PDA

View Full Version : Shore fishing at Wab?

Geezle
06-20-2010, 08:24 AM
Just wondering if it's worthwhile to try any shore fishing out at Wabamun? I'm not at all familiar with the lake, and I've been told by a couple people that shore fishing the lake is pretty much a waste of time, however last night I met a guy down at the river and he told me he's had 10 pike days from shore :huh:

So, is it a worthwhile venture, or was this guy just stringing me along?

jono88
06-20-2010, 12:57 PM
If this were a couple of months ago i would recommend going to the water outflow near the power plant on the north side of the lake. Water was warm there and the pike usually come up to spawn there. I had multiple days this spring over 20 fish from shore and even more out on the pontoon. Now i am pretty sure they have moved off of that spot now that things have been warming up. I would say now with out a boat it might be a struggle out there.

ice
06-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Just about any lake is shore fishable if you don't mind getting wet on wag hit the. Northwest side over the tracks and down walk in till you hit a 5 foot depth. Sure you get wet you have to go out quiet a ways. But there's a drop to 20 feet within a a couple feet let your lure sink about 15 feet. And give her a yank and start reelin. Pike like to cruise that drop off. I find a fire tiger rattlin or clackin rap works best

Ice:confused:

Geezle
06-25-2010, 06:55 AM
Well, I managed to get out on Wab with Mooseknuckle in his boat on Tuesday and we had a blast out there. Wish I would have been keeping count...in the few hours that we were there I caught at least a dozen pike, and Mooseknuckle had to have had around the same number. No sea monsters that day but word on the street is that they're in there :evilgrin:

Now I'm really twitching to get out there again! :fishing:

RedHeadedFisherman
06-25-2010, 07:11 AM
Well, I managed to get out on Wab with Mooseknuckle in his boat on Tuesday and we had a blast out there. Wish I would have been keeping count...in the few hours that we were there I caught at least a dozen pike, and Mooseknuckle had to have had around the same number. No sea monsters that day but word on the street is that they're in there :evilgrin:

Now I'm really twitching to get out there again! :fishing:

great for you Geezle..:sign0111::character0053: wish i had a boat.L)

fish-man
06-25-2010, 08:50 AM
The narrows between Moonlight bay and the main lake are a good shore fishing spot. It's hit and miss, but when it's "hit" you can catch a lot of fish there. I've also caught them off the docks in the bay early in the morning.

Be careful wading, I've also got swimmer's itch from that spot. It sucks.

mooseknuckle
06-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Hey Geezle we'll go real soon again and I'll show you when we are out there the best spots from shore to fish from and how to get there as there might be a small amount of hiking involved. Besides that just let me know when your going you know how much I love to ditch work and go fishing. lol

Geezle
06-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Hey Geezle we'll go real soon again and I'll show you when we are out there the best spots from shore to fish from and how to get there as there might be a small amount of hiking involved. Besides that just let me know when your going you know how much I love to ditch work and go fishing. lol

Speaking of ditching work to go fishing...see you in a couple hours! :lol: :wave:

mooseknuckle
06-26-2010, 10:50 AM
AWE YEAH!!!!! Pike for dinner.

Better specify we ain't fishing wab hey?