PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in sundre??? Help me out???

tjohnson
05-31-2010, 09:52 PM
Hey guys I am working in Sundre for the next few weeks and i brought my gear but i have never fished this area before can someone let me know a couple good spots close to town and whgat is best to use there??? Please and thank u

outbackpat
06-01-2010, 05:05 AM
Beaver lake just west of caroline and then to the south if your fishing for bow's. Just down the road is burnstick if your after pike!

barbless
06-01-2010, 07:24 AM
You can try the Red Deer River if it's not too dirty right now. Just go west of Sundre about 9km to the coal camp road turn left and go about another 12km. until you reach the river which will be on your left side. It will be so close to the road if you step off the road you will fall in. Start there and walk the river. Little spoons & spinners. Fly fishing? Not sure what to use. Good luck. Some good size Browns have been pulled from this area. There is also the Clearwater north of Sundre on Hwy.22 about half way to Caroline. Check your reg's before you fish.

nicemustang
06-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Look at the stocking lakes report. Beaver, Birch, Fiesta all in the area. Burnstick for pike perch and walleye. MANY lakes in the area.