PDA

View Full Version : Medicine Lake Gathering 50/50 Donation Organizations

DarkAisling
05-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Please have a look at the websites for the following organizations, and make your choice in the poll. If you feel a different organization is more worthy, please mark your choice as "Other" and include the organization in a post to the thread. This poll may be run twice: if the results are very close or if there is another organization or two to add to the poll.

Project Healing Waters Canada
http://projecthealingwaters.ca/

Donations will be forwarded to:
PHWFFC
c/o Kerry Pitt (President)
(Private Residence)
Beaumont, AB

Please be aware that PHWFFC's application for status as a charitable organization is still being processed by the government. We can still donate, but no tax receipt can be issued yet.

Casting for Recovery Canada
http://www.castingforrecovery.com

Casting for Recovery Canada
230 Walmer Road
Toronto, Ontario, M5R 3R7
CANADA

Alberta Conservation Association
http://www.ab-conservation.com

Donations will be forward to:
Alberta Conservation Association
101 – 9 Chippewa Road
Sherwood Park, AB T8A 6J7

Trout Unlimited Canada
http://www.tucanada.org/

Trout Unlimited Canada
Suite 160, 6712 Fisher Street SE
Calgary, AB T2H 2A7
Canada

Alberta Stream Watch Conservation Coalition
http://www.albertastreamwatch.com/

Trout Unlimited Canada
Suite 160, 6712 Fisher Street SE
Calgary, AB T2H 2A7
Canada

Please be aware that a note must be included on the cheque to indicate "Stream Watch Alberta" to ensure the proper direction of the funds.

Please note that you may only make one choice in the poll, and the poll will close in five (5) days.

timsesink
05-20-2010, 02:37 PM
all good choices.

DarkAisling
05-20-2010, 02:58 PM
all good choices.

Thanks :) I've personally confirmed all of the donation info too, so everyone can be assured that even the lesser known are all valid and active organizations. All of the organizations have helped Alberta/Albertans as well.

diamonddave
05-20-2010, 03:59 PM
My Hats off to you Shelley, I think what you guys are doing is great. I wish I could be there to meet all you guys but prior commitments that weekend. Good job to everyone involved.:happy0180:

FishBrain
05-20-2010, 04:08 PM
Great Job Shelley, Hard choice between project healing and casting for recovery.
BUT, I did what I did. :)

jts1
05-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Just a thought Since we are doing more of a kid focused gathering this time Why dont we have the donations go to something of the same sort. Big Brothers or a school lunch program, something to do with the kids.

DarkAisling
05-20-2010, 05:30 PM
Just a thought Since we are doing more of a kid focused gathering this time Why dont we have the donations go to something of the same sort. Big Brothers or a school lunch program, something to do with the kids.

Let's get through this round, and then for round two we can add kid focussed organizations into the mix with the winner from this round. Does that sound alright?

jts1
05-20-2010, 06:01 PM
I am sure what ever is picked will be a great choice. Please dont change your plan just for my case. This is your thread and I will support what ever is chosen

DarkAisling
05-20-2010, 07:36 PM
I am sure what ever is picked will be a great choice. Please dont change your plan just for my case. This is your thread and I will support what ever is chosen

I reserved the right to run a second poll in the first post ;) It would require no changing of plans :)

flygirrl
05-21-2010, 07:52 AM
bump

Okotokian
05-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Just a thought... do you really need to vote to give to one "winner" organization? Perhaps just split the funds proportionally. One organization gets 40% of the votes, give them 40% of the funds.

I didn't vote as I won't be there. Better the actual attendees decide.

DarkAisling
05-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Just a thought... do you really need to vote to give to one "winner" organization? Perhaps just split the funds proportionally. One organization gets 40% of the votes, give them 40% of the funds.

I didn't vote as I won't be there. Better the actual attendees decide.

If we were to collect a large amount of funds I certainly think that would be the best way to do it. I don't think we'll collect a "large" amount though. $50 or $100 split several ways? Sure, the organizations could make use of the funds. It hardly seems worth it though.

But! If we were to raise $1000 I think we could spread that around quite nicely. I also think that is as unlikely as a lava flow in downtown Calgary.

Also, at present we've got "other" votes . . . but no one has indicated what "other" organization that is (as requested). That would complicate splitting it as well.

DarkAisling
05-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Very pleased to see that the last organization without a vote got one :) I was starting to think I'd blown it by including that one.

One of the programs sponsored by them (Stream Watch) is the hiring of seasonal enforcement officers for SRD, who patrol the Eastern Slopes from May to September.

DarkAisling
05-25-2010, 03:28 PM
This poll has run its course, and the winner is Project Healing Waters Canada.

If anyone would like to run Project Healing Waters against other organizations, provide me with the name of the organization and the donation information, and I'll set up the poll.

tonyflyfish
05-25-2010, 03:35 PM
I think you have done a heck of a good job and I support the majority.
T