PDA

View Full Version : Fishing spots near Kananaskis

Mattattack
05-16-2010, 09:45 PM
Hey everyone. I am going to be heading down to the Kananaskis Sundance Lodges for the may long weekend. I am going to have two days of fishing. I am fishing from the shore, so i am looking for some shore friendly fishing areas that will hopefully produce some fish. I would like to stay within 45 minutes of the Sundance lodges, if anyone is familiar with that location.

Thanks!

DANOMAN
05-17-2010, 04:11 AM
you can try off the dam at the boat launch at lower kananaskis lake i had good luck there on spinners catching big bull trout.

jacenbeers
05-17-2010, 08:01 AM
You are pretty close to Sibbald Meadows Pond, Upper and Lower Kananaskis lakes, Mt Lorette Ponds, Barrier Lake, Wedge Pond.

Mattattack
05-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Catching some bull trout would knock a to do off the list of fish to catch haha. I will have to check out that lake. Its all new territory for me so it should be a fun experiance.

Guitarplayingfish
05-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Kananaskis is amazing, to start. You should be able to find lots of places to fish. Wedge pond is pretty cool, stocked with artic grayling, but I will tell you they are quite fussy. There are monster bulls in lower kananaskis, but catching em can also prove challenging. Im not too familiar with the area myself, only fished it a couple times. Let me know how it goes, Im interested =)

Logan
05-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Drive all the way around to the Lower K by the spill way from the Upper K, use Zinger Minnows, Bucktails, Jigs and Buzz Bombs in white. I try not to fish too close to the spill way due to many many snags but Ive had some great luck in there. We always open water fish it there before we ice fish Lower K in the winter.

This is almost the Average sized Bull in the Lower K.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/LoganLundy/P4060623.jpg

Mattattack
05-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Drive all the way around to the Lower K by the spill way from the Upper K, use Zinger Minnows, Bucktails, Jigs and Buzz Bombs in white. I try not to fish too close to the spill way due to many many snags but Ive had some great luck in there. We always open water fish it there before we ice fish Lower K in the winter.

This is almost the Average sized Bull in the Lower K.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/LoganLundy/P4060623.jpg

That is a beautiful fish. Hopefully i hook a few beauties. I am definately going to check out this spillway.