PDA

View Full Version : 4th Official Bow Kill Of The Summer.

Walleyes
06-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Well boys its been done,, just got my 4th kill with my bow for the summer and what a trophy it was.. I wish I had the camera out to show you all because it was a hog the biggest of the summer season.

Oh I forgot,, I am talking about Gophers,, How else do you extinguish the critters when you live on an acreage with houses on either side of you.. You may as well turn it into a hunt..

ishootbambi
06-25-2010, 07:06 PM
ya know where that trailer storage is on twp 120? i smacked 44 of em in 2 hours on sunday. the owner though that was just awesome as he doesnt want to trap or poison with his dogs around, and cant shoot near the trailers.
that is some fun stuff. :sHa_shakeshout:

pottymouth
06-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Well boys its been done,, just got my 4th kill with my bow for the summer and what a trophy it was.. I wish I had the camera out to show you all because it was a hog the biggest of the summer season.

Oh I forgot,, I am talking about Gophers,, How else do you extinguish the critters when you live on an acreage with houses on either side of you.. You may as well turn it into a hunt..

That's awesome, I slammed 3 with two arrows this morning, ofr the deck.:sHa_shakeshout: Mrs. pottymouth, didn't think that was appropo during breakie! lol

peakseeker
06-25-2010, 10:45 PM
hey potty, did ya get my pm?

hunter10
06-25-2010, 10:58 PM
That's awesome, I slammed 3 with two arrows this morning, ofr the deck.:sHa_shakeshout: Mrs. pottymouth, didn't think that was appropo during breakie! lol

and did you show her who pays the bills? or does she?

shooting gophers with a bow is a blast!

FallAirFever
06-26-2010, 12:01 AM
shooting gophers with a bow is a blast!

You got that right H10. I got a couple last week on a fathers day trip with my family. Cant wait to go back when I have a bit more time to whack a few more!

Anyone looking for an archey gopher hunting partner, I'm in!!

Walleyes
06-26-2010, 12:47 AM
I know of no better practice,, beets any 3D tourney I have ever been to..

Rantastic
06-27-2010, 06:52 AM
do u boh gopher hunters lose or break alot of costly arrows? i have heard u can get the tips that make the arrow bounce up when it hits the dirt and just wondering about some personal experiences out there?

hunter10
06-27-2010, 09:17 AM
do u boh gopher hunters lose or break alot of costly arrows? i have heard u can get the tips that make the arrow bounce up when it hits the dirt and just wondering about some personal experiences out there?

Nope, unless you hit a rock, I haven't broke one, but i lost one the other day in some long grass. I don't use my best arrows for gophers though.

Walleyes
06-27-2010, 09:47 AM

A guy can loose the odd one but really no worse than any other shooting. I use grass catchers on the end of mine. Not the spring operated ones mine have a jagged edge cut to them that stands them up.

It really is a blast especially where I live along a fairly busy secondary. You should see some of the looks from people when I am standing out on my lawn at full draw..

ishootbambi
06-27-2010, 11:55 AM
i have broken many carbons shooting into the ground, so i prefer the old school aluminium for gophers. the thought of a carbon shattering and blasting through my hand is not appealing. i find aluminiums are easier to find as well as i buy silver ones. i prefer zwickey judos for some shots if i think the arrow may skip. cheaper knockoffs bend and break too easy. most of my shots are just a field point though. take a step or 2 to get the mound for a backstop is my motto.