PDA

View Full Version : What's fishing like at Rolling Hills?

fishface74
05-20-2010, 12:37 PM
I have a co-worker who has leased a waterfront site there for the season, but being fairly new to Alberta, I don't know anything about Rolling Hills Reservoir. There seems to be very little on-line info about fishing in that water body as well. Anyone have any feedback? Thanks!

dennisb
05-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Lots of smaller walleye, pike and even perch. I've never had a awsome day there but usually have had a OK day there. It can be pretty weedy at the north end of the lake. Great place to camp...super clean and one of the best boat launched around IMO. Good luck

sportster
05-20-2010, 09:36 PM
the walleye aren't really that small i've caught prob a dozen in the 6-8 lb range only problem is you need tags to harvest walleye in this lake. as for pike the biggest i've managed is 14 lbs but i think tgere are way bigger ones than that. had a few just destroy carbon fibre leader and get away, didn't get to see them but they were big fish

Lambo
05-21-2010, 12:15 AM
My opinion is the same as dennisb's. Okay fishing, not great. Haven't caught anything over 5lbs yet but you never know... Awesome boat launch though.