PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton/Leduc Gopher shooting?

Twisted Canuck
06-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Hey AO members, got a question for you.....I'll be in Edmonton this weekend for the final (thank God) hockey of the year with my son. We were supposed to play Saturday morning, but the opposing team bugged out on us, so the boys have a game Friday night, and Sunday morning. Which leaves the whole of Saturday to kill. Gophers, that is. :sHa_shakeshout: Because there is no freaking way I'm spending a day in a hotel, or at the mall, or waterpark, or anywhere but in a farmer's pasture with the boy and I shooting prairie rats. I'm packing the .17 HMR, 10/22, and maybe the BL-22.

Now to my question. I don't have any connections in the Edmonton area. We're staying on the south side, so was looking for any gopher spots/contacts you can direct me to. I don't mind door knocking, but I prefer an introduction if possible. I was thinking of going to my newest best friend farmer in Vegreville area and shooting again as his fields are crawling, but it's a little far to drive. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated, and I'd be right pleased to meet some AO members and go shooting with them too if possible. I'm social that way..:). I'll have my laptop with me so can check for pm's.....but as I said, I don't mind door knocking if it comes right down to it.

Thanks, and look forward to hearing from anyone. The TC

Twisted Canuck
06-24-2010, 07:55 AM
...anyone? :test:

Trav
06-24-2010, 11:54 AM
...anyone? :test:

well if you wanted to drive another 2.5 hours east I could set you up Twisted

Twisted Canuck
06-24-2010, 12:01 PM
I appreciate the offer Trav, but was hoping not to drive that far. I've got a good gopher patch south of Vegreville that I can go shoot, only an hour and a quarter drive from where I'm staying. I have the feeling that's where I may head back to. TC

Twisted Canuck
06-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Apparently we are staying in Red Deer on Saturday night now, and playing there Sunday morning....so any gopher patches between Edmonton and Red Deer would be perfect for a Saturday shoot.....still looking for a contact if possible. Anybody?

Twisted Canuck
06-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Well, looks like I'll have to pack the shaving kit this weekend.....I hate shaving on the weekends, but a guy has to look presentable if he absolutely has to go door knocking to get some gopher shooting done.....:sign0161:

Anybody....anyone? Between Edmonton and Red Deer....?

Twisted Canuck
06-25-2010, 03:46 PM
OK, well that didn't work. So, for anyone else that ever wants to get an introduction to go hunt gophers in Alberta, here is my surefire 5 minute method of meeting nice folks and getting hunting.

Get on the internet, go to the UFA's homepage, and find the UFA location close to where you want to hunt. Speak nicely to a manager, introduce yourself, and let him know what you would like to do. He will know who and where to send you to. I have my choice of about 4 sections to shoot all day tomorrow, with an introduction to the father and neighbor of a UFA manager.

Beats door knocking by about a country mile.

Also beats posting on AO, but that's another story....:rolleye2: