PDA

View Full Version : Antelope WMUS... Please help!!!!

mountain man 300 win
06-24-2010, 05:20 PM
I am gonna put in for antelope this year, Knowing it is the last day to put in I need some help.

Where around lethbridge is a good WMU for antelope? I am in need of an answer!!! Thanks guys!

Rackmastr
06-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Wow...talk about last minute....

Take a look at a map and pick one of the spots.....I'm sure you arent too picky if you're looking with a few hours left in the draw.

All depends on priority you've got, distance from Lethbridge you want to be, and what type of hunt you're looking for....

duffy4
06-24-2010, 05:45 PM
If this is your first year putting in an antelope draw then it doesn't matter what zone you put in, you will not get drawn.

I'd recommend putting in for non-trophy as well as trophy. You will get non-trophy sooner and it is a great "dress-rhersal" for a trophy antelope hunt later on when you get that permit.

Drop_Tine
06-24-2010, 05:51 PM
the zone south of taber 112

wayne
06-24-2010, 07:02 PM
the zone south of taber 112

That's good to hear!
I applied for that zone with a priority 7 - just in the process of finding out EID land access.
Got any info on public lands and size of bucks down there you would care to point out Drop Tine?

mulecrazy
06-24-2010, 07:21 PM
That's good to hear!
I applied for that zone with a priority 7 - just in the process of finding out EID land access.
Got any info on public lands and size of bucks down there you would care to point out Drop Tine?

you will be hard pressed to find more than an acre of public land in that zone. It is all farm land or lease land. best bet is to head down early and start knocking on doors. most ranchers and farmers are willing to grant permission.

mountain man 300 win
06-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Yepp sure was last minute, I put in for a few areas.