PDA

View Full Version : Seibert Lake

Morbius131
06-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Hey guys/gals,

I am thinking of heading out to Seibert Lake for some fishing this weekend as I am in the area. Any reports on how the fishing is going so far this year.

Thanks!

Morb

Penner
06-18-2010, 12:42 PM
I have been out yet this year but apparently the boat launch is worse than ever.

Morbius131
06-18-2010, 01:43 PM
That is a little hard to believe! I had to pull a guy out of there last year after he hooked onto his boat :sHa_sarcasticlol: . Well hopefully the fishing is good as my buddy has a light weight aluminum!

Morb

kreator
06-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Let us know what the road in there is like. I am looking to get in there in the next couple weeks. I bought a new trailer and I'm not too keen on taking it in there if the road is all holes and washboard.

rammer
06-18-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm heading up there this weekend too and from what I hear the launch is pretty bad, but it's been dry lately so should be ok.

Any word on the fishing?

bnd112
06-18-2010, 03:40 PM
We were up there last weekend with a little 12' alum. so the boat launch wasn't an issue for us, but it's alot worse than last year!!! As for the fishing, walleyes were biting pretty good, but the pike were biting like crazy!!! We couldn't get away from them, everywhere we went in the lake you would snag a pike!! It was a ton of fun!! Good luck!!

rookiemoosehunter
06-18-2010, 03:47 PM
I had heard that the campground was closed at Siebert, Is this true?

brandonchudyk10
07-16-2010, 12:17 PM
campground is still open

MadTrapper
07-16-2010, 05:12 PM
just talked to my daughter, her friends and her caught a 23 and 20lb jack with in a hour last weak, can you launch a 19ft v their?

kreator
07-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Well, I spent the last 5 days there. The fishing was absolutely spectacular and campsite basically empty. It took me 1 hour to drive the 22 km trail into the campsite. It's really not that bad, just cratered like the moon. There were guys putting their larger boats in there, but I sure wouldn't. We managed quite easily with our 14 footer.

I caught one pike around 15 pounds with several other that were 5+. On Friday night I couldn't keep the walleye off. Every time we went out we had a keeper or two, which made for some pretty epic meals. One walleye was 63 cm.

Being that the campsite was basically empty (only 5 or so sites taken on the weekend), I hope the government doesn't decide to close it up like they did Ironwood, thanks to 'cutbacks'. This lake really is special. Hopefully heading back up on the long weekend.