PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the 2010 Salmon thread?

Rockymtnx
06-25-2010, 01:52 AM
Any idea what happened to the 2010 Salmon thread?

blackpheasant
06-25-2010, 02:13 AM
They shut it down...

Mike_W
06-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Why did it get shut down? and completely removed?
I was looking for it the other day.

Walleyes
06-25-2010, 07:15 PM
They shut it down...

????

What in heavens sake for...

dss44
06-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Apparently I along with some others were using it for advertising or something.... ???

Rockymtnx
06-26-2010, 12:49 AM
Apparently I along with some others were using it for advertising or something.... ???

So if dss44 and others were using it for "advertising", could those posts not be removed? There were many things on that thread I learned this year. It put me in contact with a lot of people who helped answer some questions. I was also hoping to post an update and pics from my current trip.

Walleyes
06-26-2010, 12:59 AM
Holy sh!t !!!! the gustomoe are keeping a pretty close eye on us boys.. Censorship to the fullest..

Thx boys nothing like being watched to make a guy feel welcome..

blackpheasant
06-26-2010, 01:50 AM
Ya it's to bad they went and pulled it...it was a great thread

SNAPFisher
06-26-2010, 04:42 AM
Just got up and finishing packing the truck and boat for Sooke. Planning to stay though next week. Hope things work out. I'll report back.

Tofinofish
06-26-2010, 08:29 AM
Just got up and finishing packing the truck and boat for Sooke. Planning to stay though next week. Hope things work out. I'll report back.

You should have a great trip Snapfisher. WCVI has been providing steady action. The last few days have slowed up a little compared to the last few weeks, maybe due in part to a dropping barometer and tides combined. There are still piles of Salmon showing on the screen, with lots of bait so I'm sure they will get hungry again soon. For the ones that are a little tight lipped here, they should be really hungry by the time they reach Sooke..Safe Travels

I hope responses like this are OK with the Mods as I try and keep "advertising" content to my paid space on the site and sponsors forum. I agree with Walleyes/BP and others that some content in the thread should have been very useful to guys planning and dreaming about the salmon season, so hopefully there is an opportunity for this to continue. Meanwhile, I'll keep reports for West Coast Vancouver Island on my sponsored page (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=40).

Most of the coast is looking great for Salmon action, and all of you should enjoy good fishing wherever you end up.

J.

wapiti11
06-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Why pull the whole thread? If some posts are deemed unsuitable, than pull those posts?? I too found the thread very useful and informative, such as the previous post by Tofinofish.
Thanks Tfish.

Jamie
06-26-2010, 11:41 AM
I think it hurts the advertisers here by NOT talking about Salmon fishing..
But I can see Robs point.

I leave in 5 more days for 3 solid days of Day tripping out of Ruppert.
Sounds like they are hitting everything out there.
If a guy can get some good weather, perhaps we can head way out and look for some monster Halis.

Jamie

lippy
06-27-2010, 09:23 AM
get on the sportfishbc forum...you will get all the info. you need on that site.fyi.

fisher Gord
06-27-2010, 12:35 PM
I will be fishing out of Port Renfrew 1st and 2nd of Aug. I can hardly wait, i want to go NOW.