PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fish Leduc resevior?

Darren N
06-25-2010, 12:37 PM
I fished there 25 years ago like everyone else with a pickeral rig set up. Went back 25 years later and nobody fishing, not much access to fish, and all the residents says nobody fishes here. No trout rising at all... Yet it is stocked every year and shows up as a place to fish in the regulation guide. I now fly fish and I'm interested in trying it out, and knowing do I need my pontoon boat or fish off shore? Anyone can help?

boot
06-25-2010, 03:10 PM
I tried out Leduc Lake a few weeks ago and like you said... nobody was there and no risers. I had a float tube with me, but I stood on the shore and looked around for about 10-15 minutes and there was absolutely no evidence of fish in that lake. Anyhow, I trolled around with a small leech pattern for about an hour, but during that entire time, I didn't see a single fish rise and had no hits.

Anyone else have any better luck out there. Any fish sightings at all?

Ace
06-25-2010, 03:32 PM
I took my little boy out for his first canoe trip on Father's Day. Saw a school of about 8 or so little 'bows swirling about 5' from shore.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/1027/301el.jpg

If you look close you can see a few in there.

See ya
Ace

Safety D
06-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Its dead !!!!

buckmasterjr
06-25-2010, 05:18 PM
Its dead !!!!

if you look at safety d 's posts most of them say its dead

Darren N
06-25-2010, 06:44 PM

I noticed that too on the Sylvan lake discussion

goober
06-25-2010, 07:23 PM

Most?? Don't you mean all!!

trooper
06-25-2010, 07:28 PM
I fished it a number of times and nothing. I flyfish, trolled a wooley bugger and did everything I could think of and still no bites. there were pelicans on the reservoir which indicates to me that fish are there, probably stickleback. The regs say that the res is stocked, but I think they are out to lunch.

Safety D
06-25-2010, 09:00 PM
Well it is. go out there and post a report !! You will say the same !!!

DaveFish
06-25-2010, 11:18 PM
I took my little boy out for his first canoe trip on Father's Day. Saw a school of about 8 or so little 'bows swirling about 5' from shore.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/1027/301el.jpg

If you look close you can see a few in there.

See ya
Ace

That is a really great pic, thanks for sharing.

alodar
06-25-2010, 11:31 PM
i was out there a little over a month ago right after they stocked it so the f&w office told me and i had a few nibbles on power bait and salmon eggs but no takers

Darren N
06-26-2010, 07:23 AM
i was out there a little over a month ago right after they stocked it so the f&w office told me and i had a few nibbles on power bait and salmon eggs but no takers

i take it you ere fishing off shore with a pickeral rig or a bobber? Were you on the end of the lake that was open from trees and bushes near the highway two overpass? That would probably be the only place if I want to fly fish off shore.Other wise I need to drag out my pontoon boat. so far you are the only one who had any action other than some viewings. Some positive news I guess. Darrren

alodar
06-26-2010, 09:51 AM
yeah u basically pegged it it was a drop shot, we also tried with bobber i changed hook sizes and everything went down to the smallest i had even went bigger still these prarie trout have been evading me no matter which res i go to, there are alot of little parasites by the run off i think maybe the fish just have a nicer source of food

Darren N
06-26-2010, 10:09 AM
I think with all this info we got in the last few days, is to go out there and wake these fish up. It would be nice to have another fishing spot that is Centrally located. I would think once it gets going again people will come back to the way it was 25 years ago. If they are stocking 5000 rainbows a year as it says they have to be there. Maybe this will be my quest. May have to ask for a few more people to shake this pond up and get it going again. Fly fisherman, bait casters....

doublehaul
06-26-2010, 01:02 PM
There is an abundance of aquatic insects in there if you find a spot where there are some rocks. I think the fish have more than they can eat. I had a couple nibbles the few times I went last year, this year nothing!