PDA

View Full Version : Respect for the resource

Geezle
06-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Okay, I was out at Hasse again on Friday and had a pretty good time. Brought another forum member out and got him on to some perch and met Predator from the forum out there as well :)

Anyway, in the morning a group of 3 younger guys whose first language was not English (can't get too specific or somebody here will get their panties in a knot :rolleyes:) showed up. No big deal. I wasn't really paying attention to them, but it was pretty obvious they were fishing for perch. When my back was kinda turned I heard a *sploosh* kinda far out from the dock...it definitely wasn't a fish surfacing :huh: A few minutes later I hear it again, and the 3 guys are all making a ruckus and laughing. So I started watching them, and one of them caught a perch, unhooked it, and then made a very big show of throwing it as hard as he could out into the middle of the lake while his buddy was taking pics or a video or whatever :angry3:

After I saw that I asked them politely (well, I used the word "please") but very firmly to stop doing that, and they did, and then they left shortly after.

So why would somebody do this? I realize the perch don't belong in the lake but that's no reason to be acting in such a way. I could sort of understand (but still not really) if they were fishing for trout and the perch kept stealing their bait or something, but these meatheads were clearly targeting the perch.

Okay, I'm done now, and I feel a bit better.

Fenix_84
06-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Anyway, in the morning a group of 3 younger guys whose first language was not English (can't get too specific or somebody here will get their panties in a knot :rolleyes:) showed up.

Then why even mention it?

*******s will be *******s.

ice
06-20-2010, 03:59 PM
Okay, I was out at Hasse again on Friday and had a pretty good time. Brought another forum member out and got him on to some perch and met Predator from the forum out there as well :)

Anyway, in the morning a group of 3 younger guys whose first language was not English (can't get too specific or somebody here will get their panties in a knot :rolleyes:) showed up. No big deal. I wasn't really paying attention to them, but it was pretty obvious they were fishing for perch. When my back was kinda turned I heard a *sploosh* kinda far out from the dock...it definitely wasn't a fish surfacing :huh: A few minutes later I hear it again, and the 3 guys are all making a ruckus and laughing. So I started watching them, and one of them caught a perch, unhooked it, and then made a very big show of throwing it as hard as he could out into the middle of the lake while his buddy was taking pics or a video or whatever :angry3:

After I saw that I asked them politely (well, I used the word "please") but very firmly to stop doing that, and they did, and then they left shortly after.

So why would somebody do this? I realize the perch don't belong in the lake but that's no reason to be acting in such a way. I could sort of understand (but still not really) if they were fishing for trout and the perch kept stealing their bait or something, but these meatheads were clearly targeting the perch.

Okay, I'm done now, and I feel a bit better.

Well jay. Some people are like that. They just don't care. Or probobly in this case being cool for the camera. It'll always be that way. Younger people don't generalydont have alot of respect for what was givin to us. That's just how it is . However you did the right thing. Even if the perch aren't supposed to be there they still don't deserve to be under that kind of stress.
Take care Of our resources people. Because if we don't they won't last

Ice:confused:

luckyme
06-20-2010, 04:45 PM
:sad0020: it will be always these type of people out there and i am glad you said something to them jay.

ghostguy6
06-20-2010, 04:56 PM
I think I saw those kids out there yesterday. They took off pretty quick after I threatened to throw them into the lake to see how it felt:shake:

ice
06-20-2010, 05:03 PM
I think I saw those kids out there yesterday. They took off pretty quick after I threatened to throw them into the lake to see how it felt:shake:

Good stuff!!!:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Ice:confused:

Geezle
06-21-2010, 06:32 AM

They were at it again?! :angry3:

If a person was to catch these meatheads in the act again, could they be called in for molesting the wildlife or something? :confused: :mad0030:

DarkAisling
06-21-2010, 07:32 AM
Then why even mention it?

Because it is useful for identification. It could have been "A lanky strawberry blonde guy with glasses, wearing a Scorpions t-shirt and driving a black early 2000s Sierra 1500" (btw, I just described #1 son's dad).

It has been proven time and time again that cross-racial ID is difficult and unreliable (http://academic.udayton.edu/race/03justice/justice03.htm). Sometimes the best a person can do is to indicate that someone was a different ethnic origin.

Of course, no one would be calling anyone racist for giving the description I used as an example. It only becomes a big stinkin' issue when "race" is involved. :rolleye2:

Seriously, we don't need to be afraid of race. Mentioning someone's race doesn't make one racist anymore than mentioning someone's hair colour makes one prejudice.

Case in point. I'm sure Jay's limited description has helped you come to this conclusion.

If a person was to catch these meatheads in the act again, could they be called in for molesting the wildlife or something? :confused: :mad0030:

Probably. Video would most likely be required though, as they probably wouldn't do it with F&W standing right there.