PDA

View Full Version : Burbot near Stony Plain ????

AriahJade
06-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Ive got a great recipe for burbot in orange sauce that my cousin gave me, I'd love to try it. However i havn't had much luck catching one since last winter. Any tips for locations/methods for catching a summer burbot somewhere within an hour of Stony Plain ? Thanks very much in advance :)

Fishingnutter
06-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Ive got a great recipe for burbot in orange sauce that my cousin gave me, I'd love to try it. However i havn't had much luck catching one since last winter. Any tips for locations/methods for catching a summer burbot somewhere within an hour of Stony Plain ? Thanks very much in advance :)

Try half a smelt on a number 6 single hook about 8 inches off the bottom in a spot where there's moving water but a lazy hole that goes round and round. I'm not familiar with Stony plain but it seems the rule of thumb,,, now post the recipe already!

AriahJade
06-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Orange burbot

Fish can be baked with or without fins/head, as per your preference.

Slice oranges skin on in approximately half centimeter slices.

For rub. Use approximately 1 tbs of each ingredient per pound of fish.
dried red chillies, brown sugar, butter, orange zest

Slice burbot on an angle from back to belly in approximately 2 cm sections. from gill area to tail about 3/4 of the way through on each side.

After rubbing fish with prepared mix insert sliced orange into slices made on burbot.

Wrap in tin foil, and bake on low in bbq until flesh comes away easily with a fork.

Rub will become gooey sticky yummy sauce that can be basted back on fish for serving.

:sHa_shakeshout:

Fishingnutter
06-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Orange burbot

Fish can be baked with or without fins/head, as per your preference.

Slice oranges skin on in approximately half centimeter slices.

For rub. Use approximately 1 tbs of each ingredient per pound of fish.
dried red chillies, brown sugar, butter, orange zest

Slice burbot on an angle from back to belly in approximately 2 cm sections. from gill area to tail about 3/4 of the way through on each side.

After rubbing fish with prepared mix insert sliced orange into slices made on burbot.

Wrap in tin foil, and bake on low in bbq until flesh comes away easily with a fork.

Rub will become gooey sticky yummy sauce that can be basted back on fish for serving.

:sHa_shakeshout:

i really need to be telling people that all bubot should be released. an interest is growing, some of us know too much. another one is pickled fish (the braised pike style not like herring/roll mops), and you use sucker caught while ice fishing. the bones dissolve over time in the pickling brine,,, shhhhh!