PDA

View Full Version : bow valley provincial park

brohymn2
05-15-2010, 10:28 PM
going camping next weekend with my wifes family to bow valley provincial park, contemplating bringing up my 14 ft lund to take my nephew fishing, any lakes close to there that are good for fishing, also wondering if theres ice on the lakes, any help will be very appreciated, if theres no lakes, how are the rivers around the area, i was looking on google apps andsaw barrier lake and lac des arcs are close but i dont know if theyr worth fishing, i know spray lake is outside of canmore is close also but am ubsure with fishing this area of the province at this point in the season

thanks for the help

brohymn2
05-17-2010, 03:53 PM

sheephunter
05-17-2010, 04:08 PM
There is some great fishing in the Bow at the park. Check the regs to see if it's open. As for lakes, Spray may still well be frozen. You could give Ghost a try. Also, Minnewanka opens on the Monday of long weekend.

brohymn2
05-17-2010, 04:24 PM
cool, thanks

spinerfisher
05-17-2010, 08:29 PM
just one thing to consider is the boat launch at barrier is not that good and could be difficult to launch. last time i was there we had to walk down to lake about 80 feet from launch:sign0161: K lakes should be okay to launch. Again if your are planning to boat just a heads up. if you do fish barrier fish where kananskis river comes into lake. many big browns in those braided channels. good luck

Gillfisher
05-18-2010, 07:12 AM
Barrier Lake can be pretty good but my first trip up there last year was in May. It was a difficult launch as the water level was real low and i had to drive onto the public beach to launch my boat as the boat launch was high and dry.

Another good spot for a small boat is right in the town of Exshaw then you can go either up or down river. I have only gone up river

Gillfisher

ORV
05-18-2010, 07:31 AM
one of the guys i work with was at barrier on sat.
forget about launching anything there for now.
he showed me somes pic,s. low is not the word for it.
hope this helps

orv.

brohymn2
05-18-2010, 04:19 PM
thanks guys, probably wont be bringing the boat, probably just fish from shore with the ip[ waders