PDA

View Full Version : Slave Lake water level.

spark
05-16-2010, 12:09 PM
Anyone know the water level situation on the Lesser Slave Lake, I was told that is very low and Hiliard's bay provincial park is the only boat launch that has deep enough water on west side of the lake .

simmered
05-16-2010, 01:31 PM
I know of a few people that have launched their boats at spruce point boat launch last week. They said it wasn't bad

Geezle
05-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

You'll probably have better luck with your question if you post it in the fishing section :)

bearbait
05-16-2010, 05:50 PM
from what i hear from wally at reel inn in faust its very low this year....but can still get out at faust launch..
good luck...5 days to slave...wooooohoooo!!!

outdoors forever
05-16-2010, 08:18 PM
The lake levels are VERY low all around the lake, and you specifically mentioned Hilliards Bay - not a very good out look for that boat launch. The water is extremly low around that area and the sand bars are at the surface everywhere. The problem with Hilliards boat launch is that the cement pads have a very gradual drop, not a steep launch by any means, and any time there is a west blowing heavy wind that launch just gets filled in with sand, very frustrating for the maintenance people there and for anglers as well.:(

sourdough doug
05-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Generally speaking, I too, Have found that when the lake level is low at one end of the lake , it is also low at the other end. :)
Seriously though, I think just about all the boat launch facilities on Slave, are presently much less than adequate. One might be able to set in and pull out MT,but to load and pull out might present a problem at the ones I've seen.. Good to have some Buds handy and I don't mean the lite ones..