PDA

View Full Version : NSR Question

White Devil
05-29-2010, 07:13 AM
Just curious, for those guys out there successfully fishing the NSR, what depth of water around structure do you catch most walleye? What time of year?
I have so many questions, I just moved here and want to enjoy what the river offers. Any help is really appreciated.

secretspot
05-29-2010, 07:40 PM
hey there
there are many spots in the city to enjoy a great fishery
just need to remember to make it better than you found it
i have spent many a trip to the river cleaning up after people who forget this.
any how try down by the dawson bridgefollow the path from the parking area to the left.go daown the bank stay right of the runoff pipe bye about 300 meters or so cast out with pickerel rigs with coloradoblades on them or just plain. leeches and minnows and have a blast

Fishingnutter
05-29-2010, 08:07 PM
hey there
there are many spots in the city to enjoy a great fishery
just need to remember to make it better than you found it
i have spent many a trip to the river cleaning up after people who forget this.
any how try down by the dawson bridgefollow the path from the parking area to the left.go daown the bank stay right of the runoff pipe bye about 300 meters or so cast out with pickerel rigs with coloradoblades on them or just plain. leeches and minnows and have a blast

6 feet deep muddy, 8 feet clear, shottier weather the better. Get going I hear Alberti is stuck in February.

Safety D
05-29-2010, 08:08 PM
The river is dead now !!!!!

Fishingnutter
05-29-2010, 08:10 PM

but there's no good hockey on either, so it's kinda even steven.

Geezle
05-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Pulled a few pike out of the river yesterday...it's not dead, just a little slow in the cold :)

buckmaster
05-29-2010, 09:43 PM

Dont worry, if you read most of safety Dons posts, everything in alberta is DEAD!!!LOL

e40water12
05-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Ive been getting awsome results in the NSR, Ive already caught about 25 pikes, I got caught my 3rd stergeon, Just have to try fishing around weed front area's for the walleyes and pikes. Ive been using green leeches with a jig, they were hammering on them like crazy.

alodar
05-29-2010, 11:09 PM
i have had some success but im still discovering the river i have yet to pull anything substantial out of there if you want goldeye i can tell u where goldeye are though ;) and they are lots of fun

White Devil
05-30-2010, 08:19 AM
Thanks everyone, I sure appreciate it. I agree with the river stewardship, I pulled a shopping cart out across from the goldbar launch, and the city came to pick it up and dispose of it. It truly is a beautiful river.

Safety D
05-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Its ALIVE!!!!!! Is that better !!!!!