PDA

View Full Version : Great Fishing at Pigeon!! and want to go again, but...

fishingmedic
06-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Had the opportunity to go to Pigeon Lake this weekend, the fishing
was fantastic!! Not stupidly easy but many walleyes caught and even one pike!! So, now we want to go back for the July Long Weekend and we find out its all booked up except for the '1st come' sites'............is it worth is to try to get a 1st come site at Pigeon Lake on the Friday morning of the July Long??? It seems that everywhere is booked up.....

Overdrawn
06-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Go early pitch a tent in the spot you want and come back when you want to camp.

ice
06-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Lol just cuz they're biting in June doesn't mean they're going to bite heavy in July

If it were me I'd pay tbhe xtra 150 on fuel And go up north or atleast into sask

Pigeon is a winter lake IMO

Ice

Rockymtnx
06-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Pigeon is a winter lake IMO

Just wondering why you say that? I have had my best fishing in the summer at Pigeon. I have yet to see anyone pull 100 + fish a day through the ice in Pigeon.

ghostguy6
06-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Pigeon lake is a gong show on the long weekends! Its the closest lake you can take a boat on so all the yahoo's end up there. All the boaters stir up the lake and scare the fish into deep water. Forget about taking a canoe there, someone will try to tip it with their wake.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
06-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Pigeon lake is a gong show on the long weekends! Its the closest lake you can take a boat on so all the yahoo's end up there. All the boaters stir up the lake and scare the fish into deep water. Forget about taking a canoe there, someone will try to tip it with their wake.

:lol: hummm Ive sat right on the boat launch on long weekends and caught hundreds of them . There isn't nothing stopping them . If you doubt that ask some of the guys I fish with ;) . Just gotta Jig your jig and wiggle your worm the right way and you cant keep them off . Hell man Ive even had people gather around me to watch me catch them like clock work . Even had times my shoulder got to sore and handed it off to some kid that is telling there parents they wish they could catch one .

ghostguy6
06-21-2010, 12:15 AM
Maybe youll have to show me how to catch them on a long weekend. My catch rate went down to about 75% on long weekends there.

ice
06-22-2010, 06:33 PM
If just had some really bad fishing summer fishing pigeon. However never been skunked in the winter. Still an excellent lake. With great fishing oppertunities

Ice:confused: