PDA

View Full Version : lees lake or beavius

walleyechaser
06-22-2010, 06:34 PM
how are these lake fishing?

thinking of heading there soon, is it worth it, or has the rain messed things up

thanks
walleyechaser

Guitarplayingfish
06-23-2010, 07:17 AM
Try fly fishing, or bait fishing. I found those were the most productive last week. All I can say, Is you wont be disappointed, at either lake ;)

walleyechaser
06-23-2010, 06:10 PM
fished beavius (sp?), lee and beaver mines today, before the weight hit the bottom we had bites, all fish were about 6 to 8 inches long...

billyblastoff
06-23-2010, 10:27 PM
Don't expect trophy fish on marshmellows.

howlin
06-23-2010, 11:32 PM
no trophys in either ,just small stockers.go north for trophys.

fisherwoman
06-24-2010, 12:10 AM
I've been to both lately, both were hot. But I admit that was before all the rain. I had luck with mini marshmellows. Good luck!

Guitarplayingfish
06-24-2010, 07:42 AM
no trophys in either ,just small stockers.go north for trophys.

WRONG. Sure, there are tons and tons of small ones... but Ive seenn 12lb rainbows come out, caught a 5lb rainbow myself, and I have seen many 4-6 lb rainbows and browns swimming around, sometimes they follow me in. They are hard to catch, but they are in both lakes, whether you believe me or not.

WayneChristie
06-24-2010, 07:45 AM
WRONG. Sure, there are tons and tons of small ones... but Ive seenn 12lb rainbows come out, caught a 5lb rainbow myself, and I have seen many 4-6 lb rainbows and browns swimming around, sometimes they follow me in. They are hard to catch, but they are in both lakes, whether you believe me or not.

Beauvais used to get stocked with a couple hundred 8 pound plus browns every year, dont know about lately but there could be some left and probably much bigger now. They were put in to help control the suckers.

Guitarplayingfish
06-24-2010, 07:47 AM
Beauvais used to get stocked with a couple hundred 8 pound plus browns every year, dont know about lately but there could be some left and probably much bigger now. They were put in to help control the suckers.

well, last time I was there someone caught a 4lb brown, and my girl had a 5lb (approx) brown follow in a small rainbow she had on the line. They are in there, but they are picky.

WayneChristie
06-24-2010, 07:47 AM
Don't expect trophy fish on marshmellows.

14 pound rainbow caught in Glenmore by a little kid using marshmallows. guess they are better than marshmellows.

Guitarplayingfish
06-24-2010, 07:49 AM
14 pound rainbow caught in Glenmore by a little kid using marshmallows. guess they are better than marshmellows.

Im pretty sure I know you wayne? Are you or did you used to be a biker?

WayneChristie
06-24-2010, 07:54 AM
only in my mind LOL theres a lot of us around believe it or not, were 3 or 4 in Calgary til I left. and Beaver Mines is another great lake in the same area as Lees and Beauvais to fish.

Guitarplayingfish
06-24-2010, 07:58 AM
only in my mind LOL theres a lot of us around believe it or not, were 3 or 4 in Calgary til I left. and Beaver Mines is another great lake in the same area as Lees and Beauvais to fish.

Did you used to pick up wood from totem often? lol Im pretty sure your the same wayne who e-mailed me all those tiamen pictures?

howlin
06-24-2010, 11:39 AM

ive caught the odd ten# out off lees ,but since when is a 12# classified as trophy .they are big but i wouldnt say trophy.:argue2:

walleyechaser
06-24-2010, 11:48 AM
we used spinners, rapalas and mallows... all caught little fish, never said there was anything wrong with that either.

Guitarplayingfish
06-24-2010, 12:00 PM
ive caught the odd ten# out off lees ,but since when is a 12# classified as trophy .they are big but i wouldnt say trophy.:argue2:

As far as southern alberta fishing goes, I would call a 12lb rainbow a trophy. Obviously its nothing compared to deifenbaker or the kootenays... but those are gerrard rainbow are they not? Regardless, 12lb rainbow in southern alberta... Good luck dude. You wont get one unless you get very lucky. You and I obviously have different ideas on what qualifies as a "Trophy Fish"

:fighting0074:

howlin
06-24-2010, 02:33 PM
thats why i said to go north for trophys ,the big ones are few and far between done south .the lakes are fun but dont expect any size,if ya catch one good for you,but just know that lees fish are in the majority smaller stockers(even the big guys are marked brood stock.)this is what i ment by my post that got you in a huff.

Guitarplayingfish
06-24-2010, 02:44 PM
thats why i said to go north for trophys ,the big ones are few and far between done south .the lakes are fun but dont expect any size,if ya catch one good for you,but just know that lees fish are in the majority smaller stockers(even the big guys are marked brood stock.)this is what i ment by my post that got you in a huff.

There is only 1 huffing I am doing :bad_boys_20: =)

Well of course they are all brood... You cant expect wild trout that get that big around here. Southern alberta sucks for fishing in comparison to the north.

howlin
06-24-2010, 03:04 PM
they do taste better:)

billyblastoff
06-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Southern alberta sucks for fishing in comparison to the north.

Fishing in creeks, rivers and lakes in, on, and around the mountains really really sucks.

lannie
06-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Fishing in creeks, rivers and lakes in, on, and around the mountains really really sucks.

Everybody has an opinion and i am sure you have expierienced some great fishing in your time but i am surprised with that statement.
I do hope that thought spreads and cuts down on all the traffic for the sucky fishing around the mountains. While you are at it could you put a big sign up
around hwy 22/hwy 3 intersection warning fisherman they will do much better if they just turn around and head back north. You will have many resident fisherman fans around south western alberta thanking you for this.

dmvcaly
08-22-2010, 10:10 PM
friend and i were out today to Lee lake. Was a little slow to start but had a good day pulling some scrappy small bows out of the lake. Caught 16 total between the two of us. Overall a good day.:bad_boys_20:

Guitarplayingfish
08-23-2010, 07:03 AM
Like I have posted previously, LEE LAKE HAS A BLACK FLATWORM PARASITE going around, which is causing tons of the trout's skin to bubble. Don't keep any. Not sure about beauveauis but I think its ok.

WayneChristie
08-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Like I have posted previously, LEE LAKE HAS A BLACK FLATWORM PARASITE going around, which is causing tons of the trout's skin to bubble. Don't keep any. Not sure about beauveauis but I think its ok.

does that make them look like they have almost marbles under their skin?

Guitarplayingfish
08-23-2010, 07:33 AM
does that make them look like they have almost marbles under their skin?

Yes, It makes it looks like the fish's skin has marbles under it, or like the skin just has a big pocket of air sticking out.. Regardless, its pretty gross! Its really too bad.. Fish and Wildlife wouldn't give me a definite answer, but I'm pretty sure that the hatchery released infected fish into the lake. I highly doubt it, but hopefully this will at least deter every person I see there from keeping like 10 14" trout. No one gives them a chance to grow =(

WayneChristie
08-23-2010, 07:36 AM
Yes, It makes it looks like the fish's skin has marbles under it, or like the skin just has a big pocket of air sticking out.. Regardless, its pretty gross! Its really too bad.. Fish and Wildlife wouldn't give me a definite answer, but I'm pretty sure that the hatchery released infected fish into the lake. I highly doubt it, but hopefully this will at least deter every person I see there from keeping like 10 14" trout. No one gives them a chance to grow =(

I would say the hatchery then, because I caught a stocked trout in Enchant last weekend with the same thing, wonder if it spreads to perch as well? what about humans?

Guitarplayingfish
08-23-2010, 08:31 AM
I would say the hatchery then, because I caught a stocked trout in Enchant last weekend with the same thing, wonder if it spreads to perch as well? what about humans?

Read this. It will give you some Information on it.