PDA

View Full Version : Red Deer River

Alexey
05-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Hey Guys,

Anyone could give some hints or directions to fish the river near Drumheller?

Many thanks
A.

troller
05-21-2010, 03:14 PM
I haven't fished that way for so many years that I probably can't help you with any good spots to start at.

I find that medium sized yellow/red 5 of diamonds or a red/white works well and have had some luck with a rapela type small perch looking thing. Yellow seems to go over well with everything from the goldeye to the walleye. The wife does well fishing worms off the bottom. I've had good luck fishing worms under a bobber, more exciting for me than sitting watching the rod LOL. I usually start with the bobber about 18 inches above the worm and if I don't get anything after a dozen casts or so I start adjusting the height.

Oh in case you have never done it. I throw the bobber up stream as far as I can and just let it float on by, reeling in the line to take up slack as it goes. See it bob a little, I set the hook. I really enjoy that kind of fishing for some reason :)

Good luck!

Oh yeah, if you walk along the shore and can find a deep pool, there is a fair chance a pike might be laying in wait!

Alexey
05-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Thanks Troller,

going try it maybe tomorrow.

Alexey
05-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Oh yeah, if you walk along the shore and can find a deep pool, there is a fair chance a pike might be laying in wait!
finding a good deep pool will likely be my main challenge:thinking-006: