PDA

View Full Version : Mud Lake in K Country

jacenbeers
06-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Hey all. I read in the Barry Mitchell guide that Mud Lake in Kananaskis Country has Lake Trout. It looks like a really small lake so I was surprised about this. Can anybody tell me if they have fished here before? What did you catch? How did you catch it? I can only fish from shore or in a belly boat. You can PM me if you want.

FishingForLife
06-21-2010, 02:08 PM
I've fished it twice. Once a few years back, then once last year. It's exactly as it sounds. A lake that looks like a mud hole. The entire lake is permanently stained a light chocolate color. Years ago, I caught ONE cutt in about a 3 hour span. Then last year, in 5 hours, fishing all over the lake, didnt catch nuttin. It's pretty small. In the belly boat if you float near shore, be prepared to battle quite a bit of under water obstacles which you can barley see. Would I ever recommend this lake to anyone...No. Would I ever try this lake again, probably not. If you want some action, once Chester opens across the road, I'd hit that one up. And not to self, the lakes above mud. "Burstall Lakes", are pretty much non-exsistant now. They dried up pretty bad last year and I didnt see any sign of life around them.

Unregistered user
06-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Used to be good cutties in Mud. Sad to hear about Burstall, had a lot of fun in those lakes 10 years ago or so.

ULTRAlite
06-22-2010, 11:30 AM
As stated, I've caught a few cutts on dries at Mud... would I go back... No.

Chester is the better option.