PDA

View Full Version : cardiff pond update

captain_k
06-25-2010, 02:23 AM
Well was out there today, water was about 4 feet low and alot more weeds. ALOT. worst ive ever seen there. Fish are still in the 6-8 inch size and these people beside me had 8 or 9 on a string.. :sign0176:

Darren N
06-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Sometimes when I see those people with a string of small fish, I feel like throwing five bucks at them and telling them to pick up a fish at Safeway on the way home if your that desperate.

Fishingnutter
06-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Sometimes when I see those people with a string of small fish, I feel like throwing five bucks at them and telling them to pick up a fish at Safeway on the way home if your that desperate.

ice fishing at chain lakes south, a guy yelled at me for releasing fish, they are sooo small there but i did catch 1 14inch rainbow that i kept and ate. is it urban legend or were bull trout introduced to chain lakes?

Dak1138
06-25-2010, 04:56 PM
i was out last sunday and the water looks higher than last year,and the weeds were only bad near the shore. i caught one fish at about 11 am , he was about 11" and fat. unfortunately he was bleeding pretty good and as i was watching him floating belly up i noticed the tip of my new rod broke off. not a really happy day of fishing.

Darren N
06-25-2010, 06:39 PM
ice fishing at chain lakes south, a guy yelled at me for releasing fish, they are sooo small there but i did catch 1 14inch rainbow that i kept and ate. is it urban legend or were bull trout introduced to chain lakes?

I have annoyed a few people as well releasing in front of them. I would check the stocking report, but most of the stocked lakes nearby are just rainbows I believe.