PDA

View Full Version : Lake diefenbaker

super7mag
06-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Anyone been there this year and hows the fishing? Are the wallys biting?

Teamprotz
06-26-2010, 10:37 PM
Wouldn't imagine much is happening with the high water and dirty conditions , but thats just a guess.

super7mag
06-27-2010, 07:39 AM
We'll be heading down to visit friends that live close, figured to get some fishing in if possible. With all the water and flood water, the fish may have alot of food, that normally is not availble to them ?

Freedom55
06-28-2010, 07:15 AM
Took the boat to Coteau Bay for the first open water outing of the year on Father's Day. This is the north end of the lake near Danielson Provincial Park and west of the spillway. The water is very turbid but not brown at all. We trolled the bay and out into the main body a little ways and we jigged some in Irrigation Bay. Nada. 3 light bites on trolled Slasher Rap but no fish. Saw a fellow land a decent walleye from shore at the boat launch when we arrived at noon, which was encouraging, but the action was slow. The water appears to be 3m deeper this year over last, and the river finally looks like a river again as it flows away from the spillway.
You'll need a longer anchor rope if you plan on sitting still.
Next trip will be to Birsay (near the ferry landing) and I will stick to open water trolling for the rainbows and their mutant cousins.
On a side note, I had to take the boat to the Mercury dealer the next day. So much for turn-key reliability. 40 hours or less on that 4 stroke and I could not make more than 3000 rpm's after one quick run into the main body. Spent all day on the WireGuide after that and no fishing until I pay the bill (warranty?), hopefully Wednesday.