PDA

View Full Version : Anyone brave the weather this weekend???

mcampb
05-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Thinkin' of headin out tomorrow in the rain/snow to feed my addiction... wondering who all is braving the weather and if your catching?

kinwahkly
05-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Im heading out fly fishing some where, dont know where but Im driving somewhere, maybe try pcr with a fly rod to catch some walleyes

the local angler
05-29-2010, 10:25 PM
i already tried to hit some trout ponds for the last 3 days and only caught my limit of trout once and i found with the drop in weathere and temp the fish also slowed down and the hits were very small and felt more like nudges. very slow fishing in two feet of snow in k country.

hustler
05-29-2010, 10:47 PM
I did the lac st anne trip today...... out at 8..... shut her down at 5 when the snow started sticking to my line trolling...... Got a few good catches tho....... and cold as hell.... Choppy ect.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-29-2010, 11:45 PM
DAmn rights id be out there with all this weather , some of the best fishing in my opinion , but Health reasons havent allowed me to get out now 5 weeks , still got a needle ramed in my arm . But hopefully with a little poutty lip and flash of the eye lashes they will take it out and rain , snow sun or shine ill be fishin . I dont care if I gotta drive 150 miles Im goin fishin . Im in with drawl . I feel like a ccrack head with out my fiox .

hustler
05-30-2010, 02:20 AM
Thats how it were for us...... Half a tank of gas in the tahoe tank....... we werent leaving without a few hits :) rain sleet snow or whatever else god had for us..... witch was a flat on the trailer when we pulled the boat when the snow really hit.... gotta love princess auto :)Thank jesus theres so much construction in alberta lake we topped her up with an air nailer compressor :)

hustler
05-30-2010, 02:22 AM
Thats not fog...... Thats snow on a troller :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/dragonfish1ca/Fishing/28641_421943063054_610968054_556256.jpg
Its not worth it if you dont have to fight for it...... Im not a newfie either looks like it maybe but im 100% albertian just married to one :)
And the catch and release guys...... It was outa the water for maybe 20 seconds.... and swam the second it got her back in the lake

lambski
05-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Was out today and the fishing was slow where I was. It snowed all day, windy and cold.

pipercub17
05-30-2010, 07:35 PM
i was out today got a few lil trout at the pond

baitfisher83
05-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Headed out to a secret spot today....landed a couple walleye and a small pike.....was quite cold and windy so the fish stopped biting after we were out for an hour or so...

mooseknuckle
05-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Was really hoping to at buffalo this weekend bit the weather was too bad for guy lacking all the proper gear. Turns out it was for the best I left the boat tied up all weekend and when I went to retrieve it no starty and I tried everything even booster cables so after a rough time loading it up in bad weather and wind I got it home. So I was thinking battery right from the get go all though lights worked and the bildge pump and the trim I just had a feelin and my wife sister and brother in law all said " how could it be the battery if the other thongs work" well got it home and grabbed a fresh battery and bang started instantly. So I was happy. Better it happen at the dock then out on bad water I suppose. Plus I would have been more disappointed if the weather was really nice and the boat wouldn't work. So blah blah blah we had a fun time anyways dispite the nasty Rain and snow, hopefully the next outting will be nicer.

Dak1138
05-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Caught ten at chickakoo. It was a good day.

75ft Arborist
05-30-2010, 10:09 PM
Went to Pine Lake today. Caught around 20 eyes from 1-3 lb. And about 8-10 Pike, biggest being 71cm about 4 1/2 lbs. All were C&R :) Wore the Goretex and long johns, fingers were a little cold, but not a bad day!

dugh
05-31-2010, 09:25 AM
Was at Cold Lake. 4 lakers and 1 pike. Thursday evening not too bad weather wise, Friday windy but managed about 11 hours on the lake, difficult to steer with the kicker,Saturday was a short day as the wind and waves were big and impossible to steer with the kicker so we trolled with the big motor, we tried going out from the marina but turned around and trailered the boat to the Provincial Park, we stayed out about 4 hours, by the time we got to the launch some waves were going over the pier, got the boat loaded ( a little crooked and helped some guys with a beautiful new 21.5' Crestliner load), Sunday was a right-off, came home a day early. It was too sad because we talked to a local Saturday night that had seen us on the lake and said we were in the right area and gave us some advise we were anxious to try out Sunday. As usual the wife got 3, I got 1 and the pike, if we could have fished Sunday I think I could have out fished her maybe (it's one of my goals).
Doug

shayne
05-31-2010, 11:20 AM
We fished Slave Friday night, beautiful drive from Edmonton as was 6 when we left and 13 when we arrived. Caught our Eye limit had a few beers and went to bed. Saturday was a little cooler but limited out by noon so went bear hunting in the afternoon and evening as the rain blew in. I don't know why but black bears love hanging out in the rain! Sunday morning was %$#@& cold but had to get 'er done so hour and a half to limit again. Had a great weekend with wife and daughter and ate our fill of Eye and only brought 2 back with us, so if you do the math that's eaten 7 fish in 3 days, gotta love it!!! Fooled around with a new rig, running a spinning blade and beads above five of diamonds wiggler, worked great!

McDeth
05-31-2010, 06:19 PM
Caught a few decent walleye (all over 20") at Crawling Valley on Friday evening. The weather sucked and I ducked out pretty early though. I was just pitching jigs and shiners shallow along the windblown riprap.