PDA

View Full Version : Early Fishing at Sylvan Lake

TexasTornado
05-18-2010, 08:03 AM
What is it with people fishing off the pier at Sylvan?? The season isn't open plus i thought the pier was closed until June or whatever? It really ****es me to see and hear about this.

hunter49
05-18-2010, 01:08 PM
call report a poacher and make a few bucks off it instead of whining on the forum.

floppychicken
05-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Yep, no one is supposed to be fishing from the Pier. Honestly, they probably should put up a sign or two so there are no excuses, especially for those that don't have REGS, or can't 'read them properly'.

Sure, the regs are 'supposed' to come with the Licenses but I've seen first hand how license holders don't actually GET the regs.....

I waited in line at 'Crappy Tire' (this season) and watched 4 people (two couples) buying fishing licenses and NOT 1 of them were given the regs. The next guy in line ALSO did not get one... I automatically assumed that they were out and when I bought mine, but I asked for one anyway and 'low and behold' the Girl gave me one from a HUGE stack under the counter! She was just 'forgetting' to give them out! Also, I have picked up a license or have gone with someone to get them one and they have been OUT of Regs...

/J...

Cowtown guy
05-18-2010, 02:49 PM
I can't see a sign helping.

Letting someone know however, if you see them fishing illegally, that you are calling the game cops as they are poaching should put a skip in their step. I'll also be willing to bet they go out and find a set of regs before the next time.

I don't think blaming the license issuers for not giving regs out is viable. Should they? Sure they should. Ultimately the license holder is responsible to know and follow the regs. It is on them.

You said yourself Floppy that you asked and they gave you a copy. That was the responsible action. Others should do the same.

Sadly there are also some who just don't give a crap. A sign won't matter to them either.

ULTRAlite
05-18-2010, 04:07 PM
I'd be phoning the hotline every time someone's out there if that's the case. $500 in your pocket sure helps the fishing addiction.... or does it....

floppychicken
05-18-2010, 04:16 PM
I can't see a sign helping.

Letting someone know however, if you see them fishing illegally, that you are calling the game cops as they are poaching should put a skip in their step. I'll also be willing to bet they go out and find a set of regs before the next time.

I don't think blaming the license issuers for not giving regs out is viable. Should they? Sure they should. Ultimately the license holder is responsible to know and follow the regs. It is on them.

You said yourself Floppy that you asked and they gave you a copy. That was the responsible action. Others should do the same.

Sadly there are also some who just don't give a crap. A sign won't matter to them either.

Yep, I agree with most of what you're saying... It's just that people NEW to fishing wouldn't even KNOW that regulations exist and should be given out. It's easy for us to understand, but NEWBS who have never fished and have never had a 'fisherman' in their family, just 'Can't wrap their head' around that kind of thing.

/J...

wildman
05-18-2010, 04:27 PM
REPORT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
poachers are COUNTING ON the indifference of the public
why not stop it and make a few $$$$

Deano85
05-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Isnt the whole lake closed.

floppychicken
05-19-2010, 02:29 AM
Isnt the whole lake closed.

Yep, that's why that person would have and 'should have' been busted pretty good. The 'Special Closure' continues from 'opening day' on the 21st to June 30th and I'm pretty sure it's going to be VERY unpopular... :)