PDA

View Full Version : Rock Island Lake Campsite

Safety D
05-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Does anyone know if its true Rock Island campsite is closed. If it is what a shame. oh and any fishing reports from there??

Chris K
05-27-2010, 03:32 PM
The campsite is closed. There are big cement berms that were put up to block off accross the campsite road, just after the boat launch. The boat launch is in really bad shape as the ice heaved it and it's folded over. If you have a nice boat, I would not reccommend using the launch at all to put your boat in the water. There is no dock in either, and the lake seems to me to be lower than last year too. Guys were launching smaller boats to the east side of the launch, but it's all muck there, and is pretty soft, and I wouldn't back a truck up too far in there or you will get stuck. I won't be fishing there this year out of my boat!

Chris K

Rackmastr
05-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Thats a shame. What a great lake for fishing and the time I was there I had a great time.

buckmaster
05-27-2010, 10:33 PM
The lake is now DEAD !!!!

Safety D
05-28-2010, 07:31 AM
That lake is NOT DEAD !!!!

short4
06-14-2010, 11:50 AM
So, is the fishing just down @ Rock Island or is the whole Camping grounds closed? Because I was just about to make an event for my 25th birthday in July to do some camping at the lake i've been camping @ since I was a child!
:angry3:

funfisher16
06-14-2010, 01:07 PM
The campground is closed, you can still launch a boat and I am sure the fishin is still decent. I am heading there next weekend. I will let you know how it went.

Fishingnutter
06-14-2010, 01:15 PM
So, is the fishing just down @ Rock Island or is the whole Camping grounds closed? Because I was just about to make an event for my 25th birthday in July to do some camping at the lake i've been camping @ since I was a child!
:angry3:

By what the other guys are posting, it sounds like the fishing is grrrreat!!!

short4
06-14-2010, 02:40 PM
The campground is closed, you can still launch a boat and I am sure the fishin is still decent. I am heading there next weekend. I will let you know how it went.

Yeah, i'm just interested in the camping, but let me know how it all went. My father was there all winter fishing and we were there last August, we knew something was up because there was no wood being delivered, but if that's the only issue it won't stop me from camping there unless it's absolutely impossible to get to a site, hah! Let me know!! Thanks a lot.

Chris K
06-14-2010, 02:55 PM
There is no access into the campsite with a vehicle at all.

The launch is also severely damaged, and there is no dock in the water either. Good luck!

Chris K

short4
06-14-2010, 03:24 PM
There is no access into the campsite with a vehicle at all.

The launch is also severely damaged, and there is no dock in the water either. Good luck!

Chris K

Darn, that puts a damper on things.. I guess i'll have to look for another campsite for my birthday, what a shame, Rock Island will be missed

Kurt505
07-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Any more word on what's up at Rock Island lake? Why is it shut down?

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-07-2010, 12:07 AM
Any more word on what's up at Rock Island lake? Why is it shut down?

Because the caretakers werent takeing good enough care of the government campsite so they shut it down .

JohninAB
07-07-2010, 06:12 AM
BBJ that is not correct. The MD of Wabasca was looking after the campsite but stopped last year. No one else came forward to run it so they shut it down.