PDA

View Full Version : Good fishing lakes around the peace?

tappen
06-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Does anyone know any good fishing lakes around the peace country, or norther of peace river/grimshaw area? and what type of fish are in it?

Im fairly new to the sport and went out this weekend every day, caught a 5.2 pounds rainbow and now im hooked and want to get out as much as possible.

Any input would be appreciated.

Tom Pullings
07-06-2010, 12:47 PM
I would like to hear of some lakes in that area as well. The only rainbows I've caught up here were tiny. Where did you catch your five pounder?

farmboy_ab
07-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Figure 8 by Grimshaw, stocked trout, good size

Stoney(montaguese?) NE of Hines Creek, stocked trout

Sulphur north of Stoney, stocked trout, never been, heard good things

Cummings by Fairview, 6 inch perch, but lots of them

Hunter Trav
07-07-2010, 10:33 AM
You could always just go and fish the river. Pick a drainage and follow it down to the river, and fish there.

fishman
07-07-2010, 06:25 PM
There is two ponds stocked just outside of grimshaw, u take the road to the golf road after leaving town if i remember right about 2 miles take the road to the left(north) until you come to a parking lot both are stocked with bows and one use to have grayling in it but that was years ago

glen1971
12-18-2010, 05:57 PM
A friend of mine's dad used to work for the forestry and years ago, they used to stock some of the remote lakes with planes.. If the body looked like it could support fish, they dropped some in them.. No idea where, or how to find out which ones.. Short of fishing in them all.. :)