PDA

View Full Version : You know what really grinds my gears?

Braun
06-24-2010, 01:46 PM
I was down fishing along the bow and was just shocked at the amount of beer cans on the banks. I don't blame guys. A beer while fishing is truely the perfect concept. But take your emptys with you. And I'm not talking about seeing a can here or there. There were Multiple piles of 5/6 cans clearly all from the same people. I know there are always going to be people who don't respect the waters they fish but I just don't get it and I wish that sometimes I could catch them and give them a good swift kick in the *****.

walleyechaser
06-24-2010, 01:58 PM
agreed, I dont mind a beer while fishing just got to clean up. No mater how far into the bush we go, we always find emties.

go-big-or-go-home
06-24-2010, 02:14 PM
i never could understand that myself, sure a guy could acidently forget a can of their woblly pop, but enough to fill a depot ??? :sign0176: like come on people. i share your anger on this issue lol

kidd
06-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Its no different than anywhere else or any other beverage. I was down at the local bike track the other day. Its run by volunteers. So many spectators leave their water bottles and pop can on the grass and in the bleachers. But they dont get it that someone has to go and pick that stuff up. At the Bow, theres nobody to pick it up except you and I. Thats why its lying around everywhere. Just cant keep up.
Some people's kids.
kidd

Fishingnutter
06-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Its no different than anywhere else or any other beverage. I was down at the local bike track the other day. Its run by volunteers. So many spectators leave their water bottles and pop can on the grass and in the bleachers. But they dont get it that someone has to go and pick that stuff up. At the Bow, theres nobody to pick it up except you and I. Thats why its lying around everywhere. Just cant keep up.
Some people's kids.
kidd

I think they think it's a donation for the bottle depot, it's exceedingly strict on the coast,, saw a guy grilled for flicking a butt into the big salt. I always pack other peoples crap away,, my gripe is wads of line, not only for the animals but for fishing safety at higher water on the river.

Braun
06-24-2010, 09:33 PM
ya i know what you mean. Line is bad but i can see how that happens. get a birds nest, fix it and put it in your box then go to switch lures and pull it out and to the side, catch a few and its forgotten. doesnt justify it but i can see it more than a stack of beercans.