PDA

View Full Version : New personal best

Trey
05-19-2010, 12:28 AM
went with a friend to the secret ponds today and i landed on shore 24 rainbows, most of which were around 12". i lost about 8 or so more here and there throughout the day, my biggest was 16" and i let him go, my bro on the otherhand kept 1 fish 15 inch and we just finished eating, sooo good,

he was getting pretty frustrated partway through the day as he was using a medium heavy one piece rod with not alot of sensitivity that he bought at bass pro. and a bit bigger hooks aswell. he caught about 7 or 8, but lost easily another 10, but we only fish single barbless so it can be a bit of a challenge to keep them on but pretty rewarding when your returning fish relatively unharmed so they can be caught later when they are bigger.:) man what a great day, i have never caught that many in one day, not even when i was a kid and used to fish the west coast. let alone that many rainbows.

i have some great shots too and ill put them up as soon as i figure out how. cheers

WayneChristie
05-19-2010, 07:07 AM
Sounds like a great day for sure ! open a free account at photobucket.com and you can post either your pics or links to them . easy as pie