PDA

View Full Version : This makes me sick and I'm SOOOOOO tired of it.

Jack&7
06-01-2010, 11:25 AM
STE. ROSE DU LAC -- The fishing is amazing -- and illegal.

But that didn't stop scores of aborigin*als Wednesday from exercising what they say is their treaty right to fish.
Province pleased with efforts to protect fish

THE province says efforts to balance aborig*inal fishing rights with the need to protect the natural resources is working in the Dauphin Lake area.

Agriculture Minister Stan Struthers, MLA for Dauphin-Roblin, said prior to Wednes*day's "ceremonial fish" by aboriginal people on the Turtle River, an estimate of just 270 kilograms of fish had been harvested dur*ing the shutdown -- about a quarter of the amount taken last year.

"I'm really pleased that we've been able to protect that fish stock," Struthers said, noting spawning season is nearly finished for the year.

The province imposed the ban on pickerel fishing on the Turtle, Valley and Vermilion rivers on April 14. It has not indicated when it will be lifted. Fishers on other five other tributaries of Dauphin Lake were limited to a daily catch of six fish using a rod and reel.

Struthers said Wednesday the province had laid two charges for illegal fishing and issued 20 warnings during the ban.

Aboriginal anglers defied the province's ban on catching spawning pickerel on rivers that empty into Dauphin Lake, hauling in pails, buckets and tubs full of pickerel. Manitoba Conservation of*ficials did not show up to enforce the fishing ban, at least not between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.

Two youths from Skownan First Nation pulled in eight pickerel, all 0.9 to 1.3 kilograms each, in their first 15 minutes of casting on the Tur*tle River, which winds around Ste. Rose du Lac, about 265 kilometres northwest of Winnipeg, be*fore emptying into Dauphin Lake.

Morris Swan Shannacappo, Grand Chief of Southern Manitoba Chiefs, was spotted pulling in a plump one. "My first cast," he shouted.

"What kind of medicine are you using?" some*one shouted back.

Down the row of anglers casting from shore, it seemed someone was always pulling out a picker*el, also called walleye, during the morning fish.

You could see why. Upstream of a man-made riffle -- a kind of rapids built to help fish spawn -- at least 45 pickerel were visible at any one time in the clear, shallow water. The peaceful protest was held behind the religious grotto at Dollard Park in Ste. Rose.

A little farther away at the Ste. Rose bridge, also over the Turtle River, hundreds upon hun*dreds of pickerel could be seen spawning.

People lined up along the bridge to witness the amazing sight.

The pickerel seemed to cluster into an arrow, males following females who dropped their eggs for the males to fertilize. Only one aboriginal man was fishing at that location, using a snare -- a circle of wire attached to a long stick the fish swim into -- with great success.

Manitoba Conservation has banned all fishing on the Turtle, Valley and Vermillion rivers here since April 14, until the completion of spawning. In its place, and to accommodate the aboriginal treaty right to fish for sustenance, Manitoba Con*servation has been handing out six frozen pick*erel to every aboriginal person who shows up at the rivers.

The province ran the program last year for the first time, handing out nearly 5,000 kilograms of pickerel at a cost of $50,000, and it kept most ab*original people from fishing those rivers during the week to two-week spawning season.

However, the truck with the freezer of fish pur*chased from the Manitoba Freshwater Fish Mar*keting Board was not at the site Wednesday, at least not between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.

"It's like the welfare system once again," said Thomas Nepinak, West Region Tribal Council re*sources adviser, and one of the key organizers of Wednesday's event.

More than 100 aboriginal people showed up for the protest, but only 30 to 40 people fished. Nepin*ak said the turnout shows people are concerned about the erosion of their treaty rights. First Na*tion people have already made concessions to help fish populations by putting away their nets, he said.

Many aboriginal people fish at this time of year because they cannot compete during regular fishing season, he maintained. "The aboriginal is poor. He cannot afford a boat and motor. This is our time of the year when we can fish. Eighty-five per cent of us are unemployed," Nepinak said.

Gilbert Sinclair of Ebb and Flow First Nation was charged by Manitoba Conservation earlier in the week for fishing during the ban.

That didn't stop him from fishing Wednesday. He held up his citation in one hand and two fish he'd caught Wednesday morning in the other.

The ban is "B.S.," he said. "I'm exercising my treaty rights." Sinclair said he has caught "about 30" pickerel since spawning started about a week ago.

First Nations are still fighting tickets issued to two other aboriginal fishermen last year. The cases are expected to come up in court in the next few weeks.

Joe O'Connor, director of the provincial fish*eries branch, said the ban was implemented be*cause studies show the stock of upcoming finger*ling fish is drastically depleted. Sport anglers have also had their limit reduced from six fish per day, down to four.

bill.redekop@freepress.mb.ca

Source: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/Aboriginals-snub-provinces-fishing-ban--91810719.html
Yes I realize this is happening in Manitoba (my province of origin), but it speaks to a larger issue.:sign0176:

When are the native people going to realize that fish and wildlife populations are down EVERYWHERE and that affects EVERYONE?

What good are your "treaty rights" going to be when there will be nothing left to hunt or fish?

When are our governments going to grow a pair and punish those that hide their greed behind a card? Why did Manitoba Conservation not enforce the ban?

Does anyone believe Mr. Nepinak's "poor aboriginal" explanation? How much longer will that type of rhetoric be acceptable? That comment was nothing short of embarassing...

Would it have killed the group of people in this story to have waited until the spawning season was done? The rest of us do...

Why is a program necessary to try to convince the aboriginals not to fish during the spawn? Can they not see how much damage their actions are doing? Or do they just not care?

How long will it be before someone posts on here that I am a "racist" for posting this? If you can point out one derogatory statement I have made against someone's racial heritage, I welcome it. I have merely posed some important questions that affect all of us, regardless of your background. And these questions and this situation demand answers!

How long will it be before the mods take this thread down for fear of offending someone? One should never be afraid to publicly debate issues that, if ignored out of fear, will have dire consequences.

I welcome the discussion to follow. If you can contribute some meaningful, well thought-out points to this....great. If you would like to turn this into a Grade 6 level mud slinging match, please don't waste your time...or anyone else's time.

If you are of native descent, please weigh in on this. Defend why this situation is "right" in your mind and why it should continue (or not). Or are you ashamed of what these people have done? Because IMHO, you should be. The same way I am when someone....ANYONE...exploits natural resources just for the sake of making a point.

Jack&7
06-01-2010, 11:26 AM
I don't know why asterisks keep showing up in the copied news story...

Jaanders
06-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Wow. Great story. This is a big problem with fishing and hunting in this country. I have no problem with there rights, but the laws need to be followed as well. When any animal is in trouble, the governent has the right to step in to take all precautions for its survival. If its fish they want then why cant they catch and freeze some before spawn starts. I have no problem with there right, but times have changed in the last 100 years. We no longer have this huge suplus of animals. The hunting thing absolutely blows my mind. Take what you want when you want. How many animals do they need. Why can't they all get x amount of tags, and thats it. While hunting near Rocky, I came upon a vehicle parked on gravel road. As I drove past, a gun came out the window, and shot a deer out in the field. I was basically right beside the truck as they shot out the other side. I called CO with plate numbers etc. Never heard back for 3 weeks. I called them and they told me they could do nothing because they were natives. I was outraged to say the least. Its fine to shot off a road out your window. Total craziness. This whole system needs a serious revamp. I just want everyone to respect this great resource we have. It would be real sad if my grandchildren couldn't enjoy what I have. ps. I realize not all are like this. I appreciate EVERYONE who follows the law.

Fishingnutter
06-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Last year when the 8,000,000+ sockeye didn't return to the Fraser it was the native band that took the lead and then Cdn Fisheries followed suit on stopping the sockeye fishery. Up here on the Sunshine Coast it's not really us & them either and hatchery responsibilities are shared and everybody that I've met fishing put in their time for the fishery/hatchery/stewardship, mind you the Sechelt Nation is unique in Canadian aboriginal affairs. It really does come down to leadership within any community, if F&W started getting pushy, then push comes to shove and then you get the,

"..well watch this attitude!" and 1200 lbs or more walleye would be harvested.

In 2008 it was the Native Band on North Vancouver who called a stop to the fishery citing poor numbers.

We're getting there.

Out here we've more to worry about in our leaders and their due disrespect for Supreme Court of Canada rulings on fish farms. That's another rant altogether.

Gary K
06-01-2010, 03:00 PM
That article really bothers me. I was out on the whitemouth river at rainbow falls as I used to jump off it as a kid. Went to check things out... Signs all over saying how the waters are closed to angeling due to spawning I was watching the pickeral swim all over beneath the falls when a male of aboriginal decent tossed a weighted casting net, ntting about 15. I had a few words he through em still flopping in the net in the back of his truck. I reported him but have ears nothing since (this was Friday). Makes me mad and really should stop

KyleM
06-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Iam not Native but I have a few friends that are. They dont poach, they purchase a fishing lic eventhough its not required. Many do and lots do more than you and I to help protect the fishing.

Do you know how many people poach? I wouldnt call these people Natives, I would call them poachers.

If there were a bunch of white Canadians poaching, would you say White Canadians were poaching? No, youd just simply call them poachers.

There are lots of Natives in a tough spot and it ticks me off that our society tends to stick them with the tag of poachers, drug addicts, and criminals.

Dude, hug an indian. They are wonderful people and they have one of the most interesting cultures in the world.

You know why these folks are poaching? Our gutless government is pathetic and allows it, ofcourse theyre going to do it!

Gary K
06-01-2010, 08:04 PM
I have nothing against natives either.... I was just stateing what I saw. I am friends with many also. And know lots that contribute to ducks unlimited and other conservation practices. There is execptions within any race. If it was a "white canadian" I would have stated that he was a caucasian male I would have stated that in this thred in this case. I was just contribiting to the story above. And if he was any other race I would have said so.

DarkAisling
06-01-2010, 08:12 PM
What a sad state of affairs :(

Back home (the Fraser Valley) the First Nations populations have a different outlook, and I have never seen any of the First Nations fishermen back home do anything I would consider unethical or offensive. In fact, I would say they often conduct themselves in a way that many of us could learn from. They have a profound respect for the resource; it is their way of life, and they want it to be their great-great-great grandchildren's way of life as well.

Gary K
06-01-2010, 10:29 PM

Back home (the Fraser Valley) the First Nations populations have a different outlook, and I have never seen any of the First Nations fishermen back home do anything I would consider unethical or offensive. In fact, I would say they often conduct themselves in a way that many of us could learn from. They have a profound respect for the resource; it is their way of life, and they want it to be their great-great-great grandchildren's way of life as well.

I agree with you, although I would say this is true to 80% of the first nations in manitobia they other twenty not so. But I would also say they same about the Hutterites, Menonites(such as myself) and really any other race/religion out there. Itseems it's usually 80% "good" and 20% "bad" if you will. There are bad apples in any group and those are the ones legal action should be taken against, not everyone should be lumped together...

fish-man
06-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Iam not Native but I have a few friends that are. They dont poach, they purchase a fishing lic eventhough its not required. Many do and lots do more than you and I to help protect the fishing.

Do you know how many people poach? I wouldnt call these people Natives, I would call them poachers.

If there were a bunch of white Canadians poaching, would you say White Canadians were poaching? No, youd just simply call them poachers.

There are lots of Natives in a tough spot and it ticks me off that our society tends to stick them with the tag of poachers, drug addicts, and criminals.

Dude, hug an indian. They are wonderful people and they have one of the most interesting cultures in the world.

You know why these folks are poaching? Our gutless government is pathetic and allows it, ofcourse theyre going to do it!

In this story, people are poaching BECAUSE they consider it their treaty right. That makes their aboriginal heritage newsworthy. In some other situations I'd probably agree with you.

KyleM
06-02-2010, 04:35 PM
I stand behind my post.

This has more to do with poachers.

Its big brother that has the issue here.

Okotokian
06-02-2010, 04:58 PM

Except when they have physical and violent confrontations with each other. Here is what transpired (from the aboriginal point of view) when non-native fishermen were told to get out of the way and didn't.

http://www.turtleisland.org/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6801

Fishingnutter
06-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Except when they have physical and violent confrontations with each other. Here is what transpired (from the aboriginal point of view) when non-native fishermen were told to get out of the way and didn't.

http://www.turtleisland.org/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6801

Sorry for going this route but "white guy in super boat shot Native guy in face and fled". If you look around other newspapers you'll find more info and to my knowledge the guy has yet to be caught. This is not an each-other, native to native confrontation. look up articles on Charlie too.

Jack&7
06-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Kyle...

I don't have any issue with the majority of your post but I do take exception to one comment you made:

If you read Mr. Nepinak's quote in the reported story, just who is sticking whom with the tags? I have seen and heard more than my fair share of so-called "leaders" of the Native community supporting the typical stereotypes when it benefits them (as in this case) but they raise hell when it doesn't. In my books, that makes you a hypocrite.

I don't doubt their are plenty of natives that are in a tough spot...there are plenty of non-natives that are in just as tough of a spot. But there comes a time when you have to take some ownership in your situation and stop the blame game for your lot in life. I need to rape and pillage a natural resource of limited supply because I'm poor and can't afford a boat and motor? Please...that was why I said his comment was embararassing.

I also know many natives and yes...there are plenty that are fine upstanding members of society that have worked hard for their accomplishments and rewards in life. Oddly enough, they can't stand when a native leader makes comments like Mr. Nepinak. It is a slap in the face to them...and I can understand why.

But ultimately, in my opinion, this story has nothing to do with race. You are correct...our government is too chicken-shyte to stand up to a group who blatantly defied the law in this case. And why did this group do that? Because they know that the govt. has capitulated and will continue to do so forever. There has to come a time when the people stand up and say, "Enough!" If we don't, you might as well put your guns and fishing rods up for sale on Ebay because they won't be of much use to you (or any of these greedy people) when there's nothing left.

fishnut9
06-02-2010, 05:32 PM
its 2010 people its time to move on. I say when the original native generation involved in signing these treaties are all gone the treaties should then be removed. Its time for this country to go forward and to stop dwelling in the past. What happened to the natives was horrible but i can give you 100 genocides within the last 20 years that still have not been dealt with. These perks are further segregating the native people. I mean come on its so unfair you can have an all native school and its ok. An all white or asian school is considered racist. Hmmm reverse racism anyone.

fishnut9
06-02-2010, 05:37 PM

Try being an asian immigrant. I had friends that used to pick up garbage for food and the government didnt even care. There is no excuse for anyone in this country to be on the streets. The ones on the streets are just too drunk or high to make it to the unemployment office.

Hooked07
06-02-2010, 06:43 PM
I mean come on its so unfair you can have an all native school and its ok. An all white or asian school is considered racist. Hmmm reverse racism anyone.

There's an all black school in Ontario, reverse racism?

Fishingnutter
06-02-2010, 07:19 PM

Many Vancouver condo complexes built in the mid-90's were Hong Kong only.

By the way, "Canadian" isn't a race, we're colonialists and treaties are rental/lease agreements.

KyleM
06-02-2010, 08:28 PM
In my books, that makes you a hypocrite

How does that make me a hyprocrite? Im confused.
Im not Native, I made no comments other than about the article and the situation.

Try being an asian immigrant. I had friends that used to pick up garbage for food and the government didnt even care. There is no excuse for anyone in this country to be on the streets. The ones on the streets are just too drunk or high to make it to the unemployment office.

I dont mind to sound like an arse wipe but why would the government care?
They dont care about Canadian born citizens so why would they give a rats behind about immigrants? They are more likely to get help from other homeless people.

I love Canada but our government is garbage....Ottawa is like a kids playground, bunch of idiots screaming and laughing at eachother while the rest of us pay our taxes and watch the country go to shat.

jinx
06-02-2010, 09:47 PM
its 2010 people its time to move on. I say when the original native generation involved in signing these treaties are all gone the treaties should then be removed. Its time for this country to go forward and to stop dwelling in the past. What happened to the natives was horrible but i can give you 100 genocides within the last 20 years that still have not been dealt with. These perks are further segregating the native people. I mean come on its so unfair you can have an all native school and its ok. An all white or asian school is considered racist. Hmmm reverse racism anyone.

Does this include the land leases are they just suppose to forget? 99 years is up... A lot of Edmonton is built on leased land
How about the babies (handicapped) they said died at birth but didn't. All the children (50% at one time) that died in Residential Schools. Genocides in Canada Yep it happened
The last Indian Residential School closed in 1974(?) there are generations that were not raised by parents that came out of these schools not being taught anything but how much they were worthless and the government treated them like dogs know a lot of them taught their children the same.....

Does STE. ROSE DU LAC have a food bank these people rely on?
Do they have contaminated water?
Do they have power?
Is there a lot of jobs in this region (do they hire native a lot of places surrounded by reserves don't)?
There are a few reserves with these problems But why waste the news on these stories.... No body cares that a lot of reserves can be compared to third world countries.
I didn't learn any of this in school they never taught us about the bad things the government did to these people. It is part of Canadian Heritage. It is in our backyards.
I am sure a decent resolution could have been made with the treaties and the government
i know i wouldn't want frozen fish off the back of a truck from someone that did all this to you............ would you?

fishnut9
06-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Does this include the land leases are they just suppose to forget? 99 years is up... A lot of Edmonton is built on leased land
How about the babies (handicapped) they said died at birth but didn't. All the children (50% at one time) that died in Residential Schools. Genocides in Canada Yep it happened
The last Indian Residential School closed in 1974(?) there are generations that were not raised by parents that came out of these schools not being taught anything but how much they were worthless and the government treated them like dogs know a lot of them taught their children the same.....

Do they have power?
Is there a lot of jobs in this region (do they hire native a lot of places surrounded by reserves don't)?
There are a few reserves with these problems But why waste the news on these stories.... No body cares that a lot of reserves can be compared to third world countries.
I didn't learn any of this in school they never taught us about the bad things the government did to these people. It is part of Canadian Heritage. It is in our backyards.
I am sure a decent resolution could have been made with the treaties and the government
i know i wouldn't want frozen fish off the back of a truck from someone that did all this to you............ would you?

LOl wow really the reason why these reserves are so bad is because they have idiots running them. They prevent the government from intervening in their events but the moment they need help they are the first to complain. You want to talk about past genocide try reading about what the japanese did to the chinese and filipinos. Are we getting money for that, i dont believe so. If you ever try to explain welfare to a fresh immigrant they will laugh at the concept of free money. You think canada has a bad government try going to china for a few years. Insult their leader and see what happens. They will shoot you in the head and charge your family for the bullet. Abuse is the result of warfare. Natives here should consider themselves lucky they were even given rights. Look what the colonists did to the united states. Over 20% of the natives there are extinct or endangered. I guess some people will always complain no matter what the luxury they have. Go ahead let them net the lakes non stop. They already made the horses extinct from canada why not let them kill the rest of the animals. I mean it is their land right. So whats your excuse for those teens that use being native for everything bad they do. I drink cause im indian, i do drugs cause im indian, i have 3 kids by the time im 18 cause im indian. Whats their excuses, i have come across many bad parents out there and their kids end up fine. Like i said if this country continues to dwell in the past then it will fail. Whine all you want but its true.

fishnut9
06-03-2010, 12:05 AM

Dont even get me started on the reverse racism for black people.

Fishingnutter
06-03-2010, 12:32 AM
LOl wow really the reason why these reserves are so bad is because they have idiots running them. They prevent the government from intervening in their events but the moment they need help they are the first to complain. You want to talk about past genocide try reading about what the japanese did to the chinese and filipinos. Are we getting money for that, i dont believe so. If you ever try to explain welfare to a fresh immigrant they will laugh at the concept of free money. You think canada has a bad government try going to china for a few years. Insult their leader and see what happens. They will shoot you in the head and charge your family for the bullet. Abuse is the result of warfare. Natives here should consider themselves lucky they were even given rights. Look what the colonists did to the united states. Over 20% of the natives there are extinct or endangered. I guess some people will always complain no matter what the luxury they have. Go ahead let them net the lakes non stop. They already made the horses extinct from canada why not let them kill the rest of the animals. I mean it is their land right. So whats your excuse for those teens that use being native for everything bad they do. I drink cause im indian, i do drugs cause im indian, i have 3 kids by the time im 18 cause im indian. Whats their excuses, i have come across many bad parents out there and their kids end up fine. Like i said if this country continues to dwell in the past then it will fail. Whine all you want but its true.

This is not China, your point/rant is irrelevant to the thread. However, Japan neither rules the Philipines nor China, though I think the Philipines teeters on being a nation similar to Puerto Rico, an American Annex.

Natives have been fishing and hunting for, oh I don't know but well earlier than the Ming Dynasty, modern sport angling isn't as old as, I don't know, Google it. The history of Canada and the US in regard to Native land is extremely diametrically opposed, so comparissons in managing relations is very different.

Lucky to be given rights, eeesh, *****ly statement, won't go there. Anyways, please don't run for any type of political party, please don't,,, thanks.

Fishingnutter
06-03-2010, 12:48 AM

Do they have power?

I met a Woman named Mary Two Matresses up Vancouver Island. Her name is this because the fine christian schools needed to eradicate culture, so start with a name-as a joke of native names-picked from an eatons catalogue. The last residential school is 1982. There are horrors across the nation and for a culture pummeled for quite a few generations, I think we've been getting along pretty good. Oka may be brought up, sad story/chapter,, mayor wants to upgrade a golf course hole to a par 5, stand off ensues, people die, natives deemed renegades. ****e, wasn't this thread about a 4 hour fish cull during a walleye spawn?

fishnut9
06-03-2010, 01:17 AM
This is not China, your point/rant is irrelevant to the thread. However, Japan neither rules the Philipines nor China, though I think the Philipines teeters on being a nation similar to Puerto Rico, an American Annex.

Natives have been fishing and hunting for, oh I don't know but well earlier than the Ming Dynasty, modern sport angling isn't as old as, I don't know, Google it. The history of Canada and the US in regard to Native land is extremely diametrically opposed, so comparissons in managing relations is very different.

Lucky to be given rights, eeesh, *****ly statement, won't go there. Anyways, please don't run for any type of political party, please don't,,, thanks.

Thats right its not china so stop friggin whining about the past and be glad that you arent being executed for protesting. It can be alot worse. tell me where else in the world has a country been taken over by europeans then its natives given these perks. NOWHERE! It doesnt matter how long they have been hunting in these lands. some groups have also been practicing sacrifice for years and is that allowed. Native tribes used to attack eachother and use their prisoners as slaves is that allowed. Just because its been going on for years it doesnt mean its right. Tell me something do some research and compare the amount of asians on welfare to the amount of natives on welfare. There is a big difference. My rant is relevant because its all the same thing. Why should i pay for something that someone elses ancestors did. The moment they have to follow a rule its always " thats the white mans rule we dont have to follow it". Im buddhist so should i be allowed to say " thats not buddhas rule" everytime i dont agree with it and continue to do illegal activities. Im sorry to be insensitive but having lost my uncle in the tianamen square incident, its hard to support people complaining about such a great country like canada. It can be much worse people, much worse. Unfortunately many of you will never know how good you have it in this country and you will continue to take it for granted. Incase youre wondering i half chinese and half filipino. Also while youre doing research do some research on how the canadians and american treated the chinese when they were making the railroad. How about the japanese who were sent to camps during ww2 and deported. No one talks about this anymore do they

Fishingnutter
06-03-2010, 02:52 AM
Thats right its not china so stop friggin whining about the past and be glad that you arent being executed for protesting. It can be alot worse. tell me where else in the world has a country been taken over by europeans then its natives given these perks. NOWHERE! It doesnt matter how long they have been hunting in these lands. some groups have also been practicing sacrifice for years and is that allowed. Native tribes used to attack eachother and use their prisoners as slaves is that allowed. Just because its been going on for years it doesnt mean its right. Tell me something do some research and compare the amount of asians on welfare to the amount of natives on welfare. There is a big difference. My rant is relevant because its all the same thing. Why should i pay for something that someone elses ancestors did. The moment they have to follow a rule its always " thats the white mans rule we dont have to follow it". Im buddhist so should i be allowed to say " thats not buddhas rule" everytime i dont agree with it and continue to do illegal activities. Im sorry to be insensitive but having lost my uncle in the tianamen square incident, its hard to support people complaining about such a great country like canada. It can be much worse people, much worse. Unfortunately many of you will never know how good you have it in this country and you will continue to take it for granted. Incase youre wondering i half chinese and half filipino. Also while youre doing research do some research on how the canadians and american treated the chinese when they were making the railroad. How about the japanese who were sent to camps during ww2 and deported. No one talks about this anymore do they

I actually don't need to do any research,, I learned about internment camps in school as I did about the Chinese and the Railway, in fact it's discussed and mourned quite frequently in the Asian/Canadian communities,,, you do need to stop glomming US and Canadian policy/history as one though. I'm not sure about the asian vs native welfare claims I'm sure there are stats out there, and if you find yourself in a pickle well you can add to that stat, it is your right as a Canadian. If I take your rhetoric and bandwagon along, I could say that the Asian community undermines the Canadian economy by setting up sweatshops, brings in prostitutes via snakeheads in container vessels (which all the people are guaranteed housing, food and welfare), and import the largest amount of Heroin for the largest open air market and keeps the longest skid row in North America thriving, and continue to harvest crab of anysize to fulfill the demand of fishbrine, and harvest bear galbladder for aphrodisiac,, but I know this is true to a very miniscule fraction of the asian population and don't regard my immediate neighbours as the Triad, poachers, pimps, slave traders, et al.

I need to ask you something, do you realise you are complaining about Canada?

Those perks you state that the natives got came with a massive price tag and the past isn't that long ago.

Also, I know I have it very good and better, living in Canada is akin to winning the lotto. I can buy a fishing license for $20 and harvest more salmon than I can eat a year and that's within possession. When I hunted, I could take a moose that could feed a family of 3 for a year and a half for a
1/1000th the cost of safeway "meat" if you can call it that. I also know that I live in a very very large country with a government that fails and succeeds, the former more than the latter as of late, and I know that I can leave my house unlocked for days on end, and I'm not afraid of the Police, and there aren't missiles flying over my house, and if I get off my arse and take a Bowhunting course I may get a tag to cull an Elk next year, and I can experience (at the drop of the hat) one of the most pristine countrysides in the WORLD, actually right outside my door plus 100 yards is the Sothernmost end of Howe Sound and a 5 minute walk and I'm casting my line and come August there will be salmon on my line and on my BBQ.

troller
06-03-2010, 05:59 AM
What happened to the natives was horrible but i can give you 100 genocides within the last 20 years that still have not been dealt with.

I'm a huge history/war buff so I will bite on this one. Please give me a list of, heck even 50 genocides that have happened since 1990.

http://www3.telus.net/public/lswain1/Smilies/popc1.gif

fishnut9
06-03-2010, 05:59 AM
I actually don't need to do any research,, I learned about internment camps in school as I did about the Chinese and the Railway, in fact it's discussed and mourned quite frequently in the Asian/Canadian communities,,, you do need to stop glomming US and Canadian policy/history as one though. I'm not sure about the asian vs native welfare claims I'm sure there are stats out there, and if you find yourself in a pickle well you can add to that stat, it is your right as a Canadian. If I take your rhetoric and bandwagon along, I could say that the Asian community undermines the Canadian economy by setting up sweatshops, brings in prostitutes via snakeheads in container vessels (which all the people are guaranteed housing, food and welfare), and import the largest amount of Heroin for the largest open air market and keeps the longest skid row in North America thriving, and continue to harvest crab of anysize to fulfill the demand of fishbrine, and harvest bear galbladder for aphrodisiac,, but I know this is true to a very miniscule fraction of the asian population and don't regard my immediate neighbours as the Triad, poachers, pimps, slave traders, et al.

I need to ask you something, do you realise you are complaining about Canada?

Those perks you state that the natives got came with a massive price tag and the past isn't that long ago.

Also, I know I have it very good and better, living in Canada is akin to winning the lotto. I can buy a fishing license for $20 and harvest more salmon than I can eat a year and that's within possession. When I hunted, I could take a moose that could feed a family of 3 for a year and a half for a
1/1000th the cost of safeway "meat" if you can call it that. I also know that I live in a very very large country with a government that fails and succeeds, the former more than the latter as of late, and I know that I can leave my house unlocked for days on end, and I'm not afraid of the Police, and there aren't missiles flying over my house, and if I get off my arse and take a Bowhunting course I may get a tag to cull an Elk next year, and I can experience (at the drop of the hat) one of the most pristine countrysides in the WORLD, actually right outside my door plus 100 yards is the Sothernmost end of Howe Sound and a 5 minute walk and I'm casting my line and come August there will be salmon on my line and on my BBQ.

Lol you are very right asians who do those things are despicable. I know not all natives are freeloading drunks who make up a majority of prostitutes here in northern parts of the provinces. I know that not all of them are leaders who allow molestation of their children then stop the government from giving that child a better home. I know that although natives make up only 3% percent of canadas population but they are 20% of the prison population, not all of them are criminals. Not all of them over fish, over hunt animals. I also know that not all of them create a new gang every couple of months because they are too uneducated to man up and be responsible. I know they arent all like that. Infact my best man for my wedding is native and he hates it when his people fulfill a stereotype.By the way dont say asians because its the broddest term you could say. Thats like me comparing every caucasian with europeans. By the way my parents came to canada with 5 children with 100 bucks in their pockets.Not once did they ever apply for welfare. My dads degree is science wasnt worth anything here so he had to go back to university. My mom is now a general practitioner. If a couple FOBs that had trouble speaking english make it on their own with 5 kids. Then a native with FREE EDUCATION and a couple grand monthly from the government can easily make something of themselves. The problem is people like you my friend allow the stereotypical natives to live a bad life because of the perks the government gives them. so what youre saying is that even 200 years from now the natives should still have all these perks. When will it stop tell me that or are the stereotypical natives going to continue sucking on canadas teet.

fishnut9
06-03-2010, 06:15 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Canada click on that link and tell me where most of the crimes are being committed. Notice its the northern territories. Now what is the majority ethnic majority of those territories. Looks like its not the white man thats causing the trouble huh? Sorry guys i know you like to blame that white man for everything going bad but you just cant. Just really think about it if the settlers didnt come to canada then some other group of people would have. And they probably wouldnt have been as nice. Imagine if it was my people the chinese. Lol let me tell you how much worse it could have been. Tianamen square x1billion.

fishnut9
06-03-2010, 06:33 AM
I'm a huge history/war buff so I will bite on this one. Please give me a list of, heck even 50 genocides that have happened since 1990.

http://www3.telus.net/public/lswain1/Smilies/popc1.gif

Well someone obviously doesnt know what an overexaggeration is. Sorry your right twenty years is a little small Lets try making it the same length natives have been complaining for. Well rawanda, china vs tibet, congo, sierra leonne, although out of the time frame try holocaust, bosnian war, genocide in darfur, the massive killings in china still going on, saddam killing hundreds of thousand of iraqis, pakistan, vietnam, cambodia,nanking, russia during stalin, columbia (not a genocide but many civilians killed), aminean genocide, the current one in kenya, . thats all i can think of. And these are genocides intended to kill others. Im not even counting death caused by government not caring. The people killed under general mao himself more than doubles that of hitler.

KyleM
06-03-2010, 06:49 AM
Hey, incase you missed this...we're in Canada.
We try and better ourselves here and learn from our mistakes which is why the Native issue needs to be seriously looked at.

This is why Canada is so great, we care.

What your talking about is going on overseas, this thread is about a Canadian issue that MYSELF as a citizen has an opinion on.

If we all had your opinion, this wouldnt be Canada. Someone would get shot in the streets and most people would say "whocares, it happens overseas all the time" We value life here and the problems we created will be the problems we solve so that most of us can live in some sort of harmony.

Im not sure what your Grandparents fought for overseas but mine both fought for freedom and a better way of life over here. Im kinda tired of hearing about what goes on in China when this is a Canadian issue.

fishnut9
06-03-2010, 07:00 AM
Hey, incase you missed this...we're in Canada.
We try and better ourselves here and learn from our mistakes which is why the Native issue needs to be seriously looked at.

This is why Canada is so great, we care.

What your talking about is going on overseas, this thread is about a Canadian issue that MYSELF as a citizen has an opinion on.

If we all had your opinion, this wouldnt be Canada. Someone would get shot in the streets and most people would say "whocares, it happens overseas all the time" We value life here and the problems we created will be the problems we solve so that most of us can live in some sort of harmony.

Im not sure what your Grandparents fought for overseas but mine both fought for freedom and a better way of life over here. Im kinda tired of hearing about what goes on in China when this is a Canadian issue.

Yes thats right we do have to better ourselves and to do that we must think before we act musnt we. Well if we continue to provide free money and free education to people it makes them lazy does it not. If you give an alcoholic money what the hell do you think he will spend it on. How can you people sit there and tell me that this is canada. You talk about freedom and equal treatment yet you dont treat people equally. Giving natives these perks will not make things better. you know it and everyone knows this. You want harmony treat us all equally no matter what the cost. the government doesnt care if a refugee is deported to an execution so why should i care if a few people cant fish for 2 friggin months. Anyways im done im gonna stop before i say something really racist and get banned. Anyways my bottom line is if these treaties dont end by the im 80 (im 22) then canada will always be pushed around by unreasonable people using the same old racial crap they have been for years. Theres some advancement in our government for ya.

Okotokian
06-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Sorry for going this route but "white guy in super boat shot Native guy in face and fled". If you look around other newspapers you'll find more info and to my knowledge the guy has yet to be caught. This is not an each-other, native to native confrontation. look up articles on Charlie too.

I wasn't attributing blame to one side or the other, simply pointing out that it's not all peace and civility on the coast when it comes to fishing rights.

Braun
06-03-2010, 10:48 AM
OK alot of interesting points made here. for some reason this thread is a day old and i missed out on alot.

It is time to move on. It is very understandable when certain races like the aboriginals, blacks, and asians are upset with things that have happened over the course of history. Alot of stupid people were given alot of power and they did stupid things with that power. We are a civilized world now. Its hard enough to pass a law now because for every suggestion there are at least 5 opinions as why it is a stupid idea. Everything is in the public eye. I have respect for these races but it is time to move on. Nobody should recieve special rights. Laws are put in place to police society so we dont have idiots running around like we did in the past doing as they please and ruining things for other people. So as corny as it sounds the best way to approach it is "the greater good arguement". laws are put in place to protect things for "the greater good" so when there is a fishing ban for a fish that should mean for all races because clearly there is a reason for a ban. And to be honest i am sick of people hiding behind rights or history. There are drunks, rapists, druggies, homeless, murders and poachers in every race. so why are we supposed to go out of our way to make acceptions for those of aboriginal decent.

Someone made the argument defending the natives in this article and then said "we shouldn't call these people aboriginals because there are more races than just the aboriginals, they should be called poachers". well then treat them all as such, regardless of race, and fine them and jail them.

For those who ever use race to hide behind something all your doing is trying to win exceptions to the law because you are either lazy or have no respect. If you give people an option they will always choose one that benifits themselves. If you give natives the right to poach they will take it. Just like if you give a child the option to stay up late instead of going to bed they will take it. Bans should carry across all races.

tacklerunner
06-03-2010, 11:15 AM
OK alot of interesting points made here. for some reason this thread is a day old and i missed out on alot.

It is time to move on. It is very understandable when certain races like the aboriginals, blacks, and asians are upset with things that have happened over the course of history. Alot of stupid people were given alot of power and they did stupid things with that power. We are a civilized world now. Its hard enough to pass a law now because for every suggestion there are at least 5 opinions as why it is a stupid idea. Everything is in the public eye. I have respect for these races but it is time to move on. Nobody should recieve special rights. Laws are put in place to police society so we dont have idiots running around like we did in the past doing as they please and ruining things for other people. So as corny as it sounds the best way to approach it is "the greater good arguement". laws are put in place to protect things for "the greater good" so when there is a fishing ban for a fish that should mean for all races because clearly there is a reason for a ban. And to be honest i am sick of people hiding behind rights or history. There are drunks, rapists, druggies, homeless, murders and poachers in every race. so why are we supposed to go out of our way to make acceptions for those of aboriginal decent.

Someone made the argument defending the natives in this article and then said "we shouldn't call these people aboriginals because there are more races than just the aboriginals, they should be called poachers". well then treat them all as such, regardless of race, and fine them and jail them.

For those who ever use race to hide behind something all your doing is trying to win exceptions to the law because you are either lazy or have no respect. If you give people an option they will always choose one that benifits themselves. If you give natives the right to poach they will take it. Just like if you give a child the option to stay up late instead of going to bed they will take it. Bans should carry across all races.

x2. All of our decendents went through hell to become Canadians and some countries still are. But when we became Canadian, we became CANADIAN. In Canada equal rights for all people is "the rule". There's bad apples in every group. I don't use the word "race" because it's superficial and refers to colour or religion or beliefs; irrelevant. A Canadian is supposed to be CANADIAN! Therefore, penalties, laws, rules should apply to ALL Canadians equally. The subject of this thread is about a group taking advantage of special treatment and this is a FISHING FORUM. The results are twofold:

1. They are depleting our resources.
2. In addition, there is no income stream coming from them to the Government as a result of this action via licences or fines and in fact there are further tax breaks for this group of individuals.

If I'm running a business like the Government runs the economy, this would raise a red flag. It's a self defeating prophecy for the Government and as the saying goes, they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Children and seniors get the breaks and if we all want to be treated as equals, then we must contribute equally to maintain the resource we all commonly care about; fishing!

Fishingnutter
06-03-2010, 12:04 PM
I wasn't attributing blame to one side or the other, simply pointing out that it's not all peace and civility on the coast when it comes to fishing rights.

I know, but this is pretty cool and it was spearheaded by the fellow shot in the face. I also think the news does the old "need a story" routine and leaves out a lot of details especially of resolve. It's almost good that this particular fellow was shot, that incident could've seriously gone wrong had it been someone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbyYW9cerxA

Though the next time I fish the Bow, I'm not going to wade out the way of a guided boat that could see me for the better part of a kilometer.

bessiedog
06-03-2010, 12:10 PM
We don;t believe in just equality. Its not that simple.

Canada believes in equality and equity (look up please and apply to the conversation).

On another note... we're big on the concept of RULE oF LAW. Treaty rights = negotiated contract with no time expiry date. Rip up contract = bye bye rule of law.

You choose what you want to do.

make sure you get why equity enters into this converstion b4 the spouting begins.

Fishingnutter
06-03-2010, 12:22 PM
x2. All of our decendents went through hell to become Canadians and some countries still are. But when we became Canadian, we became CANADIAN. In Canada equal rights for all people is "the rule". There's bad apples in every group. I don't use the word "race" because it's superficial and refers to colour or religion or beliefs; irrelevant. A Canadian is supposed to be CANADIAN! Therefore, penalties, laws, rules should apply to ALL Canadians equally. The subject of this thread is about a group taking advantage of special treatment and this is a FISHING FORUM. The results are twofold:

1. They are depleting our resources.
2. In addition, there is no income stream coming from them to the Government as a result of this action via licences or fines and in fact there are further tax breaks for this group of individuals.

If I'm running a business like the Government runs the economy, this would raise a red flag. It's a self defeating prophecy for the Government and as the saying goes, they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Children and seniors get the breaks and if we all want to be treated as equals, then we must contribute equally to maintain the resource we all commonly care about; fishing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbyYW9cerxA

fishnut9
06-03-2010, 12:31 PM
We don;t believe in just equality. Its not that simple.

Canada believes in equality and equity (look up please and apply to the conversation).

On another note... we're big on the concept of RULE oF LAW. Treaty rights = negotiated contract with no time expiry date. Rip up contract = bye bye rule of law.

You choose what you want to do.

make sure you get why equity enters into this converstion b4 the spouting begins.
Try and sit there trying to justify this whole thing but there is a reason why these treaties were meant to last forever. Its because everyone knew that the treaties would be outdated. tell me what will you do when the native populatiion grows and there is not enough land for them. What will you do when eventually everyone has a little native blood in them and they are all applying for special treatment. These treaties will be the downfall of canada. ALso natives having been choosing what they want to do for years. Its time for these people to follow the rules like the rest of us and stop whining about something that happened over 20 years ago. Yes we must remember our past mistakes but sitting there and constantly using it over everyones head is childish. If over 100 years from now natives still havent adapted to modern life then maybe they just arent meant to be in modern society. The filipinos and chinese are thriving in canada and are keeping their culture as well as adapting to the canadian culture. Its not the europeans, asians, blacks or mexicans fault that these people cant adapt. No more special treatment you want equality then give us equality or people will always consider natives as freeloading leeches.

overkill 19
06-03-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm a true believer in the saying...equal rights for everyone...special treatment for NO-ONE

fishnut9
06-03-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm a true believer in the saying...equal rights for everyone...special treatment for NO-ONE

just watch soon natives will be protesting for lighter sentences for their crimes because of what happened.

bessiedog
06-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Should not be provided extra resources (ramps for acces... whatever) Its unequal treatment.... ergo... a no no to you.

Try equity.... look it up.

Same with 'retarded kids' let them lie in the ditch... don;t give them extra anything, the ravens'll get them.

Yes, this does apply to this argument.

Look at the other angles-factors.

fishnut9
06-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Should not be provided extra resources (ramps for acces... whatever) Its unequal treatment.... ergo... a no no to you.

Same with 'retarded kids' let them lie in the ditch... don;t give them extra anything, the ravens'll get them.

Now everyone with common sense knows this is a different situation. You are being a smarta**. First of all this shows your ignorance by calling them retarded. Mentally challenged kids cant help theyre problem. Physically disabled cant help being disabled. I have a disabled friend and CANT WORK but her gets a couple hundred from aish thats reasonable. But you are saying a fully able person who chooses to be an alcoholic, choosing to be a leech should be put the same category as disabled people. If that is your logic then you should really set up and picket fence and start netting fish.

fishnut9
06-03-2010, 12:50 PM

Try common sense

Fishingnutter
06-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Try and sit there trying to justify this whole thing but there is a reason why these treaties were meant to last forever. Its because everyone knew that the treaties would be outdated. tell me what will you do when the native populatiion grows and there is not enough land for them. What will you do when eventually everyone has a little native blood in them and they are all applying for special treatment. These treaties will be the downfall of canada. ALso natives having been choosing what they want to do for years. Its time for these people to follow the rules like the rest of us and stop whining about something that happened over 20 years ago. Yes we must remember our past mistakes but sitting there and constantly using it over everyones head is childish. If over 100 years from now natives still havent adapted to modern life then maybe they just arent meant to be in modern society. The filipinos and chinese are thriving in canada and are keeping their culture as well as adapting to the canadian culture. Its not the europeans, asians, blacks or mexicans fault that these people cant adapt. No more special treatment you want equality then give us equality or people will always consider natives as freeloading leeches.

Adolf is that you?

Please take a course in Aboriginal Affairs, there are books too. Actually start with the Huron then MacCleod/NWMP, and work your way around. While your there, look into the undermining of treaty rights to exploit, oh let's say your home.

It's scary knowing that your opinion is firmly set at 22, I need to know; where you are getting your education? There is an air of "eradicate" in your language, but please continue.

fishnut9
06-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Adolf is that you?

Please take a course in Aboriginal Affairs, there are books too. Actually start with the Huron then MacCleod/NWMP, and work your way around. While your there, look into the undermining of treaty rights to sustain, oh let's say an oil industry, or a hydro electric project.

It's scary knowing that your opinion is firmly set at 22, I need to know; where you are getting your education? There is an air of "eradicate" in your language, but please continue.

hmm where is my education is coming from. Well because my parents couldnt afford post secondary education for all their kids i gave up my schooling to help pay for my siblings so they can be successful in life. This is very common in the immigrant community. One (usually the boys) have to sacrifice their future to help their siblings. While my friend has free education and he still manages to ef up his life with a couple 26s daily. So yeah excuse me for being ticked off but why give people special treatment if they just abuse it. Im not saying they should be all killed. Im saying its time for them to take care of themselves. Ill take a course in aboriginal affairs if you take a course in current events in china and the past 100 years in the philippines. Then when you are done try and tell me that the natives deserve my sympathy. i come from prince george where all these perks are all to common. All aboriginal buses, free taxies for natives, free education, and so on. But for some reason a large majority of the people running homeless, joining gangs and causing trouble are natives. SOrry but if it walks like a duck.

Braun
06-03-2010, 01:03 PM
im not saying strip all special rights from everyone. as society evolves so must the laws that bind us. look at how the world has evolved for equality for women. that is definately a change for the good. changing some of the laws for aboriginals would be good not only for us but for them as well. fishing bans are set in place to support population to ensure their existence for them to fish in the future as well as for us. Im not saying that we need to strip all rights but things need to change in some form.

fishnut9
06-03-2010, 01:06 PM
im not saying strip all special rights from everyone. as society evolves so must the laws that bind us. look at how the world has evolved for equality for women. that is definately a change for the good. changing some of the laws for aboriginals would be good not only for us but for them as well. fishing bans are set in place to support population to ensure their existence for them to fish in the future as well as for us. Im not saying that we need to strip all rights but things need to change in some form.

yes thats exactly what i have been saying. As the country evolve so must the laws. If it didnt i still would be able to beat my wife, slap my kids around, women wont be able to vote and canada would still be a cluster of colonies.

Fishingnutter
06-03-2010, 01:08 PM
hmm where is my education is coming from. Well because my parents couldnt afford post secondary education for all their kids i gave up my schooling to help pay for my siblings so they can be successful in life. While my friend has free education and he still manages to ef up his life with a couple 26s daily. So yeah excuse me for being ticked off but why give people special treatment if they just abuse it. Im not saying they should be all killed. Im saying its time for them to take care of themselves. Ill take a course in aboriginal affairs if you take a course in current events in china and the past 100 years in the philippines. Then when you are done try and tell me that the natives deserve my sympathy. i come from prince george where all these perks are all to common. All aboriginal buses, free taxies for natives, free education, and so on. But for some reason a large majority of the people running homeless, joining gangs and causing trouble are natives. SOrry but if it walks like a duck.

After all this, it comes down to the actions of 1 person, your friend. You need to talk about this to your friend. Look into a student loan, pick any direction you want and go for it. As for your siblings, they can either go for a loan or work to put themself through school. Your bitterness stems from your sacrifice. There's a pretty good chance that your siblings are going to frat parties and quaffing mucho beero's or binging on 26'ers too, it's common.

I have already finished my education and am quite aware of Asia and current affairs. As for Prince George, it's in a sad economic standing and I hear the Hells Angels have a booming business going. I refuse to balance atrocities of one part of the world to another it's not a score card that justifies a bigger boot to the head.

What's walking like a duck? I missed something.

igorot
06-03-2010, 01:44 PM
course in current events in china and the past 100 years in the philippines. .

You have some valid points but It is not right to single out race, ethnicity or whatever you call it.

:sHa_sarcasticlol:

unclebuck
06-03-2010, 02:02 PM
If the mooniow would cut off the sooniow, neeshtow might have to LEARN how to work. Enough said!!!!!

bessiedog
06-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Common sense.... yes, we should try it.

again... equity my boy... If yer going to employ it, ya gotta be consistent. You are not.

Do you understnd rule of law? And contract law?

If laws are going to evolve (and they do), we'd evolve them. Instead of 'pure equality' we are going for equity democracy (majority rule, but respect the minorities).... You are one of many racists that pop up here from time to time.
You barf up all the annecdotes from your 'vast knowledge' to promote your point......

Annecdotes aren't worth squat! for the most part. They just make you 'sound and fury' real well.

Canadian society (read we, th voters) have dealt with this 'native inequality issue' lots:

- 68 white paper policy.... Trudeau posed it... it got rejected.
- 82 Charter of Rights and Freedoms -- we approved it!
We've looked at expanding naitive political rights (88 Meech, and 94 Charl referendum... the fell flat).

Oue society has dealt with it lots in the past while, and your in the 'ranty crazy minority'......

You should move to the States...... os Caroline :rolleye2:

do I smell an Aryan troll here???

Hooked07
06-03-2010, 03:03 PM
If the mooniow would cut off the sooniow, neeshtow might have to LEARN how to work. Enough said!!!!!

Now I was getting pretty upset at the young native hater here but this, this just made me laugh my ass off! :kap:

Albertadiver
06-03-2010, 03:17 PM
do I smell an Aryan troll here???

Well, that would be S.A.S, and he's been too much of a coward to offer any sort of explanation for himself since he was found out and called out here.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showpost.php?p=599623&postcount=45

He's still lurking around here, and likely on another screen name.

Anyhow... this sort of thread about native 'rights' shows up every month or so here. There's blatant abuse, and people are understandibly upset.

Don't see any solution any time soon, so instead of me getting all upset about it every month, I just tend to not participate in these threads. But in this case, had to post about the above noted utter coward.

Fishingnutter
06-03-2010, 03:22 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Canada click on that link and tell me where most of the crimes are being committed. Notice its the northern territories. Now what is the majority ethnic majority of those territories. Looks like its not the white man thats causing the trouble huh? Sorry guys i know you like to blame that white man for everything going bad but you just cant. Just really think about it if the settlers didnt come to canada then some other group of people would have. And they probably wouldnt have been as nice. Imagine if it was my people the chinese. Lol let me tell you how much worse it could have been. Tianamen square x1billion.

I missed this thread,,, and am now po'd,,, you mention that your Mother is a GP, please ask her how many of her clients are native.

The last sentence should not have started with LOL.

So what was the topic?

240kg of fish outs an exceedingly vicious new immigrant.

bradfuchs
06-03-2010, 03:42 PM
What do you think people of African American descent have gotten in the way of treatys? I have reason to believe that they were treated very inhumainly (to say the least) for a couple hundred years longer than those of aboriginal descent here in Canada...and the US for that matter. Slavery went on for a lot longer than the aboriginals were mistreated here in Canada, tell me fishingnutter, what did they get?

fishnut9
06-03-2010, 03:50 PM
What do you think people of African American descent have gotten in the way of treatys? I have reason to believe that they were treated very inhumainly (to say the least) for a couple hundred years longer than those of aboriginal descent here in Canada...and the US for that matter. Slavery went on for a lot longer than the aboriginals were mistreated here in Canada, tell me fishingnutter, what did they get?

ill answer for ya. They didnt get squat not even a penny. But the problem i have with the natives is that they dont help themselves. They never do it irritating how someone could be born in a great country like this with the ability to do anything and still manage to ef up their lives. and fishnutter my mom works in the emergency ward so a large majority of her patients are usually natives overdosing or alcohol poisoning. Lol that kinda back fired on ya didnt it.

fishnut9
06-03-2010, 03:54 PM
You have some valid points but It is not right to single out race, ethnicity or whatever you call it.

:sHa_sarcasticlol:

But it is ok to single out a race if it gives them 2 grand a month from my tax money right.

Fishingnutter
06-03-2010, 03:58 PM

Actually, if you read back a number of threads, I've made the point about not comparing Us & Canadian History/Policy.

So I take it you are part of, "Natives didn't get a boot to the head as hard as others and shouldn't have rights." Can anyone understand that we showed up, we did not bring the Natives here. I think Lincoln did an address called an emancipation thing or whatever.

... what did they get? I'll find a book online that expresses a pretty interesting evolution of Black History, written by a Black born in the late
1800's. But first, I must grab the rod and go do a little fishing, sun came out, rare lately.

Fishingnutter
06-03-2010, 04:02 PM
ill answer for ya. They didnt get squat not even a penny. But the problem i have with the natives is that they dont help themselves. They never do it irritating how someone could be born in a great country like this with the ability to do anything and still manage to ef up their lives. and fishnutter my mom works in the emergency ward so a large majority of her patients are usually natives overdosing or alcohol poisoning. Lol that kinda back fired on ya didnt it.

No, but she would have stats on other nastier inflictions,, ask her and then take a slow boat back to china and deal with your ef'd up life.

fishnut9
06-03-2010, 04:04 PM
After all this, it comes down to the actions of 1 person, your friend. You need to talk about this to your friend. Look into a student loan, pick any direction you want and go for it. As for your siblings, they can either go for a loan or work to put themself through school. Your bitterness stems from your sacrifice. There's a pretty good chance that your siblings are going to frat parties and quaffing mucho beero's or binging on 26'ers too, it's common.

I have already finished my education and am quite aware of Asia and current affairs. As for Prince George, it's in a sad economic standing and I hear the Hells Angels have a booming business going. I refuse to balance atrocities of one part of the world to another it's not a score card that justifies a bigger boot to the head.

What's walking like a duck? I missed something.

Yeah i have no problem with my siblings partying and getting wasted for fun. I dont care how they act as long as they do good in school. unlike my native friend who sits at home toking up and drinking living off his mommy and going nowhere. Also this is not just from one person. Im tired of these native gangs running around pg like independant soldiers. there have been so many crimes in reserves by the natives. By the way im not racist i like natives as a people. I just hate how they get free rides figuratively and literally. Dont get me wrong i love the culture it reminds me of my native filipino heritage. Unlike the natives though we arent bugging the spanish and japanese for free money.

fishnut9
06-03-2010, 04:08 PM
No, but she would have stats on other nastier inflictions,, ask her and then take a slow boat back to china and deal with your ef'd up life.

You mean stabbings and violent crimes usually natives as well. How is my life efd up lol. Wow you are so intelligent arent you. Now you are giving me the go back to your country crap lol. You need to grow up bud. Also as for the whole we showed up thing. Slavery is a result of warfare. Honestly if you cannot defend the country you live in you dont deserve it. Another thing who do you think invented the gun powder that gave you the edge over the natives in the first place. THE ASIANS so youre welcome.

Fishingnutter
06-03-2010, 04:19 PM
You mean stabbings and violent crimes usually natives as well. How is my life efd up lol. Wow you are so intelligent arent you. Now you are giving me the go back to your country crap lol. You need to grow up bud. Also as for the whole we showed up thing. Slavery is a result of warfare. Honestly if you cannot defend the country you live in you dont deserve it. Another thing who do you think invented the gun powder that gave you the edge over the natives in the first place. THE ASIANS so youre welcome.

You need serious help, it's out there, get it now!!!

KyleM
06-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Are you guys this stupid?

Why would an African American get a treaty? They were brought here on ships as slaves from Africa. Natives have been here for thousands of years. Do you know what a treaty is? Did you guys grow up in the Canadian educational system because it sounds like you have zero idea as to what your speaking of.

You guys are extremely uneducated and your points are so far from being valid its not even funny.

Sounds to me like just a bunch of lunatic racists.

igorot
06-03-2010, 06:32 PM
But it is ok to single out a race if it gives them 2 grand a month from my tax money right.

Fishnut9

google my user name and ask your Filipino blood how we are treated.

or how about a round of beer on me and I can give you better my insight.

cheers

fishnut9
06-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Fishnut9

google my user name and ask your Filipino blood how we are treated.

or how about a round of beer on me and I can give you better my insight.

cheers

I dont know what you are asking me to do. I looked up igorot but i cant find anything about your treatment.

fishnut9
06-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Are you guys this stupid?

Why would an African American get a treaty? They were brought here on ships as slaves from Africa. Natives have been here for thousands of years. Do you know what a treaty is? Did you guys grow up in the Canadian educational system because it sounds like you have zero idea as to what your speaking of.

You guys are extremely uneducated and your points are so far from being valid its not even funny.

Sounds to me like just a bunch of lunatic racists.
Yes and the only points you people use is well we were abused. GET OVER IT!

KyleM
06-03-2010, 09:06 PM
You people? Did you not read anything?
Im not a native.

You should have stayed in school kid.

For your sake I hope you keep your views to yourself while in public.
Most Canadians dont put up with the garbage your spewing and you may quickly find that out for yourself.

KyleM
06-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Just for your information, there are many Natives that view this board and a few that are regular contributors.
Maybe take that into consideration before you start yapping again.

troller
06-04-2010, 06:44 AM
Well someone obviously doesnt know what an overexaggeration is. Sorry your right twenty years is a little small Lets try making it the same length natives have been complaining for. Well rawanda, china vs tibet, congo, sierra leonne, although out of the time frame try holocaust, bosnian war, genocide in darfur, the massive killings in china still going on, saddam killing hundreds of thousand of iraqis, pakistan, vietnam, cambodia,nanking, russia during stalin, columbia (not a genocide but many civilians killed), aminean genocide, the current one in kenya, . thats all i can think of. And these are genocides intended to kill others. Im not even counting death caused by government not caring. The people killed under general mao himself more than doubles that of hitler.

Oh I've heard of it, I just think you are talking out your butt so I wanted to see if you could put facts to your words, you can not. That was all I needed to know about your posting style, childish basically

Good luck on the grade 9 PATs *cheers*

admin
06-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Thread is closed for obvious reasons