PDA

View Full Version : pontoon

Deano85
06-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Hi, im looking for some pontoon boat advice. I'm looking for a no frills quality 8' pontoon boat. I'll be just stillwater fishing with it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Darren N
06-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Hi, im looking for some pontoon boat advice. I'm looking for a no frills quality 8' pontoon boat. I'll be just stillwater fishing with it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I have a nine foot fish cat pontoon. fits in the back of my SUV and takes about 25 minutes to set up with the help of a inflation device rigged up to your vehicle. The are nice on cold days as you sit mostly above the water as compared to a float tube. Friends of mine have float tubes and they get out to the lake with a quicker set up but struggle if its cold and feel the constant water pressure as half your body is in the water. They are more pricy but if you look around for second hand or something you will be more happier with a pontoon than a float tube ( my opinion only and could be wrong ).

pipco
06-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Deano85,

Outcast makes a fine pontoon boat. I purchased an 8' PAC 800 fishcat last year after wearing out a water skeeter ( out of business as far as I know). I'm very pleased with quality and overall fit and finish and use it often.
Anyone I've talked to has only good things to say about the outcast products.
Happy shopping.
stan

Doc
06-27-2010, 12:39 PM
For an 8ft no frills pontoon, I'd look into the FISH CAT STREAMER XL-IR.

Weight: 56 lbs.
Load Capacity: 300 lbs.
Frame: 6-piece steel
Anchor System: Included
Motor Mount: Included
Oar Type: 6' 2-piece
Warranty: 5yrs

You can pick one up at Wholesale Sports for $549.95.

Cheers,
Doc

jono88
06-27-2010, 01:23 PM
I agree with Doc. i own the fish cat streamer xl-ir and i love it! it's a great way to get started with a pontoon boat.

Deano85
06-27-2010, 03:57 PM
After writing this thread i did some reasearch and came to the same conclusion, the fish cat streamer.

Does anyone know if you can buy them any cheaper? Do they sell them at bps, fishin hole, ect? Thanks