PDA

View Full Version : stettler ?

howlin
06-23-2010, 01:48 PM
heading up there to take my dad on that train they have up there and am looking for extra curricular activities ie fishing and bars.any one on here that can help with recs?.thanks

troller
06-23-2010, 03:57 PM
heading up there to take my dad on that train they have up there and am looking for extra curricular activities ie fishing and bars.any one on here that can help with recs?.thanks

Bars...well the Royal Hotel has gone downhill and the Stettler hotel isn't much better...but if you want quiet and to shoot a game of pool they might be what you are looking for. Social Bo's seemed to be busy. There is a fish pond stocked with pike right behind walmart if that is up your ally. C&R only I believe. If you have a chance stop in a look around Battle river sports, now called "your source for sports" or something like that. It's at the north end of main street and 1/2 block east.

Anything else you need to know send me a pm and I will help you as best I can. Don't read threads too much anymore so that might be the best way to reach me.

troller
06-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Oh yeah, I was told by someone that actually frequents bars LOL. I guess the Boston Pizza lounge is a good place to go also.

Krisrf
06-24-2010, 04:55 PM
For the fishing, I guess that pond is the way to go as I've never fished in Stettler. For entertainment, I would try Social Bo's, or for a bit quieter (sometimes) try the BPs lounge or the Town Pump is pretty decent attached to the Best Western. The Town Pump has great chowder on fridays for what its worth. Stettler's a pretty cool little town. If you have a chance check out the shops down the main street as there's some neat ones there. I agree that the Source or whatever it was called, is a great outdoors shop and is one of the places I check out for lures.

Kris

moosemad
06-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Not a lot of fishing in that area except for Buffalo Lake but you need a boat. If you want to drive there's Micheechee and the Red Deer River where you can fish from shore.

troller
06-27-2010, 09:03 AM
Not a lot of fishing in that area except for Buffalo Lake but you need a boat. If you want to drive there's Micheechee and the Red Deer River where you can fish from shore.

You don't need a boat, it is nice though!! Hit the narrows and it is great shore fishing. also on the rock outcropping just west of the rochon boat launch is a not bad place to fish either. Use to catch a pile off the dock on the east side when I was little and we had our cabin there.

Oh yeah and there is kerbes pond and belkie's pond..stocked trout

not sure of the correct spelling of either LOL

and Big Knife is about 30 minutes away and you can fish the battle river.