PDA

View Full Version : Fire near swan lake? and moonshine lake..

gpguy7
05-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Hey guys,

I was gonna head out to swan lake east of debolt tomorrow morning, but heard some reports at wholesale today that the lake is closed because of a big brushfire in the area? has anyone else heard this or can tell me if its true?

Also has anyone been up to moonshine since ice is off? Any report on if it winter killed at all or how the water levels are and how the fishing is?

Thanks

KillBilly
05-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Went to Sturgeon yesterday and it looked like there was a raging fire in the Swan area. Didn't see much smoke when I drove past it today though.

farmboy_ab
05-14-2010, 10:06 AM
The radio still said Swan was closed this morning, Will be at Moonshine tommorow evening, maybe see you there

TUFFBUFF
05-14-2010, 10:39 AM
I was going to go yesterday too, I guess there water bombing out of swan & sturgeon - I thought it was the swan lake on the BC border.
Might try moonshine mid next week

whiskybaron
05-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Hey KillBilly

How did you do at Sturgeon I am planning on going tommorow was just wondering how you did and if you did well werethere any size to them ?

gpguy7
05-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Anyone know if it's closed again due to the lightning last night? Ended up going to moonshine last week. Caught about 20 scrappy rainbows trolling flies. Mostly in the 14-17 inch range but manages to pick up one at 22. Nice lake out there but the water is pretty shallow.

Would like to get out to swan tomorrow if it's open? Any help would be appreciated.

Joe Fehr
05-19-2010, 10:05 PM
No water bombers flying last weekend, best bet would be to talk to SRD or the F&W just to be sure.