PDA

View Full Version : Perch...perch...everywhere perch

Sundancefisher
06-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Not sure what to do. Looked off the docks last night at around 7 pm to see if I could see any grass carp...then saw a school swimming by. Took a closer look and about 1000 perch swam past...average 9 inches by the looks of them. They seem to be keeping an eye on schools of minnows. Question is should I set some fyke nets or should I just take a couple guys out fishing for the morning and set and check our gill net. What I would of done to have a throw net...

Braun
06-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Geez. That sounds like quite the problem. I could offer my assistance in getting rid of some of those pests.

snortwheez
06-24-2010, 01:35 PM
I've never heard of perch being a problem other then out your way.
I'm guessing they don't get fished hard, and i've heard there is a limit?
Surprised there not commercialy fished there, going for $16 a lb for Lake Erie perch right now.
Sounds like one heck of a fish fry to me though when you get those nets in the water.

mooseknuckle
06-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Well sundance not to be a pesimist however I think your fighting a losing battle with those perch it wouold seem. I think you could net them for the rest of your days and they will still pose a problem, maybe it's time for the more expensive plan "b".

grizz
06-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Well sundance not to be a pesimist however I think your fighting a losing battle with those perch it wouold seem. I think you could net them for the rest of your days and they will still pose a problem, maybe it's time for the more expensive plan "b".exactly poison the lake start from scratch. you've been trying hard to no avail. pull the plug smartest quickest way .sad but true. Also question the most active anglers on the lake their the ones that might of been the start of your headache. just my thoughts, not to offend anyone

slingshotz
06-24-2010, 01:50 PM
What I would of done to have a throw net...

I wish I still had mine, I'm regretting selling it now as it works so well. (And no I was not using it in Alberta, this was back in Australia).

Have you set out any more nets lately?

Jack&7
06-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Sundance...

I'm in if you need a some help....I could use a little perch fish fry!

But if they are 'averaging' 9 inches, that means the bigger ones are getting more plentiful (I hope?).

Let me know...I will be available on the weekend.

Ruger1022
06-24-2010, 02:19 PM
You do have..

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1313/4731320248_63c2408e90_b.jpg

Don't give up :fighting0074:

Kingfisher
06-24-2010, 02:20 PM
You've tried time and time again to net these fish and keep them under control. There is only one thing will fix this problem. Rotenone

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search
Rotenone

Rotenone is an odorless chemical that is used as a broad-spectrum insecticide, piscicide, and pesticide. It occurs naturally in the roots and stems of several plants such as the jicama vine plant.

It is commonly used in powdered or emulsified liquid form in fisheries management to remove unwanted fish species,[3] such as the eradication of exotic fish from non-native habitats.

Rotenone is used by biologists all over north america to get rid of unwanted species of fish.

Here is a story from 2007 down south in California about a lake that they wanted to get rid of the pike. http://articles.sfgate.com/2007-10-03/bay-area/17267130_1_northern-pike-pike-problem-rainbow-trout It was just an interesting read to hear their point of view on the pike. The funniest line in the whole article was the fact of what percentage of pike they actually killed. Only 8%. Yet the title to their article was "Lake poisoning seems to have worked to kill invasive pike". Interesting that they saw them as being such a threat and then found only 8% pike was a such a success.

Rob

spopadyn
06-24-2010, 02:25 PM
You've tried time and time again to net these fish and keep them under control. There is only one thing will fix this problem. Rotenone

Rob

There is one other - put some pike in there. Let them clean up the perch. Those pike in Hasse sure looked fat and well feed.

Braun
06-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Wouldnt walleye feed on the perch. Eyes are a much better tasting fish

Fishingnutter
06-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Wouldnt walleye feed on the perch. Eyes are a much better tasting fish

The Perch predate (<sp?) the Rainbow.

What if you literally bowl/seine net the whole lake,,, there are a lot of forum people who could help and help release the bows. Greek tuna gathering style.

Kingfisher
06-24-2010, 02:51 PM
I think Sundancefisher can answer this one better than anyone. But I believe that Lake Sundance has always been a trout fishery from day one. Someone introduced perch into the lake. The idea is to get rid of them. Not to introduce yet another species to the lake like walleye or pike.

Rob

Braun
06-24-2010, 02:55 PM
The Perch predate (<sp?) the Rainbow.

What if you literally bowl/seine net the whole lake,,, there are a lot of forum people who could help and help release the bows. Greek tuna gathering style.

Ya i had thought of that too but thought it was a pretty big lake though. i wonder if you could get the fish hatchies help and maybe they would even be willing to take some of the perch off your hands and move them to somewhere they would be wanted. like carburn. the pike in there are small and could use lots of food to munch on.

jesse34567
06-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Ya i had thought of that too but thought it was a pretty big lake though. i wonder if you could get the fish hatchies help and maybe they would even be willing to take some of the perch off your hands and move them to somewhere they would be wanted. like carburn. the pike in there are small and could use lots of food to munch on.

carburn or even PCR could use all of those perch

Sundancefisher
06-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Wow...lots of questions...all have been answered before but let's revisit. I am sure some people are new to the world of illegal perch introductions.

1) Can't move perch...too many concerns about disease...plus you may not be putting the best genetics in that lake for a viable fishery.

2) Only F&W should introduce fish after careful study.

3) Lake Sundance was always a trout fishery. Vandals illegally introduced them to our lake

4) Introducing pike or walleye while it sounds nice is both illegal and impractical. Pike will eat a skinny trout before a spiny perch any day. Walleye and pike would be killed so fast it would make you head spin. Pike would reproduce...therefore have the same problem. Lake Sundance is only permitted to have Rainbow Trout in the Calgary Corridor.

5) Seining the whole lake...you get the seine...I will bring the pizza and beer at my house later! The seine costs $$ which I have no budget for.

6) Yes rotenone is a better solution in many respects...problem is perception and current perception is that I can't get this as a solution. I am alone on this :shark:.

7) Yes...we still have perch in the lake. That will NEVER change based upon our efforts. We are looking for control. We have seen an impact on perch numbers and size. Scientifically speaking I can not show this statistically yet but we see it in our own observations. While I can catch 30 perch fishing in the evening now...last year I caught 80 or 90. Last year they were about 6 inches on average...this past winter and spring closer to 8 inches. I never said this was not a LONG TERM project. Persistance is key for sure :snapoutofit:

8) We are not the only one with a perch problem. Many public lakes have a similar problem with illegal perch introductions.

9) I tried to find a way to sell these commercially to help pay for equipment. While it was a possibility...I required a licenced fish processing facility to do this with. I could not find one.

10) I would love to set the nets and try pulling on Sat...if I was to do that...anyone interested? With the water warmer I would need to pull the nets every 2 days or else trout die. I want perch to die :fighting0021:

Braun
06-24-2010, 04:09 PM
I would be interested but it looks like saturday is my busiest day this weekend. grrr. I would definitely be in if i can be. if you do want some help nailing them on a regular basis though i could most definitely offer a hand

FishingFrenzy
06-24-2010, 04:55 PM
If you want some hill billy fishing advice here it is: Git some dynamite :bad_boys_20:

One day i'll try and get out to sundance to help out!

npauls
06-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Do you have a water inlet and outlet at your lake? If so it could be that the water is coming from irragation which will have perch, pike, walleye, and possibly white fish in it. This is what happened at riverstone here in lethbridge. It was suppose to be a little put and take trout lake in a new community and they fed it with irragation water and now there is stocked bows every year and a ton of perch with some pike roaming around. I am not trying to start an argument or anything I was just wondering if maybe you were having the same problem and maybe it really wasn't the bucket brigade.

Nate

Mudslide
06-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Have you explored the possibility of electric shock? That would allow you to keep the trout and cull the perch. Just a thought.

DarkAisling
06-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Do you have a water inlet and outlet at your lake?

Nada.

DuckBrat
06-24-2010, 06:45 PM
IS SUNDANCE LAKE in a private housing development?

moosemad
06-24-2010, 07:05 PM
Stupid question maybe but what if you let nature take it's course. If it turns into a perch lake with some trout, so be it. At least everyone could bring out their kids and catch fish. Catching a trout would take a better angler unless the perch push them out. Sometimes quauntity is better than quality. :scared0018:

Sundancefisher
06-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Stupid question maybe but what if you let nature take it's course. If it turns into a perch lake with some trout, so be it. At least everyone could bring out their kids and catch fish. Catching a trout would take a better angler unless the perch push them out. Sometimes quauntity is better than quality. :scared0018:

Okay...more answers :sHa_shakeshout:

1) Yes...Sundance is in Calgary and is a private community. I think you will find many of my forum fishing friends have been out for some winter perch ice fishing fun!

2) Dynamite...man would that ever be fun...

3) Can't let nature takes it course or else we have no trout and only 4 inch perch to catch. No fishery...just a big waste all round. Look up SRD perch stunting. http://www.mywildalberta.com/documents/Survey_unwanted_perch_Jan2009.pdf

4) No inlet...no outlet. Only way in is a bucket. People can come up with many wives tales on alternative theories...but think about it...if it was that easy for nature to move fish around...in the last million years...perch would of moved into every lake in Alberta...that is not the case...

Hope that answers the next round.

Cheers

Sun

baitfisher83
06-24-2010, 08:16 PM
I think it's time for a Sundance sticky thread..lol

Trey
06-24-2010, 08:31 PM
I think it's time for a Sundance sticky thread..lol

i agree, cause i wanna make it out for some perch removal, but it usually happens on days that im busy, so i cant help if i cant make it that day

baitfisher83
06-24-2010, 08:58 PM
I gotta get to more of them too I think, and maybe they should have a big perch fry there one time

Sundancefisher
06-24-2010, 09:18 PM
I gotta get to more of them too I think, and maybe they should have a big perch fry there one time

If we get people a few deep fryers...some volunteers and some filleters..I am all for trying to get a fish fry. The kids can play on the beach while the parents fillet...

Then deep fried salt and pepper perch till we can't eat am more!

baitfisher83
06-24-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm really bad at filleting..lol so cant help ya with that part

ice
06-24-2010, 11:10 PM

Rotenone is used by biologists all over north america to get rid of unwanted species of fish.

Here is a story from 2007 down south in California about a lake that they wanted to get rid of the pike. http://articles.sfgate.com/2007-10-03/bay-area/17267130_1_northern-pike-pike-problem-rainbow-trout It was just an interesting read to hear their point of view on the pike. The funniest line in the whole article was the fact of what percentage of pike they actually killed. Only 8%. Yet the title to their article was "Lake poisoning seems to have worked to kill invasive pike". Interesting that they saw them as being such a threat and then found only 8% pike was a such a success.

Rob

See the way I see somthing like that if the ecosystem in that area can't support a pike population then none of the lakes in that area would. Then my opinion would be scrap the lake in terms of native fish and stock a ton of perch whether it be yellow or any species that can survive in those waters to sustain a diet for the pike so it dosent explode into a over pop. If that dosent work then intoduce other species also in an attemp to balance the lake in terms of a pike/perch or even mabe walleye fishery. If Alberta can sustain it. Then is it not worth a try before jumping on the costly rotenone treatment. I know there is probobly a ton of facts that Im overseeing. But hell. The fish deserve the benifet of the doubt. People jump on the poison factor too quick.
And I'm not saying this tactic should be applyd on this particular lake. But mabey instead of poisoning a once trout fishery apply to a lake that has comletely winter killed and once again replenished it's water levels. In short form. Try and balance the lakes succomed to illegall stocking an possibly stock the lakes that have been killed off naturally with species such as trout or whatever. A trout fisherman will go where need be to catch trout just a a pike fisherman will go anywhere to catch pike. Most of these fisheries being invaded were stocked to begin with because there close and convienient

My two cents

Ice

ice
06-24-2010, 11:26 PM
And. Also before I get jumped on All over I realize california is a desert not subceptibal to winter kill kill my points are based on Canadian provinces and lower states. Not the deep south . All I'm saying is **** it why not try.

Kingfisher
06-25-2010, 01:10 AM
Ice I understand your points. But it is a private lake that was only ever intended to have trout in it. Someone illegally stocked perch in it. So they want to try to remove the perch and return it to it's original state. End of story.

The poision idea wasn't something that is a knee jerk reaction. I'm sure Sundancefisher will gladly tell you how much time he's personally invested in trying to rid the lake of perch. I wouldn't want to guess. He has more sticktoitiveness than I have seen in years. Good on you Sundancefisher. Keep trying. Maybe just maybe you'll make a difference. Then again those perch breed like rabbits.

Rob

italk2u
06-25-2010, 08:56 AM
Here's another thought that I'm not sure has been brought up here.
Each species in the world reproduces to keep itself going...but what if there is some sort of chemical out there that turns them off of reproducing? perfectly harmless to them and the trout, but just stops the reproductive urge? It wouldn't matter to the trout because they can't reproduce anyway.
I am not an icthyologist, but Sundancefisher, i think it might be something worth looking into.
I believe it's been tried on some species of animals or mammals and worked.
Why not perch, too?
In fact, come to think of it, it's been used in some prisons around the world. i think it's called "chemical castration"? Could there be a perch version out there??????

DarkAisling
06-25-2010, 09:42 AM
He has more sticktoitiveness than I have seen in years. Good on you Sundancefisher. Keep trying. Maybe just maybe you'll make a difference. Then again those perch breed like rabbits.

Sun is the most driven and ambitious person I have ever met.

(I don't think he's 100% right in the head . . . shhhh! ;))

Sundancefisher
06-25-2010, 11:11 AM
See the way I see somthing like that if the ecosystem in that area can't support a pike population then none of the lakes in that area would. Then my opinion would be scrap the lake in terms of native fish and stock a ton of perch whether it be yellow or any species that can survive in those waters to sustain a diet for the pike so it dosent explode into a over pop. If that dosent work then intoduce other species also in an attemp to balance the lake in terms of a pike/perch or even mabe walleye fishery. If Alberta can sustain it. Then is it not worth a try before jumping on the costly rotenone treatment. I know there is probobly a ton of facts that Im overseeing. But hell. The fish deserve the benifet of the doubt. People jump on the poison factor too quick.
And I'm not saying this tactic should be applyd on this particular lake. But mabey instead of poisoning a once trout fishery apply to a lake that has comletely winter killed and once again replenished it's water levels. In short form. Try and balance the lakes succomed to illegall stocking an possibly stock the lakes that have been killed off naturally with species such as trout or whatever. A trout fisherman will go where need be to catch trout just a a pike fisherman will go anywhere to catch pike. Most of these fisheries being invaded were stocked to begin with because there close and convienient

My two cents

Ice

I think you seem to be jumping to many conclusions without understanding the facts. We are not talking about Pigeon Lake but rather much smaller man made lake. A 33 acre lake or any pot hole lake for that matter is too small to sustain any harvest of pike or walleye yet maintaining a high enough population to control perch. Therefore this is not even an option for creating or maintaining a quality fishery. This does not even begin to tackle the issue about it being illegal to privately stock pike and walleye nor the difficulty in getting stock to try it. The perch are illegally stocked. This size of lake is really only suitable from a fisheries perspective for trout. Rotenone is a product derived from a bean plant root. It is well studied and restocking could occur after about 2 weeks. It has been noted that rotenoned suckers have fed hundreds of pelicans at other sites with no ill effects. It is a specific toxin for fish only. Even invertebrates are fine.

Your post is somewhat difficult to comprehend/understand what you are trying to say but I hope this simple response covers it. If not... please reform your thought a different way and I will try and tackle it again.

Cheers

Sun

Son of Sniglett
07-03-2010, 12:10 AM
This Perch genocide kick you guys are on is getting a little old. How about spending you time and energy actually fishing some good lakes?

No more perch bonking and perch eradication nonsense.

The first few (hundred) posts were funny . . . maybe, but now the discussion is weak and lame.

Give it a rest already.

Altafisher
07-03-2010, 02:33 AM
Can anyone go fish for the perch there? Would love to take my friends kids there to remove a few of them. More information. I would go alot if its okay for outsiders to do it.

AK47
07-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Can anyone go fish for the perch there? Would love to take my friends kids there to remove a few of them. More information. I would go alot if its okay for outsiders to do it.

There, simple solution, let non community members fish for perch only.... In winter alone there would be thousands of perch removed and no harm done to trout population.

jts1
07-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Here's another thought that I'm not sure has been brought up here.
Each species in the world reproduces to keep itself going...but what if there is some sort of chemical out there that turns them off of reproducing? perfectly harmless to them and the trout, but just stops the reproductive urge? It wouldn't matter to the trout because they can't reproduce anyway.
I am not an icthyologist, but Sundancefisher, i think it might be something worth looking into.
I believe it's been tried on some species of animals or mammals and worked.
Why not perch, too?
In fact, come to think of it, it's been used in some prisons around the world. i think it's called "chemical castration"? Could there be a perch version out there??????

Huh sounds like you are talking about marrage. Thats it just get all the lil perch married. That is sure to stop any breeding I assure you

Sundance I am off Mon - Thurs this week coming. Could get a few of them lil guys out of there for ya, I have not been out fished in a while. Maybe we could get Badback out as well

Deano85
07-03-2010, 03:04 PM
The only solution i see is stock it with a bunch of 5 pound rainbows :D .

baitfisher83
07-03-2010, 05:09 PM
There's plenty of huge bows in there.....I don't think they'll control the perch population.....Browns on the other hand probably would..

redneck posse
07-03-2010, 05:54 PM
sundance get a family of cormorants on the lake 7 of them wiped out a buddies trout pond in 3 months. He put 250 trout in his dug out may 1st cormorants landed in mid may. he went for a swim yesterday didnt see a trout.

Sundancefisher
07-03-2010, 08:33 PM
If 7 ate 250 trout...how many do you need to kill 250,000 perch? Can 7000 cormorants fit on our lake? That would probably hit the environmental news highlight reel!

There is no easy way to manage the perch within our mandate. You just end up pulling out your hair in frustration:angry3:

Arguing over who should be allowed to post what also beg the question why people are just not more selective in their reading choices :thinking-006:

As for getting people out...:sign0161: Apparently some people are new and did not come ice fishing.

For now...we can just keep writing about the fun! :test:

baitfisher83
07-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Can't wait to ice fish for them again next season...

DarkAisling
07-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Huh sounds like you are talking about marrage. Thats it just get all the lil perch married. That is sure to stop any breeding I assure you

So Jeff, how's married life treating you? :lol:

There is no easy way to manage the perch within our mandate. You just end up pulling out your hair in frustration:angry3:

What exactly is the mandate?

sealevel
07-04-2010, 07:13 AM
nothing will control those perch without natural enemies. I live in salmon arm BC. And some enterprising person has been stocking perch. A nice little lake close to me was just rotinouned last oct . This lake was a fabulous trout lake 10 years ago . Our F&G club worked hard trying to get rid of them buggers.

They literally killed the lake of everything . They eat all the bugs , no birds nested their anymore . Anyway when it was poisoned their was only 40 trout left in a lake that once had 12 pound and bigger brookies and bows .

jts1
07-04-2010, 08:24 AM
So Jeff, how's married life treating you?

Oh its all good. I am just being sassy. Between the move and my new job life has been busy. I kept the recipt for the wife so I can make a return if need be :scared0018:

Sundancefisher
07-04-2010, 10:14 PM
So Jeff, how's married life treating you? :lol:

What exactly is the mandate?

Jeff...did you promise to love, honor, obey and let her keeping out fishing you?

The mandate is to net, promote killing perch etc...not rotenone. Try to hammer them hard enough to make a difference. We know we can't get rid of them...but can we do something to stop stunting?

Calgaryguy1977
07-04-2010, 11:05 PM
So is it open to the public?...hell just open it to us forum members. I think it's safe to say most of us exercise honest and fair fishing acumen.

Sundancefisher
07-05-2010, 04:25 PM
So is it open to the public?...hell just open it to us forum members. I think it's safe to say most of us exercise honest and fair fishing acumen.

And that is why I personally invited many of you last year...not to mention other Sundance AOF members invited some also.

aulrich
07-05-2010, 04:53 PM
And some fun icefishing it was, thanks to you sundance and my buddy that lives there too.

Not to forget oagie who got me going straight gear/technique wise.

gprime27
07-05-2010, 06:58 PM
I'll bring a bucket just let me know where. My uncle wants some perch bad

newfierefugee
07-06-2010, 11:35 AM
You're fighting a losing battle for sure...

But silly question, have you ever considered fishtraps? Heck of alot easier than netting.

I assume the trout are bigger than any of the perch in there?

aulrich
07-06-2010, 01:29 PM
That's what he uses, there are a couple of "perch control" threads that have some pic's from spring.

I had run in's with two very nice trout while I was trying for the perch both got away on me.

raceu4it
07-06-2010, 04:29 PM
big thanks to sundance for a great nite of perch fishing, which i haven't done for about 25 years. looking forward to the no limit catch.

sorry sundancer, only had 62 perch, ran out at the "n" for spelling, guess i'll have to improve on my catching abilities, so i can post a proper thanks you.

Sundancefisher
07-06-2010, 08:55 PM
big thanks to sundance for a great nite of perch fishing, which i haven't done for about 25 years. looking forward to the no limit catch.

sorry sundancer, only had 62 perch, ran out at the "n" for spelling, guess i'll have to improve on my catching abilities, so i can post a proper thanks you.

LOL

to funny.

You certainly know how to catch them tasty striped critters! Now I know you can spell and are artistic...

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Youd think there were enough newfies on this forum that that lake should be perch free by now . Hell why eat smelts when you could do the same damn thing with perch minus the spine .

Shaggy
07-07-2010, 07:31 AM
I have 3 kids here this week (5, 9, and 10) that would love to thin the perch herd a bit if you are inviting.

Sundancefisher
07-07-2010, 08:34 AM
I have 3 kids here this week (5, 9, and 10) that would love to thin the perch herd a bit if you are inviting.

Perch fishing with kids in the Summer is hard. They can be difficult to catch if you can't finesse fish. Bites can be fast and subtle. That being said it is easier for them in the Winter. Therefore I will have to postpone taking the kids out until ice fishing season.

Cheers

Sun

beermilk
07-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Youd think there were enough newfies on this forum that that lake should be perch free by now . Hell why eat smelts when you could do the same damn thing with perch minus the spine .

Its ignorant comments like this one that is turning me off from this forum. now i dont post a lot but i do read alot and BBJ i my mind was one of most informative posters on here but the last few days increasing number of "Core" members we will say have been shooting off their mouths about east coasters and its time the mods do something about it.

I dont come on here and bash albertans just because i met a few bad apples since i been here and you guys shouldnt do the same. how would you like it if the east coasters came on here calling all you guys a bunch of dunk lazy people who dont wanna go to work...... just because there is a few doesnt mean everone is like it. so please tone it down and dont descriminate against all east coaster because of a few.

baitfisher83
07-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Oh Oh, Johnny's in trouble....everyone duck..

Sundancefisher
07-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Its ignorant comments like this one that is turning me off from this forum. now i dont post a lot but i do read alot and BBJ i my mind was one of most informative posters on here but the last few days increasing number of "Core" members we will say have been shooting off their mouths about east coasters and its time the mods do something about it.

I dont come on here and bash albertans just because i met a few bad apples since i been here and you guys shouldnt do the same. how would you like it if the east coasters came on here calling all you guys a bunch of dunk lazy people who dont wanna go to work...... just because there is a few doesnt mean everone is like it. so please tone it down and dont descriminate against all east coaster because of a few.

I hate Albertans :argue2:. During Stampede in Calgary they drink and party too much and are often too lazy to return to work...

Please beermilk...you are jumping into a thread in which many of us know BBJ or have been posted together for years. I don't think anyone here feels he is bashing...maybe lost humor on most...bashing...only you are getting blown out of proportion.

It is posts like yours that inflames the masses...starts fights and get innocent threads where people chat mindlessly shut down for no real good reason.

Sometimes I think people think it is a game to start on online fight just to see how badly it blows up.

Think the best of people rather interpret the worst. :sign0161:

Cheers

Sun

beermilk
07-07-2010, 02:07 PM
I hate Albertans :argue2:. During Stampede in Calgary they drink and party too much and are often too lazy to return to work...

Please beermilk...you are jumping into a thread in which many of us know BBJ or have been posted together for years. I don't think anyone here feels he is bashing...maybe lost humor on most...bashing...only you are getting blown out of proportion.

It is posts like yours that inflames the masses...starts fights and get innocent threads where people chat mindlessly shut down for no real good reason.

Sometimes I think people think it is a game to start on online fight just to see how badly it blows up.

Think the best of people rather interpret the worst. :sign0161:

Cheers

Sun

bashing east coasters on here as become a trend as of late and bbj and anyone else little pot shots do not help the situation.

maybe i have been seeing more of it as of late because of the "real fishing" thread which was dumb for him to make. but just because one east coaster makes a dumb comment. doesnt mean all are grouped together.

yes you are probbaly right that BBJ was just trying to be funny. i have been visting these forums for last few years and have read many post by him but he has to relize that these post do not help the situation and just start a whole another bash east coaster threads that eventualy get deleted by the mods as well. so why even say somthing like that ??

baitfisher83
07-07-2010, 02:34 PM
what usually starts the arguments are the over-emotional crowd who take everything as extremely offensive when it's not. I know BBJ personally and generally he's just a big joker. Stop being so senstive already.

Calgaryguy1977
07-07-2010, 02:47 PM
In beermilk's defence, he said how would you feel if he said that. Basically saying how would you like comments like that. I see nothing he said that is wrong. He is just making a point. He said a few bad apples have that attitude and its turning him away from the forums. He didn't attack albertans.

baitfisher83
07-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Honestly it wouldn't bother me, i've had character assessments<that go on for pages from someone on here> on this board before, it won't stop me from coming back. I've just learned to ignore the "holier than thou" crowd or just the plain out *******s...

jts1
07-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Here we go again. Guess its been a while since someone got to stomp there feet to there room and slam the door. Open public forum... You will never agree with or like all comments

spinerfisher
07-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Here we go again. Guess its been a while since someone got to stomp there feet to there room and slam the door. Open public forum... You will never agree with or like all comments

XXXX2 for sure....

Jamie
07-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Sundance.
Who is stopping you from killing the lake?

If you need another vote at the Annual meeting, let me know and I can round up my neighboors.
Lots of contacts in Sundance.

Seems like it is the best and only way to go.
Good forbid these AZZHATS hit other lakes.
BTW, what lakes have been hit?

Thanks
Jamie