PDA

View Full Version : Draws question,..what else is new..

Arn?Narn.
06-24-2010, 07:24 PM
I rarely put in for draws but I have a question..

If I Put in a for a cow moose draw, Bull Moose draw and calf...

and I'm priority 7 accross the board

If I get the bull Moose,.. do I lose my priority on the others?

elkhunter11
06-24-2010, 07:33 PM
If you put in for three moose draws,either you get a call from the draw people telling you that you can't put in for more than one moose draw,or they simply toss out your applications,and you get no priority for any moose draw.Read page 14 of the draw booklet,it quite plainly states that you can only apply for one moose draw.If you apply for one moose draw,and are drawn,you lose only your priority for that draw code.

bingo1010
06-24-2010, 07:34 PM
i believe you are allowed to put in for 1 only

Arn?Narn.
06-24-2010, 07:55 PM
ok thanks

here is the final question...I have put in for anterless moose in az one.

I now want to put in for anterless elk in the same zone,...but it is not offering me the WMU. However it is a valid WMU...actually a few of the MUS are missing.

Advice?

for example,...356, 357, 358, 355...none of those are there to choose from..

James M
06-24-2010, 08:03 PM
I don't have the draw book handy but most of the time when you can't choose that WMU for the draw application....its because there are multiple seasons in that zone and you need the correct code for whichever season you wish to hunt.

elkhunter11
06-24-2010, 08:05 PM
I now want to put in for anterless elk in the same zone,...but it is not offering me the WMU. However it is a valid WMU...actually a few of the MUS are missing.

For those wmus,there are two or three possible seasons for antlerless elk,so you need to enter the proper code,not the wmu.

Raptor
06-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Page 27 in the draw booklet will give you those WMU codes.

Arn?Narn.
06-24-2010, 08:52 PM
How do you put in the code... I' not doing it right obviously.

I have selected anterless elk, 19... then I get the three drop boxes for priorities. In box 1 I click the drop box, but The WMU's i want aren't there...othres are..

elkhunter11
06-24-2010, 08:55 PM
I have selected anterless elk, 19... then I get the three drop boxes for priorities. In box 1 I click the drop box, but The WMU's i want aren't there...othres are..

You aren't understanding the previous posts,for any wmu with multiple seasons,you don't use the actual wmu,you use the season code in place of the wmu.

Arn?Narn.
06-24-2010, 09:02 PM
You aren't understanding the previous posts,for any wmu with multiple seasons,you don't use the actual wmu,you use the season code in place of the wmu.

ahhh, I got it done now...

So how does the draw work when you put in for a group...

I am looking at last years draw info and some of the WMU's in the group went to zero priority some only went down to 4 priority...

I can only hunt in two of th WMU's listed in the group of 10 or so...

elkhunter11
06-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Priority is assigned by draw code,not by wmu.If you draw a tag under a specific draw code,your priority goes to zero for that draw code,wmu has nothing to do with it.I don't know what you are referring to by groups of wmus,most special,licenses are valid in only one wmu.If ten wmus are listed next to a season date,it means that those season dates are the same for that group of wmus,it doesn't mean that the special license is valid in all of those wmus.

It sounds like you really need to sit down and learn the rules for the draws,well BEFORE the draw deadline.:rolleye2:

Arn?Narn.
06-24-2010, 10:20 PM
well I guess it help if I was looking under the right species!!!!!!!

Got em in and submitted...

I used to do General tag Moose with my buddy, Genral Tag elk, General tag White tail and supp. General Tag Mulies, ...and once again this year for the first in along time,...general sheep.

A special circumstance presented itself this year and I am now in for Cow elk and cow moose draws...things will work out either way drawn or not,..but I sure hope to get either the moose or elk cow...

FallAirFever
06-26-2010, 12:38 AM
good luck on your draws...
personally I hope that you get your cow moose draw. Oh and if you find a bull moose while your at it I might know a guy that would be interested in that kind of info! ;)

Arn?Narn.
06-26-2010, 06:47 AM
good luck on your draws...
personally I hope that you get your cow moose draw. Oh and if you find a bull moose while your at it I might know a guy that would be interested in that kind of info! ;)

Don't you worry,... and your beer is still in the fridge...:)

I hope I draw too,... I have a zero priority and have had that for many many years...suppose I could have been 999 ing it,..but I'm pretty happy with the general tags I can get here, so I haven;t bothered (foolish of me now that I think about it)

this year a unique situation presented itself and well, me and a few others are in for cow tags...

While I don't really care what I'm in for too much,..a couple of the guys really stepped up...possibly losing the chance for bulls..

But enough on that,..It's Saturday Morning 645 am and the little guy is dressed, fed and spinning like a Tornado!!!!...time to go get some wood and let Mommy have a sleep in...

Also,..thanks to everyone who phoned me to help me with putting in for the tags. Some of you guys have this draw system down to science...WOW!

Got your message this morning Joel,... cell phone was down...thanks. :)

Mike

Pathfinder76
06-26-2010, 08:59 AM
And here I thout you were priority 7 across the board.:thinking-006:

ishootbambi
06-26-2010, 09:22 AM

i noticed that myself.....:thinking-006:

Arn?Narn.
06-26-2010, 12:28 PM

Thought I was... then when I did that alberta relm or whatever the online site is...I found I was not...

It's been 8 years since I drew a tag,..didn't fill it..it was on a party licenseI wasn't putting in for any draws or 999's.. since.

as i said, I do much with draws as is obvious.... general tags have always been my bread and butter..

edit: I also wondered how you knew what priority I thought I was...
I see where the question came from now...

In my first post I was just using 7 as an example (but I did also Think I was a 7 priority)... and when I said 7 accross the board, I actually meant accross the animals I mentioned..Bull Moose, Cow moose, and calf..

I know it doesn't work that way now...

thanksfor your interest :)