PDA

View Full Version : Tobin next week

winged1
06-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Heading for Nipawin Sunday, on the lake Monday morning. Anyone been up the last week, any tips?

Teamprotz
06-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Water is high and fast , but there are still fish there , if you can keep your rig on bottom. Can't see it getting much better for a while. Rained 1.5-2 inches yesterday.

TJG
06-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Heading for Nipawin Sunday, on the lake Monday morning. Anyone been up the last week, any tips?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/terry01/fishing-tobin.jpg

A187
06-18-2010, 09:06 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/terry01/fishing-tobin.jpg

Wow you're the man, what a sweet map. The maker of this thread lucked out big time by you giving him that.

I'd pay to have a map like that for Wabamun

bridgefisher
06-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Just got back from there on Tuesday. The best luck we had was jigging just off the point from Tobin Lake Resort (just line yourself up with the million other boats). We also did quite a bit of drift fishing in the river (around white rock). Caught a few but nothing big. It was quite slow compared to when we were there 2 years ago. My recommendation...find a point, set anchor in 20-25ft of water, and hold the line tight because they weren't hitting hard at all.

AbAngler
06-21-2010, 08:19 AM
That map is the greatest thing for the locals. Keeps the out of towners away from the good holes. :) I have to admit though, the spot off the point at the resort pretty much always produces. Too crowded for me though.

Yesterday, my buddies wife caught a 9 pounder in bout 20 feet. Same hole produced a few 5-7 pounders and a million little guys.

Best advice if you've never been to Tobin is find a drop off, set anchor and start jigging. If your on the river, bottom bounce.

Teamprotz
06-21-2010, 09:52 AM
jUST REMEMBER , ALL WATER FROM ALBERTA ENDS UP IN TOBIN LAKE ! ITS GOING TO BE AN UGLY MONTH FOR FISHING.

nicemustang
06-21-2010, 11:01 AM
jUST REMEMBER , ALL WATER FROM ALBERTA ENDS UP IN TOBIN LAKE ! ITS GOING TO BE AN UGLY MONTH FOR FISHING.

Well not entirely true, but yeah down stream is gonna be messy for sure.

pikester
06-21-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm headed up there in August so it should be back to normal by then! Can't wait considering I've never been there before but heard about it for years!

Hope ya do well winged1.

Teamprotz
06-21-2010, 06:48 PM
The nice thing about Tobin is that the fish bite all summer , the only thing that will mess things up is high water. Its high and moving right now , and anything that hits the SSR will end up in Nipawin in a week or so. Diefenbaker and Codette Lakes can only hold so much. Hopefully things settle down in the south , I feel sorry for all those who have been flooded out.

Remi3006
06-22-2010, 02:21 PM
I was there June 7-15th. Fishing was VERY slow! If you are going for eyes head to the point of Tobin Lake as said earlier. If you are chasing Pike and cant get to the lake... Head to the Cabins and fish 2-5ft of water. Please post on here how you did! Good luck! PM me if you want to chat further

bardfromedson
06-27-2010, 09:25 PM
i was there june 21-24. river is very high and the color of mud. about 12-15 inches visability. drifting from 1.5-3miles an hour. i managed to get a 12 pound eye. we only got 2 other slots in the 4 days of fishing the river. we did head out on the lake one day and you can catch boatloads of little ones. also a few nice pike. lots of people fishing around tobin resort. people catching by the hundred off the hump. didn't know where this was so didn't try. the river was tough fishing but thats were i would head if your looking for the big eyes.