PDA

View Full Version : beaver lake by lac la biche

pikehunter1989
05-25-2010, 04:00 PM
anyone had good luck there around this time of year? thinking about heading up there this weekend and or the following weekend. i have been out there once before and did a bit of fishing but didnt have a whole lot of luck. just a few smaller pike.

Also is there any where else to camp on the lake other than the fish n friends camp ground? i know its a very nice camp ground but it can get a bit crowded with familys and what not. and its my birthday weekend and a couple of my friends can get a little bit noisy at times and have gotten me in trouble with the park rangers in the past and would much rather not have to worry about trying to keep them quiet all weekend. anyways any info on the lake or other camp grounds would be great.

wallycranker
05-27-2010, 11:14 PM
south side of the lake theres a place called spruce point. there is camping stalls there and its prety nice as well.

LacLaBicheNS
05-28-2010, 08:59 AM
terrible pike fishing... you'll never get one over 75cm..

walleye is not bad.

wildfisher
05-28-2010, 11:46 AM
spruce point is closed this year.
but who would want to go there
i hadeverything from inside my unit stolen including the forks
go figure a.
they broke the glass and took everythig
rcmp said becouse i was camping at a reserve they have no gerestiction there.:mad0030:
never will go there again
this year i went to fish n friends and i loved it so did my family
clean and respectful place
tony the owner was great
:)

beaver river game
06-03-2010, 08:13 AM
I cant believe you would say that about the people at spruce point, they are very nice people i know some of them personaly and as long as your nice to them they treat you with great hospitality. On another note the fishing is also really good right off spruce point.

kreator
06-03-2010, 12:38 PM
I was out there a couple nights ago and the fishing was slow. All the guys we talked to on the lake agreed. We managed to catch a half dozen or so really small pike and one walleye in the 2.5 hours we were out there.