PDA

View Full Version : Travers Walleye

steverino
06-23-2010, 09:06 PM
I have been working for a while in Northern B.C. and have earned some vacation time. I am hoping to camp and do some walleye fishing at Travers. Any word on how it has been there? Not looking for "spots", just a general idea of how the bite has been or if I should be heading some where else.

the local angler
06-24-2010, 12:10 AM
its been ok i guess i was there last week (spillway)while it was raining and was getting hits but were small and quick or i was getting slow. water is very high and clarity is very good. there were also a few rises near the spillway so hopefully the whites are hanging around. as for getting there i hope you have a 4x4 cause the part of the highway that turns to gravel and winds down to the spillway is very rough and rutted. i was following 4 suv's at the time and they barely got through and i somehow got my car in and out safely but ....ummmm .....my poor poor car.....when the gravel dirt road is dry it seems fine but when its wet its kinda hairy.

AlbertaOutdoorsmen19
06-24-2010, 08:11 AM
Hey Steve, it's Aaron.
Hope all is good up in B.C! I'm done school as of today! :sHa_shakeshout:

nicemustang
06-24-2010, 09:15 AM
Was there yesterday 9-4. It's still SLOW. There was some hot bites in there reported but the last week or so with all the rain screwed it up again. Main lake water temp only 61 degrees. Had trouble finding fish, when I did had trouble catching...caught lots of pike though in the weed beds. Spillway also slow, many people came and went without a fish caught. Whites are still rising at spillway (lots actually). Only a few small ones at spillway and one 45 cm. They just weren't there yesterday. People fishing in the river, maybe it was better there? Didn't try. It was 66 degrees and very dirty, again with all the rain.

steverino
06-24-2010, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Think I will give it a try.