PDA

View Full Version : Down By The Bow

FishingForLife
05-23-2010, 01:18 AM
So an amazing experience happened tonight. Was downtown calgary with my buddy for a few drinks, met some new friends. we decided to walk home around 11. So we start walking down stephen avenue. Made our way to Memorial and 4th st. As we walked over a bridge, I was explaining to hin about, runs, pools, eddies, etc. And no sooner then we peered over, there were a huge number of Brown Trout feeding along the shore. As we went down to the rivers edge, there were a few, I swear, were over 15 inches just feeding relaxingly. As I crawled over a rock and explained why this Brown was holding there, another Brown, which had to be ATLEAST 20 inches from head to tail, swam in within an arms length. Needles to say, it was an unforgetable event (Due to the fact i'm a massive fish nut). But thats my story. And just seeing these beautiful, and some massive fish, was just undescribable. Thought i'd post it on here.

jacenbeers
05-23-2010, 09:02 AM
THe same thing happened with me the other day twice. I was walking on my lunch break from work and explaining runs and pools to a friend and pointing one out in the little stream between Prince's Island Park and the river trail and a huge whitefish was sitting in the little pool.

As well, I was crossing the foot bridge near Fort Calgary to the island and there was a huge brown under the bridge near an eddy.

FishingForLife
05-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Isn't that awesome. They show up at the right time.