PDA

View Full Version : SSR n sturg...

Fishfinder
05-22-2010, 07:39 PM
how's it been treating u? Thus far have managed 3 sturg..4ft, 3ft, n 2 ft. Knock on wood....no suckers yet...maybe jus jinxed meself. The general crew of ours have been wrangling sturg (smaller) moreso than any other species. Nice to see the Walters have returned...hooked into a nice fat 21"er the other day, first decent Walleye of the season. Where are them fiesty goldeyes?...always fun:)

sportster
05-23-2010, 10:39 AM
i havent managed to get away from them darn suckers, last trip out 5 suckers(2 redtail) 2 goldeye and 1 sturg about 18". sharp little bugger. these were not far from the house

Fishfinder
05-23-2010, 08:43 PM
i havent managed to get away from them darn suckers, last trip out 5 suckers(2 redtail) 2 goldeye and 1 sturg about 18". sharp little bugger. these were not far from the house

Yup, jinxed myself argh! Caught a couple suckas today, but that's ok cuz with them came sturgeo numero 4 n 5 for the year...both 2'ish. Yet to see a redtail sucka thus far this year. And yes, them little sturg sure are spikey!!!
Sidenote: Anyone pull a pike out of the SSR yet? Haven't seen one yet here.
Cheers n GL!

braxxtonn
05-24-2010, 03:34 PM
I havent seen a pike come out yet this year either..

Fishfinder
05-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Yup, still yet to see one and been fishing the riv perty hard over the last few days. Had a gr8 sunday...one walter, 2 suckas, n 4 sturgeon. 45 n 49 inch sturg back to back within a half hr WOOWOO! The 49er had 18 inch girth too! I reckon 30#s, beat me personal best by 1 inch girth. Man I love the way they fight and they never ever swallow the hook. Good times:)
Sure the riv is high and mucky but the sturg are surely back in town:sHa_shakeshout: