 pm. If you can PM me that you are coming...that would be great.

Waders will be handy if cold out.

also bring a fish bonker or two...

Nets will have been in for 6 days. Lots of bigger ones as well. Size seems to be 1-2 inches bigger on average than 2009. We will split the perch up after netting.

Cheers

Sun

raceu4it
05-11-2010, 08:59 AM
sounds like fun, may have to bring grand kids along for this.

Fish Friend
05-11-2010, 02:25 PM
hey Sundance fisher,I'm new to the forum but have been reading them for quite some time,was wondering if I could take kids with me and join you on Friday.I have gotten myself addicted to fishing over the last few years here in Calgary and am trying to get my son and daughter hooked[daughter has had some good luck and caught a few,son not so much but I beleive it is cause he hasn't caught anything yet].I think they may enjoy doing something like that,would it be okay if they were involved,is it something they can do.Also any tips on close places where kids could maybe catch fish in and around Calgary would be great as still trying to get son on board.thanks

Sundancefisher
05-11-2010, 02:48 PM
hey Sundance fisher,I'm new to the forum but have been reading them for quite some time,was wondering if I could take kids with me and join you on Friday.I have gotten myself addicted to fishing over the last few years here in Calgary and am trying to get my son and daughter hooked[daughter has had some good luck and caught a few,son not so much but I beleive it is cause he hasn't caught anything yet].I think they may enjoy doing something like that,would it be okay if they were involved,is it something they can do.Also any tips on close places where kids could maybe catch fish in and around Calgary would be great as still trying to get son on board.thanks

Come on out. Kids seem to find it really interesting. Also depending upon their age there is a small park behind us they can play at but still be in your sight lines. How old are they? I usually base my fishing trips on the age of the kids and how long they have fished for. I started mine off taking them on hikes along streams. Works out to 5 minutes fishing...25 minutes throwing rocks in the spot I was fishing...followed by 30 minutes shooting rocks out of sling shots at branches...move down creek 200 yards...repeat.

:character0053::1041::fighting0007:

Places like wedge, chain, upper K, Elbow Lake, Rawson Lake, Sibbald, Maclean, Allen Bill etc. are all fun and can be shore fished. Boating with kids is different all together.

just make sure you bring drinks and snacks galore...bribing them with candy and allowing them to leave when bored (no fish biting) is key to not turning them off.

Cheers

Sun

Fish Friend
05-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the response.I figure I would like to go and probably able to convince my son,daughter will come for sure.Was thinking of taking kids to enchant this weekend as well or maybe stay close and go to carburn,been told those to spots are good for perch too.Any advice of what to use.
thanks

Sundancefisher
05-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the response.I figure I would like to go and probably able to convince my son,daughter will come for sure.Was thinking of taking kids to enchant this weekend as well or maybe stay close and go to carburn,been told those to spots are good for perch too.Any advice of what to use.
thanks

http://www.lakesundance.org/PDFs/HowtoSuccessfullyCatchYellowPerchArticleUpdate.pdf

read this...it should help you.

baitfisher83
05-11-2010, 09:30 PM
if anyone is coming from the north side and has room for more i'm definitely up for it...in the mood for some perch whackin..lol

jts1
05-12-2010, 08:55 AM
thanks

I wouldnt count on Carburn keeping your kids in the fish. If you are looking to get the kids on fish and keeping them there PCR is your best bet the walleye down are WAY easy. Just a bobber and a worm your kids will have mega fish days. You my friend will be busy but the kids are what its all about.

Fish Friend
05-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks for input guys,also wondering about Langdon resevoir as it is close to home have been told its good for pike and am thinking about putting float tube out here this week,any info would be great.

Sundancefisher
05-13-2010, 07:31 AM
4 traps are in. If we have a decent turn out I will probably pull the traps again on Wednesday as that day has been requested by a few people.

Cheers and I hope to see a bunch of you Friday night!

Sun

the local angler
05-13-2010, 08:04 AM
depending on what time i get off work i may be able to finally make this perch run on fri.

Sundancefisher
05-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Cool.

Hope to see you there with a bucket.

Surface water temp is back up to 10 degrees. Hopefully the perch are back to spawning and moving around a bunch!

baitfisher83
05-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Well I'll be there, I hope I can find my bonker..lol

Sundancefisher
05-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Well I'll be there, I hope I can find my bonker..lol

great!

Sundancefisher
05-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Weather is looking great for this evening!

I hope to see a bunch of you out tonight. Remember to bring something to take the perch home in!

Cheers

Sun

ADIDAFish
05-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Hi Sundancefisher, I should be able to make it there tonight with the wife and daughter.

Thanks

the local angler
05-15-2010, 11:15 PM
so who all made it out? i made it out but couldn't remember everyone i met.

baitfisher83
05-15-2010, 11:36 PM
I was there..lol watching the kids go all psychotic on those little perch

the local angler
05-16-2010, 04:31 PM
oh i was on the boat with sundancefisher, i must of missed ya. hopefully i will meet and remember for the next time. watching the little kids mutalate the tiny perch was funny as hell, not much left.lol

Sundancefisher
05-16-2010, 05:51 PM
so who all made it out? i made it out but couldn't remember everyone i met.

I was there

the local angler
05-16-2010, 06:23 PM
yeah i remember you lol

slingshotz
05-16-2010, 07:21 PM
We had a bunch of fillets for lunch today, yum yum! Mind you it took about two dozen fillets for the two of us to get somewhat filled but perch=awesome.

Was wondering who else was from the board out there, didn't get a chance to talk to anyone on the boat, hopefully next time, and hopefully a bit more fish too :)

raceu4it
05-17-2010, 03:12 PM
was fun, and the grand-kids broke in there hand carved bonkers with style. looking forward to the next time out.

Sundancefisher
05-17-2010, 03:59 PM
was fun, and the grand-kids broke in there hand carved bonkers with style. looking forward to the next time out.

How about Wednesday?