PDA

View Full Version : Chickakoo

Dak1138
05-30-2010, 01:28 PM
I think made up for my skunky effort last week at Cardiff this morning.
I was a little worried driving there this morning as my car told me it was only one degree outside but it was a very warm one degree . Westing a toque,magic mitts, and a long sleeve shirt under my goodie did not hurt either.

Anyhow,after trying blue cheese on a bobber for 20 minutesfollowed by another ten minutes with powerbait, idecided to change things up and got my spinners and spoons ready.

First cast with a yellow dotted number one black fury spinner coated with berkly trout juice caught me my first fish of the day. My third fish today was a little one inch minnow or baby rainbow or something. I scewered that poor guy right through his little body .

Counting the little guy I caught a total of ten fish in about two hours. Two of them were brooks, I think the rest were bows. I left them in the water as long as I could and some of the squirmed away without me touching them. I did not plan on keeping any so that was no big deal to me .

Hopefully I have more days like this, but without the cold damp weather.

noslack
05-30-2010, 03:46 PM
I think made up for my skunky effort last week at Cardiff this morning.
I was a little worried driving there this morning as my car told me it was only one degree outside but it was a very warm one degree . Westing a toque,magic mitts, and a long sleeve shirt under my goodie did not hurt either.

Anyhow,after trying blue cheese on a bobber for 20 minutesfollowed by another ten minutes with powerbait, idecided to change things up and got my spinners and spoons ready.

First cast with a yellow dotted number one black fury spinner coated with berkly trout juice caught me my first fish of the day. My third fish today was a little one inch minnow or baby rainbow or something. I scewered that poor guy right through his little body .

Counting the little guy I caught a total of ten fish in about two hours. Two of them were brooks, I think the rest were bows. I left them in the water as long as I could and some of the squirmed away without me touching them. I did not plan on keeping any so that was no big deal to me .

Hopefully I have more days like this, but without the cold damp weather.

http://www.mywildalberta.com/Fishing/GameFish.aspx

that should help you with fish identification!!

nits101
05-30-2010, 05:17 PM
i was there today lots of little ones using a rig and white bait i had 5 in like 30 mins just after that the wind picked up and the rain started so picked up and headed home it was fun but would like to get a big one lol out of there

rapalaman
05-30-2010, 06:20 PM
how far of a drive from wetaskiwin or edmonton is this lake? and what spieces are in there?
thanks greg.l

buckmaster
05-30-2010, 06:44 PM
how far of a drive from wetaskiwin or edmonton is this lake? and what spieces are in there?
thanks greg.l

Its about 30 minutes west of edmonton.

Dak1138
05-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the link for the species identification . The reason I could not 100% identify all the fish was because I did not pick all of them up. If there wrre more than one species of trout in there i would have trouble identifying them
The little guy was coloured like a rainbow but I did not think I would find such a small one there. Is it possible that they dropped one off that small from the hatchery ?
If you are coming up from wetaskiwin you should plan a full day fishing the area. There are many lakes within half hour from spruce grove and stony plain.

Prouddad403
05-31-2010, 09:07 PM
Just curious if you guys are fishing from shore or boat? What sizes can one expect from Chickakoo...

nits101
05-31-2010, 11:09 PM
this spring i have only got little ones so far but i know there are monsters in there haha

Dak1138
05-31-2010, 11:29 PM
fishing from shore for me. And they were all this years stock.