PDA

View Full Version : Fishing spots for a day in edmonton

gpguy7
05-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Hey guys,

I'm in Edmonton for a couple days waiting to go out on a job, but am looking to do some fishing. I've read up on the threads about the area but am not really familiar with it. Would be wading as I don't have the boat with me, but have both fly gear and hardware with me. Doesn't matter what I'm fishing for as long as it's inside half hour to 45 minutes. And could anyone tell me where to find the leduc trout pond as well?

Thanks

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Give the river a go . Hard to beat gold eye on fly rod esspecially at night . If you pm me Ill give you directions to a few place I know of . How ever the river is very high and fast flowing right now .

Theres also
Morinville pond
Cardiff pond
Beaumont trout pond

Also you could hit up 7-11 pick up Barry mitchells guide 8 bucks and has some alright info for area ponds and directions on how to get there .

Dak1138
05-27-2010, 05:27 AM
You can try Muir if you want to catch larger rainbows . There is a baitban there and you can only keep one over 50 cm there .
Sauer and Chickakoo are a ten minute drive from there if you feel the need to catch dome smaller trout.
These lakes are about a half hour drive from west Edmonton mall north of spruce grove.

Geezle
05-27-2010, 06:44 AM
When are you going to be in the 'hood? :wave:

gpguy7
05-27-2010, 06:54 AM
Haha I'm actually in the city right now geezle. Staying in the Bonnie dune area if that's of any help to anyone

Geezle
05-27-2010, 07:10 AM
Hmm...I *might* be able to get out for a couple hours later this afternoon depending on how work goes. PM incoming :)

secretspot
05-27-2010, 07:45 AM
you cant beat fishing at the dawsonbridge for some walleyes,pike and goldeye,even heard tell of a couple o geons being caught there.

kidd
05-27-2010, 08:42 AM
If you are in Bonnie Doone area, just head East to 50th street and then North to the River. It is a 5km drive. Park at the lot on the left or, a hundred yards before the river take a right on the gravel past the water treatment planet and park at the end of the road. Fish anywhere you can find a good looking spot.
Or, head North on 83st street from BD Mall, take the third exit at the trafic circle and head down the hill to where the river boat docks. Might find a good spot there.
good luck.
kidd

stuartmcgrandle
05-27-2010, 02:01 PM
cant beat devils lake, north side weedbed for 15-30" pike