PDA

View Full Version : Pine Lake

DBP
06-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Has anyone been fishing Pine at all, and if so hows the bite? Thanks.

bubba 96
06-24-2010, 09:53 AM
was out two weeks ago wally's were biting very good,had some good size but the wake boats and seadoo's are out in full force, makes for a frustrating day when there's a whole lake and they gotta zip by at mach 10...time to bring a slingshot...lol

SushiUnagi
06-25-2010, 06:33 PM
hate those idiots... esp the ones that come in with big wakes, crazy bass and loud music just to tour around the area quickly and then leave. No time to power up my boat and almost have water pouring in ...Like what the heck..what are you trying to accomplish? Show off with your big boat and stereo systems? I don't think any fishermen appreciates those things. So maybe show some respect please! argh..
ok thanks for creating this thread and sorry for derailing it for my venting purpose.

Hoser99
06-26-2010, 08:36 AM
hate those idiots... esp the ones that come in with big wakes, crazy bass and loud music just to tour around the area quickly and then leave. No time to power up my boat and almost have water pouring in ...Like what the heck..what are you trying to accomplish? Show off with your big boat and stereo systems? I don't think any fishermen appreciates those things. So maybe show some respect please! argh..
ok thanks for creating this thread and sorry for derailing it for my venting purpose.

Fishing in Alberta sucks!

thrude1
06-26-2010, 07:33 PM
If it sucks go somewheres else

floppychicken
06-26-2010, 10:39 PM

He's right THUD,

Fishing in Alberta SUCKS BIG TIME... Especially right now with all this rain and crap. The amount of idiots on the freakin' water is PSYCHO and many have NO CLUE as to their ignorance. Now add the 400+ Anglers per lake and yeah, it's tough no matter what....:sign0176:

Fishing someplace else (like Saskabush) is definitely on the MENU.:)

Cheers,

Banger
07-08-2010, 08:06 AM
=SushiUnagi;617614]hate those idiots... esp the ones that come in with big wakes, crazy bass and loud music just to tour around the area quickly and then leave. No time to power up my boat and almost have water pouring in ...Like what the heck..what are you trying to accomplish? Show off with your big boat and stereo systems? I don't think any fishermen appreciates those things. So maybe show some respect please! argh..

I hate those idiots that think they will never have a boat come near them while on a lake. Just like some people love to fish on the lake there are some people that spend their hard earned money on a big boat for water sports. And should have to make sure no one is around them before they start having some fun? What a joke. Its a lake, if you plan on going on it then plan to deal with some waves.

I dont have one of those boats but i could care less if they are out there having some fun. Lord forbid people have fun these days. Dont even fart because it might scare the fish away.

Dont get me wrong, its not like i enjoy having a boat go by and having to brace my self for the waves that are coming. But lets get serious your are going out onto a lake. Boats drive on the lake and boats make waves. Get prepared for it or fish from shore.

So to answer above
I don't think any fishermen appreciates those things.
I like watching people wake board and water ski. Seems like they are just trying to have some fun. They arent out there just to ruin your fishing day. So lighten up, you'll live longer.

TexasTornado
07-08-2010, 10:02 AM

You have to admit Sasky is way better

nicemustang
07-08-2010, 10:12 AM
I hate those idiots that think they will never have a boat come near them while on a lake. Just like some people love to fish on the lake there are some people that spend their hard earned money on a big boat for water sports. And should have to make sure no one is around them before they start having some fun? What a joke. Its a lake, if you plan on going on it then plan to deal with some waves.

I dont have one of those boats but i could care less if they are out there having some fun. Lord forbid people have fun these days. Dont even fart because it might scare the fish away.

Dont get me wrong, its not like i enjoy having a boat go by and having to brace my self for the waves that are coming. But lets get serious your are going out onto a lake. Boats drive on the lake and boats make waves. Get prepared for it or fish from shore.

So to answer above

I like watching people wake board and water ski. Seems like they are just trying to have some fun. They arent out there just to ruin your fishing day. So lighten up, you'll live longer.

I used to date a girl nick named banger...haha.

I agree with your post. It's not fair for us fisherman to be mad at people trying to use the lake for what its intended for. Some people think its their right to fish (it's not entitlement) and skiiers shouldn't be on the lake. That's bogus.

Although, some common sense would help too. The seadooers and skiiers don't necessarily have to make circles around the known fishing spot, which happens all the time because they want to show off. Shyte like that DOES NOT happen in SK where I'm from. Common courtesy shines through.

DirkDiggler
07-08-2010, 12:22 PM
For all you guys that think that Alberta fishing sucks, you are way out to lunch. I guess you have no idea what good fishing is. I live in central Alberta and I am less then 2 hrs. from the best trout river in the world (The Bow), I am less then 2 hrs. form the best stream/river fishing in the world (ram river, Blackstone, The Hummingbird) not to mention the best scenery in the world that people across the world pay thousands of dollars to come see and fish. I live less then an hour form pike, ling, walleye, and perch lakes where I catch 15+lbs. pike regularly, 5+lbs. walleye as well 1lbs perch and not to mention beautiful whitefish. (Pine,Gull, Pigeon, Sylvan,Buffalo Lakes) are mins. from my doorstep. Oh and did I mention the best Brown Trout trout fishing only footsteps from my house on the Red Deer river. Or how about the most amazing fly fishing you can do in the world off of my friends property south of Fort Macleod on the St. Mary river. I am sorry guy's but you obviously have no idea bout what real fishing is if you can even think about saying fishing in Alberta suck!!!!!!!!!!!! Diggler

DirkDiggler
07-08-2010, 12:32 PM
I agree there is no reason to even try to fish Pine on a weekend with all of those idiots out there on seadoos and ski boats. The lake is way too narrow and the wake off of those boats does not disperse well, if you can get out during the week the lake is usually dead. I was just out last week and the walleye were biting our hooks off, in less than 2 hrs. we had landed close to 30. All different ages of fish and very healthy looking which is good to see, we even landed a few pike. They bit on rattle traps but we had our best luck on bottom bouncers with a spinner rig and a minnow. I am actually supposed to be heading out there tommorow, I will post my relults . Diggler

nicemustang
07-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Haha dirk...love that name too.

Agree with your above post. The people that complain about the fishing here are usually meat fisherman who want to keep everything they catch.

SushiUnagi
07-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Although, some common sense would help too. The seadooers and skiiers don't necessarily have to make circles around the known fishing spot, which happens all the time because they want to show off. Shyte like that DOES NOT happen in SK where I'm from. Common courtesy shines through.

Thats exactly it. Very well said.

Sure come have fun on the lake but don't be an ass just to purposely come to the location with 10 boats all fishing there. And you have to come so close to all the rest of us there to the point we can all hear you fart. Thats a little close.

Similarly in the case of all jetboaters going skiing/wakeboarding... you won't necessarily power up in front of another ski boat now would you?

DirkDiggler
07-09-2010, 03:23 PM
I just walked in the door returning from Pine Lake fishing.

0930hrs-1400hrs

Water Temp. 67.7 F

25- Walleye (4.5lbs was the largest) (10 in the 2-4lbs. range)
5- Pike (5 lbs. was the largest)

23 fish caught bottom bouncing with a spinner on a streamer and a minnow/Gulp minnow

2 fish caught on a Wally Diver

Spinner rig and plugs all had perch pattern colouring.

Happy Fishing........ Diggler