PDA

View Full Version : Wabamun

TYEE
06-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Headin to Wabamun this Sunday, spend some time with the family, catch and release a few pike. How busy can the boat launch get in town? Where is the next best launch?

TrollGRG
06-16-2010, 08:57 PM
There is some big activity going on in the town this Sunday. I think it is a family thing. You can be sure the lauch and the whole marina area will be busy.

You can always try the campground on the east end of the lake.

TYEE
06-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Any idea how good or if there is a launch at Fallis? I have a 17.5 ft lund need a decent launch.

bushnell
06-16-2010, 10:03 PM
I think you may be mistaken, but there was a boating tryout this past weekend.

dave99
06-16-2010, 10:44 PM
There is a good boat launch at Wabamun Provincial Park. Exit off Hwy 16 (assuming you're coming from the East/Edmonton side) one exit before the Wabamun town exit and follow the signs.

Good Fishin', I was there in my canoe last weekend and had a blast with pike on the fly rod.

Dave99

seahawkfisher
06-17-2010, 07:58 AM
yup 2 good launches at the PP and lots of parking; the westernmost is the best. 12kph untill you go under the train bridge, go between the signs and there's lots of water for a 17. there's a nice point on the south side about half way down the lake that doesnt see much pressure and can be pretty good
good luck

crazyfish
06-17-2010, 08:59 AM
P.P is your best bet, lots of parking, and a good launch and pier. The town one is decent, but short on parking and can be busy ! Last weekend was the busy one, this one should just be average. Good luck

TYEE
06-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks guys PP it is. I will post an update Sunday night.

CHEERS!!!

gonefishin
06-17-2010, 06:57 PM
I was there on Sunday and the town launch was closed for construction so the P.P was the only launch to use. The fishing was decent, but there was some sort of whatchamajigger going on and the lake was packed! It took a little over an hour of waiting in line to get our trailer into the water to get the boat out.