PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper to buy a fish,,in ALBERTA!!!!

great white whaler
06-27-2010, 12:49 AM
were to go?:sign0176:

WayneChristie
06-27-2010, 07:26 AM
I find either a lake or a river is usually a good bet :rolleye2: what do you want to catch?

Geezle
06-27-2010, 07:35 AM
I find either a lake or a river is usually a good bet :rolleye2: what do you want to catch?

X2 we need a little more to work with...where you're located or willing to drive would be a good start...

TreeGuy
06-27-2010, 08:52 AM
were to go?:sign0176:

Safeway! :)

DarkAisling
06-27-2010, 09:22 AM
Safeway! :)

That's what I'm thinking he's looking for too. Superstore apparently has Walleye sometimes, though I've yet to see it there. Otherwise, I'll buy trout and salmon there. Oh, and I've purchased some very nice steelhead (my absolute favourite) at Costco.

thrude1
06-27-2010, 09:33 AM
T&T Market in the old franklin Mall on 36th has a fresh fish counter good fish good $ i paid $2/lb for fresh ling awesome on the bbq.you will have to stand in line for a bit its worth it. Still i find pine lake before 9-930am the best time to fish cause all those wakers are still hung over

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
06-27-2010, 02:24 PM
I was in costco or Safeway and they had a package of 3 walleye around the 4 lb mark for 12.99 . Gutted , but left whole . Seems about same price as walleye draw , and no limit on how many you can get :lol:

flyguyd
06-27-2010, 04:05 PM
I was in costco or Safeway and they had a package of 3 walleye around the 4 lb mark for 12.99 . Gutted , but left whole . Seems about same price as walleye draw , and no limit on how many you can get :lol:

And you dont have to clean them either. All thats missing is the fight:)

whitetail Junkie
06-27-2010, 04:10 PM
And you dont have to clean them either. All thats missing is the fight:)

By the Time you Factor in the Price of Gas,Bait,equipment,wear and tear on your vehicle,and more restrictive possesion limits,its not even worth going fishing if your trying to make it an econamical thing by keeping and eating fish.I know that my one uncle gave fishing up for this reason.He goes to super store for now on and saves hundred's of $$$$$ by not going fishing.

sdimedru
06-27-2010, 05:08 PM
city farmer's market in edmonton (Saturdays Downtown), there is a fish vendor who sells Walleye from Slave Lake, $19/lb.... or about $15 per fillet

I'd stay away from the big shops personally, then again I'd rather just go catch it myself.

perchfinder
06-27-2010, 06:01 PM
By the Time you Factor in the Price of Gas,Bait,equipment,wear and tear on your vehicle,and more restrictive possesion limits,its not even worth going fishing if your trying to make it an econamical thing by keeping and eating fish.I know that my one uncle gave fishing up for this reason.He goes to super store for now on and saves hundred's of $$$$$ by not going fishing.

the couch will get boring! nothing like fresh air and a walleye at the end of the line