PDA

View Full Version : THIS is what it's ALL about

FishBrain
05-11-2010, 10:25 AM
So for Mothers day, I gave my wife a break and took the girls fishing. lol
Her plans to go to Montana changed and she didnt want the girls to be let down about fishing while mom is gone, so she told me to take them out and leave her with some peace and quiet.
Who am I to argue with that logic?
So off we went. I figured I would take them out to try and catch their first ever trout. I succeeded!!!
We get to the pond, I setup their rods and bait them up with some worms and a bobber. They start casting while I get my rig setup, before I get my line into the water I hear "Dad, my line is tangled." As I am untangling one line I hear "Dad, my line is tangled," coming from the other side of me.
SSOOoo, I get the lines fixed and get them fishing again.
I get my line intot he water to hear "Dad, My line is tangled again"
It was a little frustrating but hey, gotta teach them, and it is hard to learn without help sometimes. So I get them fixed again and we continue fishing. Lots of bites but tough to get the hook set.
I land a little one, and the girls start to get excited. Then Anna lands one and she is on cloud 9. A nice fish with gorgeous markings on it.
Next is Evas turn. she lands a tiny little guy but is so excited to have it out of the water. Then it was my turn to catch one.
At the end of the day we managed to land 10 fish between us. I got 6 and released 2, tried to release 3 but one went belly up so we kept him, each girl landed 2 and released one.
Eva ended up with the biggest fish by about a half inch, Anna was second in size but the colours on her fish were incredible!!!

I made sure to get the pictures of their first ever Trout, and they are already asking mom if she would like another quiet day. :love0025: I love those girls.

oagie
05-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Well done.

Private Ear
05-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Awesome. You are absolutley right...that is what it's all about. Looks like Mom will get lots of quiet time from here on out:sHa_shakeshout:

nicemustang
05-11-2010, 10:32 AM
nice haul!

ericlin0122
05-11-2010, 10:36 AM
nice! it's great to spend time with kids these days. and catching fish is a plus for sure!

dmckay
05-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Thats awesome Fishbrain! Took my boys out to Crossfield last weekend, but no luck. There were lots biting, but we just couldn't land them. I'm getting a little worried that my youngest is getting bored with it already. Looks like your girls had a blast and you won't have a problem getting them out again!!

I know what you mean with the untangling.....but patience pays off.

FishBrain
05-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Awesome. You are absolutley right...that is what it's all about. Looks like Mom will get lots of quiet time from here on out:sHa_shakeshout:

OH I sure hope so!!!!! either that or she starts Joining us!!!

Thats awesome Fishbrain! Took my boys out to Crossfield last weekend, but no luck. There were lots biting, but we just couldn't land them. I'm getting a little worried that my youngest is getting bored with it already. Looks like your girls had a blast and you won't have a problem getting them out again!!

I know what you mean with the untangling.....but patience pays off.

Yes, I am still working on my patience, hard job!!! lol
I think I threw out 100meters of line that day, I know I need to buy some more now.

DarkAisling
05-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Nice :)

For Mothers' Day I went fishing and left all of the boys at home. :lol:

whitewolf
05-11-2010, 06:28 PM
the smiles say it all...and that pond is great for kids as it can keep them busy with fish biteing

troller
05-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Awesome!!!! Good for you for getting them out there!

Nester
05-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Nice to see :)

hal53
05-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Good for you!!!, Cute girls, they must take after their Mom eh???? (insert chuckles here!!!)

jacenbeers
05-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Mathew, I am glad to see you had a better day at the pond then when you and I went a few weeks ago.

Paul C
05-11-2010, 07:37 PM
:sHa_shakeshout: Nice to see a big smile on her face. It is always fun to take a kid fishin.

goober
05-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Congrats on a job well done!!!:happy0034::47b20s0::sHa_shakeshout:

bowness
05-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Awesome fish! We were at the same lake and caught some. Ate them tonight and they were delicous

Fishfinder
05-12-2010, 03:47 AM
Good job Dad!:)

FishBrain
05-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the comments all!!
and yes the smiles are what make the day.

for the last couple days I have been bombarded with questions of when and where are we going this weekend. This is awesome because it is not me asking to go out fishing, it is them, and mom seems to be a little more lenient on them than me. lolol

Piers
05-12-2010, 02:28 PM
way cool.. This has convinced me to charge up the DS's and take my boys (7 & 9) to the pond Saturday morning. They have a low patience level so hopefully we do as well as you and your girls. The 7 yr old (the one in my avatar) always wants to go, but I need someplace that will reward his short cast lol, and the older one needs to hook something soon or I'll lose his interest

BigRackLover
05-12-2010, 02:34 PM
nice going, that is what it's all about.

dmckay
05-12-2010, 02:35 PM
What pond was that? I only know of Dewitt's and Crossfield. I'm hoping to go somewhere that my youngest will have better luck.

FishBrain
05-12-2010, 02:36 PM
way cool.. This has convinced me to charge up the DS's and take my boys (7 & 9) to the pond Saturday morning. They have a low patience level so hopefully we do as well as you and your girls. The 7 yr old (the one in my avatar) always wants to go, but I need someplace that will reward his short cast lol, and the older one needs to hook something soon or I'll lose his interest

take'm, you probably wont need the DS. lots of fish. lots of bites.

whitewolf
05-12-2010, 06:36 PM
we might be there sat morning to...not totaly sure yet but if you see a white jacket with a wolf on it...say hi

Piers
05-12-2010, 07:27 PM
take'm, you probably wont need the DS. lots of fish. lots of bites.

The DS is for the drive lol.. We're talking about the pond, right? Not the Lake

plans are changing, looks like Friday after school