PDA

View Full Version : sat carson trip..

bearbait
05-16-2010, 10:19 AM
was good to see u all at carson on sat. was a nice day and the fishin was on fire...we caught well over 100 fish in our boat alone...i did get alot of vid footage and when i get a chance will put it together and post...how did u guys make out thorne??..

managed to get thruogh the smaller ones by running a #7 plug but some of them were as big as it...lol.. fisty little guys...:fighting0074:

still find them staging off sharp drops at 25-30 ft of water...smaller one are moving in to the shallows but the big guys are sitting deep till dusk...we were the last ones on the lake and pulled the boat at 10:30pm...what a nice night...lake was like glass for the last 2 hrs...

good fishin..
rob

Geezle
05-16-2010, 10:34 AM
Well, I don't know if we hit the 100 fish mark in our boat or not, but we definitely had a good time out there. I think Greg had a horseshoe stashed somewhere uncomfortable, because he was pulling 'em out left and right!

Sorry for not introducing myself out there...my manners aren't always top notch :o I was the meathead sitting in the front of thorne's boat :wave:

Earnhardthunter
05-16-2010, 10:35 AM
It was a rough 8hr shift. Troll-Reel in fish. Cast-Reel in fish.lol

GMac
05-16-2010, 05:23 PM
It wasn't a horseshoe it was a lucky rabbits foot and it was no less uncomfortable :scared: On the bright side didn't the fishing get better after me and the little guy shorten your line :sign0007: It was a great day on the water and a pleasure to meet two great AO Members. Also met Paul C at the boat launch and he was having good luck also.

Geezle
05-16-2010, 06:01 PM
It wasn't a horseshoe it was a lucky rabbits foot and it was no less uncomfortable :scared: On the bright side didn't the fishing get better after me and the little guy shorten your line :sign0007: It was a great day on the water and a pleasure to meet two great AO Members. Also met Paul C at the boat launch and he was having good luck also.

Haha, well no worries about the line, it was a good learning experience for him :) I actually kinda like those ones, that way you can show them the reason you're telling them not to do something :) And after the problems I had with that stupid little reel, it's only going to be used for ice fishing from now on, and there's still plenty of line left on it for that, even after cutting it twice (and I lost *way* more line when I got it all tangled the first time! :lol:)

Best of all, I think it's safe to say he had a good time fishing with Dad :cool: And it was great to meet the both of you, we'll definitely have to try to get out together again :character0053:

Paul C
05-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Here is the only photos of the two fish. Weight between 2 to 3 lbs aprox.
Large fish are still moving in the shallows. Fun ultra-lite fishin.

monster pike
05-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Here is the only photos of the two fish. Weight between 2 to 3 lbs aprox.
Large fish are still moving in the shallows. Fun ultra-lite fishin.

nice fish would they Constitute a trophy for the books kuz i inderstand it it is a trophy lake.:)

bearbait
05-16-2010, 07:48 PM
what time u catch those one paul??

Paul C
05-16-2010, 07:59 PM
what time u catch those one paul??
evening around supper time. The fish are so close to shore its scary.

bearbait
05-16-2010, 08:00 PM
yup sounds about right...nice fish by the way..

Paul C
05-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Bearbait do you have video of those big fish you said you caught on saturday ?

Trey
05-18-2010, 02:49 AM
where is this carson you speak of, those are some nice fish there and id like to try my luck, is it in southern alberta?

Geezle
05-18-2010, 06:23 AM
It's up by Whitecourt :)