PDA

View Full Version : Baptiste River info

Heimdallr
05-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Has anyone fished the Baptiste this year? If so, how's it fishing?

More importantly, if anyone has fished it in the past, where is the best place to access it? I'm looking to target brookies and having to fish the beaver dams is fine, so I guess quality of fishing vs. access is what I'm after. I am also willing to walk.

I've never fished there so any information at all would actually be extremely helpful. Thanks.

selanne88
05-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Hi there, I have fished the Baptist where it joins the north saskatchewan river. That use to be an awesome spot for walleye, browns, pike and brookies. It has been a long time 5 years or so. the best place to access is on the highway that goes past crimson lake cant remember the number. The river also passes through the sunchild and ochiese reservations so u might need to gain permision with the local band office if you chose to fish it on the reservation.

Heimdallr
05-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the info. Do you mean Sunchild Road?

selanne88
05-11-2010, 10:17 PM
you can take the sunchild road but it is usually very rough with lots of washboard and oilfield traffic. the crimson lake road is paved for a ways then you turn onto another road to enter the sunchild reserve. there is a sign and you cant miss it.