PDA

View Full Version : fishing jackfish

tappen
06-22-2010, 11:08 PM
Im about to go out fishing jackfish for my first time with a couple buddies weekend after this, and im wondering what ya guys use for jackfish in terms of lures and what techniques you use? Im new to fishing and i appreciate the help.

ice
06-22-2010, 11:19 PM
LOL for some slough sharks. Nothin beats a fire tiger rattlin or clackin rap. Help any rattlin or clackin rap works well If all else fails hit up the yellow and red 5 of diamonds spoon just cast and retrieve on a drop or by some weeds or troll along side but for spring pike I find 14" is the magic depth

S.A.S
06-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Perch Rapalas, Silver Rapalas, Spoons of all sorts. Large flashy lures.

ice
06-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Perch Rapalas, Silver Rapalas, Spoons of all sorts. Large flashy lures.

Since your new to the sport by rap I mean rapala^

Fishingnutter
06-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Im about to go out fishing jackfish for my first time with a couple buddies weekend after this, and im wondering what ya guys use for jackfish in terms of lures and what techniques you use? Im new to fishing and i appreciate the help.

get a bunch of storm perch wildeye,, they're idiot proof,,, but definitely change it up.

S.A.S
06-22-2010, 11:35 PM
Since your new to the sport by rap I mean rapala^

When I hit "Reply" no one had responded yet. So after I responded I saw you had responded prior. =) I know what "raps" are, I have been fishing since I was 5 back in MB ;). Haha

ice
06-22-2010, 11:51 PM
Yeah I know you have Exp.
I just didn't know if the creator knew what a rap was.
Anyways good stuff I'm gone try those out!

WayneChristie
06-23-2010, 05:39 PM
forget Jacks, Pike are way more fun